collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Next set of Mcdonalds ponies revealed. Rainbowified  (Read 28825 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Next set of Mcdonalds ponies revealed. Rainbowified
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2014, 09:38:44 AM »
I'm planning on doing the same thing I did last time McDonald's had ponies. I'll go in there in the evening the first day they have them (after the dinner rush) and buy a few complete sets from the customer satisfaction box they have. I believe the box has 4 complete sets. I'll probably buy two or three complete sets, one for myself and the rest to sell.

While I'm kind of disappointed with them reusing molds for Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & Rainbow Dash, I'm just glad to see them finally having ponies again. It was weird that we didn't get any ponies last year.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2014, 09:47:12 AM »
I'm happy to see Luna. but I'm not sure if I'm gonna go all BANANNERS...  and rabidly chase them like i did last time.   :blush:
 I might just casually pick them up one at a time.   

HannahBeth333

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2014, 09:47:41 AM »
I want them all!!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2014, 09:51:38 AM »
On the subject of Season 1 Luna, I once saw somebody speculate that her hair is a solid light-ish blue during the day and transparent at night. Or if that's not the case, the little kid part of the demographic could prefer how she looked in Season 1.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Sarah Jo

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2014, 10:06:04 AM »
Argh, I must have Luna. Normally I love the excuse to eat there while getting toys.. but right now I'm trying to lose much poundage. I'll have to bug them to sell me just toys.

I'm planning on doing the same thing I did last time McDonald's had ponies. I'll go in there in the evening the first day they have them (after the dinner rush) and buy a few complete sets from the customer satisfaction box they have. I believe the box has 4 complete sets.

What's this customer satisfaction box thing ? I've never heard of that !

KailaOceano

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2014, 11:21:33 AM »
ooh I will have to check mcdonalds around that time. Really want the luna toy, also celestia and twilight and Vinyl. Does anyone know if the date these toys are released is the same in Canada?

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »
Argh, I must have Luna. Normally I love the excuse to eat there while getting toys.. but right now I'm trying to lose much poundage. I'll have to bug them to sell me just toys.

I'm planning on doing the same thing I did last time McDonald's had ponies. I'll go in there in the evening the first day they have them (after the dinner rush) and buy a few complete sets from the customer satisfaction box they have. I believe the box has 4 complete sets.

What's this customer satisfaction box thing ? I've never heard of that !
  I have not heard about that box either !! :) would like to know how to get a full set :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

sugar_apple

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2014, 12:01:03 PM »
Yay, new McD ponies!! We got the first set(?) around 2010-11 so I'm optimistic that these will also be available in my country :P I need that DJ, Luna and Celestia, and 'rainbowfied' Fluttershy actually looks pretty nice too!

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2014, 12:42:01 PM »
Must... Get... Luna.
Unfortunately the nearest McD's are 35 miles from here.

This must be a you know you are from Kansas joke in the making

You know you are from Kansas when the nearest McDonald's are 35 miles away. jk

I actually enjoyed it when I was there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2014, 12:45:20 PM »
Hmm-  I want that Luna, but I guess not enough to support McDonalds in any way shape or form.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2014, 12:52:48 PM »
I think we need to get Applejack's face on a milk carton.

LOl  :lol:, maybe Trenderhoof can't accept a no for awnser and he kidnapped poor AJ??  :P  :devious:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2014, 01:08:50 PM »
Why DJ and not apple jack? Kinda ticked about that.
Everyone is sad when it's just mane 6 releases, but suddenly one mane 6 member is missing and everyone misses her?!

I don't get it. She would just be a redo like the other mane 6 minus Twi, isn't getting one more new (for MCdonalds toys at least) character better?

More like "suddenly Applejack is missing". As an AJ fan I'm annoyed whenever she gets left out because she is the No.1 when it comes to getting left out. Of course I'm happy when a new(ish) character gets added, but I have allergies against AJ/Background Pony swaps. It's less about the remolds and more about the fact that AJ is often ignored.

thekozmicpig

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2014, 01:10:16 PM »
While I'm kind of disappointed with them reusing molds for Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie & Rainbow Dash, I'm just glad to see them finally having ponies again. It was weird that we didn't get any ponies last year.

Or even Equestria Girl stuff. Heck, why didn't anyone have EG stuff? I half expected someone to do that.

As far as those molds go, it's disappointing, but 2011 Fluttershy is my all time favorite G4 McD's pony mold. She's so happy to point at everything, no matter what it is.

A note to anyone doing this for the first time: Unlike the bulk of food, there is no set price for toys alone (it's also not a huge hassle. I haven't been to a McD's that won't do it) It's usually pretty cheap, like $1.50-2.50 IIRC, but some do charge more than others, though I really don't think driving to multiple stores trying to see who charges the least for Rarity and spending I dunno how much for gas to save $2 in the long run is a very good idea.

However, if you find one that does, stick with it I guess.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2014, 01:42:39 PM »
For those asking about the customer satisfaction box, (I've also heard it called customer appreciation box) it's just an extra box that McDonald's receives every toy promotion that has like 4 complete sets of the toys. It's usually kept in the back and from what I've heard, sometimes managers don't like opening the box because if it's unopened, they send it back once the promotion's over, but if it's opened, they're charged for it. Of course, if you're buying half the box or more in one go, they are usually ok with it. When I did this, they brought the box up to the counter and let me dig out my two sets. Even though I was buying food, the manager only let me get 3 toys at the discounted ($1) price, so the other 13 I bought were $2 each. Definitely don't go in during their breakfast, lunch or dinner rush, because if they're busy, they're much more likely to turn you down.

LuckyTwirlerina

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2014, 01:53:40 PM »
Why DJ and not apple jack? Kinda ticked about that.
Everyone is sad when it's just mane 6 releases, but suddenly one mane 6 member is missing and everyone misses her?!

I don't get it. She would just be a redo like the other mane 6 minus Twi, isn't getting one more new (for MCdonalds toys at least) character better?

More like "suddenly Applejack is missing". As an AJ fan I'm annoyed whenever she gets left out because she is the No.1 when it comes to getting left out. Of course I'm happy when a new(ish) character gets added, but I have allergies against AJ/Background Pony swaps. It's less about the remolds and more about the fact that AJ is often ignored.

^This

Though I do think the reason they keep leaving her out is because she's the least popular with children. She's pretty much the most mature of the mane 6 and doesn't get nearly enough episodes for her flaws to be apparent enough that she needs to even bother learning new lessons as much as the others. She's a little too adult-like to be a relatable character for the younger audience, and she doesn't make up for it in pinkness, so Hasbro doesn't seem to like her. I actually heard Hasbro started to lose money at one point from producing AJ toys which is why they started leaving her out, though I'm not sure if that's entirely true. My local toy stores/sections actually don't even stock AJ toys anymore.  :huh:

Anyway, that Luna actually looks pretty nice. At least she's not PURPLE, so I might treat myself to a happy meal and pony at some point.   ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal