collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: (non-pony) Item reeks of cigarette smoke, what to do?  (Read 1192 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: (non-pony) Item reeks of cigarette smoke, what to do?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 01:32:07 AM »
I just got a pony that reeks of cigarette smoke again.. one of the Sunshine ponies I wanted really badly. :\ I just figure they don't really realize it though? That they're probably used to the smell. Someone suggested baking soda could help so I hope it does.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 03:36:18 AM »
Baking soda   can help yes - and also (I know this sounds gross) cat litter :P  (not a cheap gritty one, but something which absorbs odors ;) )  . Put the pony in a ziplock (or similar) bag with the litter and it should get rid of the smoke.   Giving the pony an oxyclean soak and also sitting it in some fresh air can help too.
The time it takes to remove the smell depends on how bad it is :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 06:07:31 AM »
Update! I got another message from the seller:

"Thank you very much for letting me know. I will take note of this issue as I do not want to have my customers unhappy with my products or service. I appreciate your understanding in this issue and am very grateful for your efforts in this issue. I have taken steps to ensure this issue does not arise again. As a matter of appreciation I am refunding 50% of the full cost on your order to you as a gesture of the good faith you have shown me."

I'm happy to mark this as resolved and retract my initial warning about the seller as it seems he's very much changed his tune. I'm going to leave positive feedback and ding a star each for the item's description and the seller's communication (as there was no need for him to have been so rude initially) and "Item smelt of cigarette smoke but seller very helpful and gave 50% refund." Does this sound fair?
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 06:15:20 AM »
I think that sounds more than fair.

While I know that problems can arise, I firmly believe it is all on how the seller handles them should there be an issue. I suppose there initial response was maybe made in defense and they had time to think about it. Thus coming to a resolve that is satisfying to both parties.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 06:30:49 AM »
I think that sounds more than fair.

While I know that problems can arise, I firmly believe it is all on how the seller handles them should there be an issue. I suppose there initial response was maybe made in defense and they had time to think about it. Thus coming to a resolve that is satisfying to both parties.

Yeah, I totally get that not everyone will get it right 100% of the time and wouldn't ever penalise someone for making an honest mistake  :)

I'm a little concerned he might be angry I left honest feedback :/ even though I know I'm totally justified in leaving honest feedback.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 07:17:56 PM »
I had no such fear, and left honest feedback - 2 years later found out I was blocked, never did get any feedback at all, lol. Seller's can't leave anything but a positive for buyers.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 01:50:16 AM »
He already left positive feedback for me after I paid ^^ I guess I'm just worrying over nothing much ahaha ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal