collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hot Topic Exclusives in UK?  (Read 509 times)

Loups

• Trade Count: (0)
Hot Topic Exclusives in UK?
« on: August 22, 2014, 04:53:34 PM »
Hey all,

Hot Topic are having a half price off international shipping offer and I was wondering if you guys think it's worth grabbing their exclusive Funko's or if it's worth seeing if they turn up on a UK website sometime?

If I buy all four it's about $25 for the shipping. All in all they work out about £12.50 each, which is what I'd pay here from the guys I've been getting them from. But there's the threat of customs which'd bump the price up.

Anyone have any idea if they'll come to the UK? I had to get Spitfire from Amazon.com because I couldn't find her here, so if I've got the opportunity to get these exclusives I'd rather get them now than pay stupid prices later on.

Any thoughts?

Loups.

P.S wasn't sure this was the right place for this [Hot!] topic so if it's not mods please move. :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Topic Exclusives in UK?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »
Are you talking about the big Funkos or the minis?

The big ones will definitely get there eventually.  Hot Topic only has exclusivity for a limited amount of time.  Not so sure about the minis, but you can't pick those out anyway.

Loups

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:36:23 PM »
Hey!

Yes, the big ones. I can get the mini's here, but honestly, they're just too expensive; they're about £9 each (so, what, $15-$16?) Waaaaaay too much!

But that's great news about the biggies! I was really worried I wouldn't be able to get all of the Mane Six! I got all the newer ones (well, new to me) in June at a show I attend every year. The only one's I've imported are the aforementioned Spitfire, GITD Whooves (because as well as being a MLP fan I'm a HUGE DW fan... although, not really looking forward to tonight. :( Come back Matt Smith!) and I got the Amazon sparkly Pop! three-pack for a ridiculously low price; think I caught it on one of Amazons low-price days!

Ahem... Anyway, thanks for that info. I shall likely wait until they hit UK shores and I can get them as and when I have the funds. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 04:50:00 AM »
Its a question about ponies so it would go in the Pony Corral :) I ll move this over for you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 05:07:29 PM »
Hey!

Yes, the big ones. I can get the mini's here, but honestly, they're just too expensive; they're about £9 each (so, what, $15-$16?) Waaaaaay too much!

But that's great news about the biggies! I was really worried I wouldn't be able to get all of the Mane Six! I got all the newer ones (well, new to me) in June at a show I attend every year. The only one's I've imported are the aforementioned Spitfire, GITD Whooves (because as well as being a MLP fan I'm a HUGE DW fan... although, not really looking forward to tonight. :( Come back Matt Smith!) and I got the Amazon sparkly Pop! three-pack for a ridiculously low price; think I caught it on one of Amazons low-price days!

Ahem... Anyway, thanks for that info. I shall likely wait until they hit UK shores and I can get them as and when I have the funds. :)

It actually might help if you hit up your local comic book shop, since they might be more inclined to order them for you if they think someone is interested.  :) 

I noticed a bunch on amazon.co.uk too

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »
The one warning I would give in advance is dont expect them to be like for like price wise if and when they hit shelves here. Often items work out much more expensive as we have a higher value per item economy than the US does on imported items.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 02:19:12 PM »
Mareplay has the minis for £6.99 each, or you might try one of the UK ponysites/Ebay to see if people are selling their unwanted ones fairly cheaply :) Sadly, as most comic shops have closed down, and our Toys R Us is a waste of space, it's not looking like any larger retailers will pick them up. HMV do stock some Funko products, but only for GoT, etc.

For the big ones, Amazon US is prolly your best bet. I got my SDCC Dizzy Hooves for I think £18, including postage, from them, and their courier takes a deposit in advance for import VAT so no nasty handling fees (and my package took five working days to arrive! That's faster than some domestic post!)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 03:13:51 PM »
Looks like Amazon.co.UK has most of the OLDER big ponies for between £9.50 - 14  - but way more for the new ones.

However, the price for the Funko ponies even at Hot Topic have taken a rather dramatic increase in price, so I'm sure the UK price will be even higher.

So yeah, you might not actually save much by waiting for them to appear locally unless you know of a comic shop likely to get them.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:22:14 PM by Galactica »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal