collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mug Swap 2014 ~ All shipped! All arrived!  (Read 26288 times)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Mug Swap 2014 ~ Sign-ups OPEN!
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »
I seen those alarm clocks. I would probably sleep through it, even those "happy lamps" that are used in winter  didn't work with me and fell asleep in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2014, 10:25:37 PM »
Book Likes and Dislikes:
My favourite novels are romantic fantasies but most importantly they have to be funny! Anything about fairies, mermaids etc. I don't like crime, horror or anything too "adult"..
I do like beautifully illustrated children's (or even young teen) books, especially if they have a cute little story :blush:
:fox:

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2014, 06:43:44 AM »
If there is still space, I would love to join. Talk of this swap has gotten me looking forward to that chilly autumn weather :D

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2014, 07:08:58 AM »
*shivers* Brr, it is FREEZING in my office today. Colder even than the usual frigidness. I could definitely use a nice mug full of warm something right now!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2014, 08:05:22 AM »
Aaaannndddd you're both approved :P. Welcome!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2014, 11:33:46 AM »
Favorite color: Pink! And charcoal grey. But also light green, and purple, and gold, and turquoise... I like colors :D

Candy that you like/dislike: I like chooocolate. I like toffee. I like things made by Haribo. I love coconut and ginger. But I'm not picky :P I don't have any allergies.

What kinds of mugs do you like?: Hmmm. I like sort of standard size to slightly larger mugs - nothing that looks like a puppy could take a bath in it or anything haha. I do like travel mugs but not plastic because plastic really tends to absorb the fragrance and flavor of a lot of the teas I drink (ceramic or full stainless on the inside are good.) I like any mugs that are relevant to my interests! all over designs are always nice, but simple is just as good.

What would be good extras for you?: Aside from treats/drinks? Hmm... Stickers! Pretty stickers or character stickers that I can use in craft projects/resin. Nail polish, chapstick/lip balm, colorful pens, pony hair. But whatever, really.

Do you drink tea/coffee/hot cocoa/ cider? Please include favorite flavors or any flavor you are NOT interested in: Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes :D  I like black teas. I like things with spiced flavors but not too fond of fruity. Not a big herbal tea fan. I drink plenty of coffee - I already have a TON of just standard french roast coffee in so I don't need any more of that x_x but flavored coffee is fun, or syrups or flavors to add! I also love love love flavored hot chocolates - mint, cinnamon, salted caramel, whatever flavors! I like cider but prefer to use real apple cider, but I like spice mixes and stuff to add.

What devices do you have for making your beverages?: For coffee I use a keurig at home, a regular drip pot at work. I have a coffee grinder if I need it. I have lots of tea strainers/infusers so loose leaf tea is a-ok.

Spoiler
Whats your favorite game/tv series/movie? I geek over Harry Potter, comics (Zatanna, John Constantine/Helblazer, Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Batgirl, Nightwing), Alton Brown, Dr Who/Torchwood, Firefly, The West Wing... I think those are the big ones.

Favorite Themes? Skulls, sugar skulls, halloween, ravens, hedgehogs, hello kitty, nerdy thing *points up to list* fall/leaves, tea-themed things

Do you like cup soups? If so, which are your favorite flavours? I've never really had cup soups.

What are your book interests? I read a lot of young adult books as that's my area of interest in my career. I've already mentioned being a harry potter nut.

Do you have a favorite animals/animals and would you like that on a mug? My favorite animals are lions and hedgehogs - and yes, totally cool with critter mugs.

Do you like interesting/weird shapes or are you more traditional with your drinkware? I like interesting shapes! And novelty kind of mugs are fun.

How do you feel about touristy stuff as an extra? (I.e. Postcards, keychains, etc) No thank you - I don't really have a place to put things like that.

Pony stuff as extras? (like the calendar, cups, pens, etc) Hm, no thank you. I'm not a big G4 person

Do you have kids/significant other/pets? Would they like anything included in your box? My kitty cats love anything with catnip :3

How game are you at trying foods or drinks from other countries/cultures?  Anything you would rather avoid flavours wise? (just as an example, chili, bacon, chocolate) I am really open to anything! I love trying new things.

Do you like smelly stuff? Candles, bubble bath, soaps, etc? I do like scented candles, I use them a lot. But no bath stuff/soap stuff please.

Are you looking for a mug for any place (Home/Work/School etc) in particular? I use all of my mugs all over the place, so anything is fine :)

Would you prefer mugs that are Dishwasher/Microwave safe? For ceramic type mugs I prefer microwave safe, dishwasher doesn't really matter.

Dear partner, what is the most favorite mug you've ever owned? This one! Best mug ever.

Catching up on questions :)

Let's say you have already listed a favorite animal or two. How would you feel about receiving a mug purchased from a rescue for said animal? That would be really nice :)

Do you have a favorite region of the world, or a culture that is your favorite? Not really. I'm originally from England so I like English things.

If you have a favorite show/book/video game, would you like trading cards/trading stickers from it? No thank you.

Do you like nail polish? if so what colors do you like wearing? I LOVE nail polish and I love all colors! Bright and colorful nails are awesome.

As we will be receiving our swap boxes in October would you like any Halloween themed extras? Do you prefer cute Halloween things such as black cats, pumpkins or more dark/ gory things? I love halloween stuff, so absolutely! I guess I prefer kind of elegant or gothic halloween stuff, or kind o vintage, nothing super cutesy.

If I paint a mug this might be one of your main mugs. Is that okay? And what would you most like painted on a mug? I'd certainly appreciate the effort of a painted mug as an extra. Anything from my interests would be fine.

Do you like cactus? Sure, cacti are cool

Fuzzy socks?? Sure! I like to keep my toesies warm.

What are your top three favorite mystical creatures?
Hm, I'm not really "into" mystical creatures in a want to collect them sort of way. I do like griffins and vampires.

If you drink coffee or tea, what flavors/types do you like? I drink both. I don't do a lot of flavored coffee, but I like things to add in like flavored syrups. With tea I mostly drink black teas. I do like some flavors or blends - spiced things like chai, or 'christmas' spiced tea with orange and cloves, or vanilla or lavender. I'm not a big fan of fruity or herbal tea.

Would you prefer a stylized mug with an image of your interests on it, or a stylized mug in your favorite colors (no image): Hm, probably my interests :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:37:17 AM by NoDivision »

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2014, 12:44:27 PM »
Have just updated my questions  :)

Been doing a bit of mug window shopping today, can't wait to get my partner so can get started!  :biggrin:
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2014, 01:41:23 PM »
Yay for mug swap 2014:)
I was going to sit this one out but I couldnt resist a new mug x

Favorite color: Pink,purple,grey,black

Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!): I like most sweets apart from Dark chocolate and sour gummies

What kinds of mugs do you like? (Ex. Small, large, designs, etc.) Give your partner an idea of the things you like!: I like normal sized ceramic mugs,My two favs that I use daily are a Disney classics beauty and the beast cup and a Jurassic park mug(it has a chip and I still use it as I love it alot lol) I did have a lovely Slytherin Harry potter mug I brought from The Harry Potter London tour but I smashed it:( Ill try and upload a pic of my mugs tomorrow x

What would be good extras for you?:Other than drinks would be stickers,pens,hair bubbles,Pez,Lipsticks,lipbalm x but really anything goes x

Do you drink tea/coffee/hot cocoa/ cider? Please include favorite flavors or any flavor you are NOT interested in:I have never tried cider,I drink tea on a regular basis and would love to try some different flavors although I dislike herbal tea. Coffee and hot chocolate is also very welcome really I will try anything.

What devices do you have for making your beverages? (coffee pot, Keurig, tea pot, coffee press, etc):
coffee press,kettle

Questions from the group!

Whats your favorite game/tv series/movie?
Fav game-not sure I have a fav I enjoy playing the lego games and im currently playing skyrim,Tv series are Buffy the vampire slayer,Firefly,True blood.Movies I like are Jurassic park,Twilight,Lord of the rings/The hobbit,Avengers,The matrix,Shaun of the dead I could go on and on lol

Favorite Themes? A Halloween themed mug would be awesome or one based on my likes,sci fi themed or maybe killer whale themed would also be cool.

Do you like cup soups? If so, which are your favorite flavours?
Never had a cup soup but I would be willing to try one x

Book likes & dislikes
Twilight,Harry potter,Mortal instruments,anything by dean koontz or stephen king. I like sci-fi,fantasy,crime like patricia cornwell :)

2015 pony calendar - Is that something you'd be interested in as an extra?
Sure :)

Do you like interesting/weird shapes or are you more traditional with your drinkware?
As im sure you can see by the pics I posted of my mugs that I like both tradition and wacky lol although tradition shape/size does tend to get used more often x

How do you feel about touristy stuff as an extra? (I.e. Postcards, keychains, etc)
Yes sure I love postcards and local items

Pony stuff as extras? (like the calendar, cups, pens, etc)
Pens stickers are great pretty much any pony merch is welcome at my house lol

Do you have kids/significant other/pets? Would they like anything included in your box?
I have a cat and 2 girls but Im selfish when it comes to swap boxes and want everything to me mine lol

How game are you at trying foods or drinks from other countries/cultures?  Anything you would rather avoid flavours wise? (just as an example, chili, bacon, chocolate)
I will try anything you wish to send me apart from bugs or mushrooms lol

Do you like smelly stuff? Candles, bubble bath, soaps, etc?
I love scented candles I am burning a wine one at the moment:) I like cinnamon,spiced apple,pumpkin plus really sweet scents like bubblegum. I love bubble bath but I dont use most soaps as I have sensitive skin.

Are you looking for a mug for any place (Home/Work/School etc) in particular?
My mugs will stay at home:) I would love to take one to work but I know that everyone will use it lol

Would you prefer mugs that are Dishwasher/Microwave safe?
I dont have a dishwasher so makes no difference to me lol
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 12:15:54 PM by wiccanpony1 »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2014, 03:24:50 PM »
Would it help if I made everyone's name on the front page a link to their swap questions?

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2014, 04:42:09 PM »
I think that's a great idea mkia :)
:fox:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2014, 05:26:53 PM »
awesome idea, Mkia!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2014, 05:32:19 PM »
:like:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2014, 05:42:05 PM »
Lol okay I'll work on that :).

Even though I'm hosting, I'm anxious for partners too! Haha.

ETA: Okay, everyone who has posted their question answers has a link to their post via their name in the participants list. Hopefully it'll help find your partners list later on! :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:55:23 PM by mkia9 »

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2014, 07:35:02 PM »
Thanks mkia, awesome idea!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2014, 07:43:02 PM »
So my mom texted me today saying she found the 2015 pony calendar at the dollar tree today.

Is that something you'd be interested in as an extra?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal