collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "item not recieved" case after 1 week! *update*  (Read 1052 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
"item not recieved" case after 1 week! *update*
« on: January 11, 2014, 11:04:36 AM »
Actually, less than 1 week and he lives in Brazil! I'm posting from canada! The auction ended on January 2nd and he's already filed and escalated the case with PayPal! Am i stuck? This guy is going to get his money back PLUS the doll unless I can do something! Will PayPal see this guy as being irrational?

*update* PayPal has resolved the problem in a most unexpected way! They wrote today that upon reviewing my PaPal history with other transactions, they have decided in favour of the buyer HOWEVER, given my history and the "unique" circumstances of the case they refunded him themselves and did not debit my account! So how about that? I guess they actually agreed with me that his expectation of delivery in 4 days to be unrealistic, but had to side with him anyway. Best possible outcome and lesson learned! No more shipping w/o tracking...unless it's to you guys! Lol!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:07:39 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Buyer has opened an "item not recieved" case after 1 week!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 01:22:26 PM »
Well, one thing to remember is that if he was just trying to contact you and chose 'item not received yet' or whatever, Ebay would open a case for him. Maybe he didn't mean to? Did he talk to you at all?

Edit:  Or wait, maybe it wouldn't open it for him because it's so soon. I'm not sure now!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 01:42:11 PM »
Has he contacted you at all?!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 01:52:59 PM »
He contacted me earlier this week and asked if it had been shipped yet. It had been marked as shipped in eBay, and I wrote him that, yes, it had been posted on the 6th. This case he just opened today...he opened the case and then 15 minutes later he escalated it! I didn't see the messages until a few hours later, and now PayPal gives me only 3 options: 1. Provide proof of tracking (dude paid $11 for shipping...there is no tracking!) 2. Refund his money or 3. Provide proof i've refunded his money! I called PayPal but they said that since I don't have a tracking # there's not much they can do even though it wouldn't be there yet if it had been tracked! *sigh* I want to get on a plane to brazil and just kick this guy! He has good feedback and everything, and i'd given him A+ Feedback already, so that's done, too. I feel like an idiot. Now he's going to get both the money AND the doll and i just have to take it.
Name is papagaio-2013 if y'all want to know.

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 02:23:06 PM »
Ughhhhhh wtf is wrong with people. I'm sorry this happened to you.  :( I never sold on Ebay but my mom has and she's had some terrible buyers like that, good feedback and all. Are you going to message him at all?

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »
Definitely shoot him a message... or just shoot him... :P

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 02:38:40 PM »
I've sent hom two messages...the first explaining that yes, the package has been sent but delivery takes between 6-8 weeks. I also asked him to please de-escalate the claim and that as far as PayPal was considered he'd have 45 days to file a "item not received" case and to please wait till closer to that time. If the doll (Monster High Gloom Beach Jackson...damn he was pretty) hadn't been delivered by then, then I would work something out with him.
After i spoke with the rep at PayPal I sent him another message explaining that i had spoken with them, and that the $11 shipping doesn't include a tracking number...that it would be more like $45 if it had, and that I wanted to save my customers having to pay such high prices.
I really don't know what else to do in this situation. Maybe you're right and eBay just escalated it or he did by accident...he hasn't been on eBay long from what i've seen and we all know what clicking the wrong button can do, so hopefully that's what's going on. I hate to think I've been scammed...it just makes me more and more not want to sell anything on eBay. I even warn people when i'm talking to them about selling that if i knew back then what i know now i'd have never started in the first place  -_-

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 02:51:57 PM »
Hugs Seashell! Obviously this dumb *** doesn't realize that it is going to take far longer than one week to get the item he paid for. It takes at least 2 weeks if not 3 just to receive something from Canada to the USA. If the buyer was smart he would have looked at the estimated arrival time for the item instead of jumping so fast. I am also surprised that Ebay would allow the case to be escalated or to be opened at all for that matter when the estimated arrival date has not been reached or passed yet. I feel for you hun.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 02:58:20 PM »
The dispute is through PayPal, so...i dunno. I guess i'll just have to wait and see.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 09:54:13 PM »
Unbelievable, I know that it's been escalated to paypal, but have you tried contacting ebay to see if you have any seller protection options? I know the item was sent without tracking, but like you said, even if you had gotten tracking, it still wouldn't have been received yet, so clearly he's being totally unreasonable.

I would try calling paypal back and asking to speak with a supervisor or manager. I know that without tracking, there isn't much you can do, chances are paypal will side with him, because we all know how that works. Chances are it will be 4-6 weeks before he receives the item, because it sounds like it went surface mail, which is slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through
peanut butter.

Sorry you're going through this Seashell :hug:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 12:42:19 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems.  No matter what, always ship with tracking though - because if it's delivered and the buyer still needs a refund, Paypal won't take it from your account; Paypal will cover it - that's why you pay fees and such to them.  Since there is no tracking, Paypal has no guarantees that you shipped, therefore they will have you refund the buyer.  With countries with unreliable postal service, even with tracking, Paypal will usually refund the buyer.  :( 

There's just no winning for a seller in this situation.  You're likely to be out the item and the money.  Was the savings of no tracking justifiable to losing the money and the pony?  :(  If so, it might have been easier to just throw the pony in a dumpster and not sell it at all, sadly.   Even if the buyer does not pay for the service, you still need to protect yourself as the seller and buy tracking. 

Also, I'd advise against leaving FB until the transaction is concluded - pony in buyer's hands, feedback has been left for you, etc.  I know you said that you already did in this case, but it's not a good idea as you are not able to leave honest feedback.  In this case, you could have mentioned, " Very impatient; refused track/insur; filed claim within 7 days of item shipping."

I can say that there are a number of buyers who will file claims simply because they see the seller did not include tracking!  Protect yourself!  :( 

*pony hugs*  Thanks for warning us about this buyer though!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 01:10:33 AM »
I really wish more countries would offer sensibly priced tracking, it would solve most of these problems (we have the same here. Regular international mail is £3.60. Fully tracked is nearly £50) =/ It's such a pain that some countries can offer tracking for a few pounds or dollars and others want a ridiculous fee for the same thing.

I'm so sorry that your buyer is being so unreasonable, and I hope that if you are forced to refund them that they send you the money again when the pony arrives :hug:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 02:37:51 AM »
He wrote back in portuguese "Ok I wait"...I don't know what this means since the case is still the same against me. I used Google Translate to send him a thank you back...hopefully he'll see how hard I'm trying to make things right...even going so far as to communicate in his native language!
I think it's a lost cause, though. Right now, to be honest I'm NOT refunding his money and it can stay in limbo with Paypal forever if need be. At least I have that, since he can't use the money either.
I. Done dealing with other countries as far as eBay goes. I'll just be selling within Canada from now on. I've been bit in the ass too many times by these buyers. That was the first time i'd ever left feedback prior to the package being delivered as well. I was doing it for a bunch of them and kinda did his by accident. I was like...oh, well, it's not like i can leave a negative anyway!

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 03:07:56 AM »
Maybe someone here could help you talk to him in his language better?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 03:13:30 AM »
I really wish more countries would offer sensibly priced tracking, it would solve most of these problems (we have the same here. Regular international mail is £3.60. Fully tracked is nearly £50) =/ It's such a pain that some countries can offer tracking for a few pounds or dollars and others want a ridiculous fee for the same thing.

I'm so sorry that your buyer is being so unreasonable, and I hope that if you are forced to refund them that they send you the money again when the pony arrives :hug:

This!!! This is such a frustration for me and is the reason I am genuinely considering no longer shipping international outside of the EU on ebay sales. Buyers [understandably] will not pay the price I need to charge in order to send something from the UK tracked. The price hike is absolutely ridiculous and with the Royal Mail privatised its not going to get any better any time soon. :(

However all that being said, the crappy news on this is that paypal and ebay are going to demand proof of delivery/tracking or they will side with the buyer :( Its not great and you are right if you give many buyers the option they will take the cheaper shipping option. But for your own sake, when selling to someone you do not know, unfortunately charging them the price for tracking [no matter how expensive] is pretty much the only option now a days.

As it's too late for this unfortunately, I am thinking in this case you are going to almost have to hope it turns up with your buyer in that 45 day window. If your buyer closes the case now, he will not be able to reopen it. That is going to make him reluctant to close the case - he will need to leave it open [just in case it genuinely did not turn up with him]. In the meantime there is no harm in trying to continue to browbeat ebay - I dont think you will necessarily get somewhere but its always worth a shot?

I would also stalk your buyer a little, keep in touch with him to make sure he lets you know as soon as that doll arrives in order that he can close the case immediately.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal