collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's Talk G1 Original Ribbons! PICS  (Read 9428 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Talk G1 Original Ribbons! PICS
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 04:39:46 AM »
I love ribbons, and I can usually match up the ribbons and accessories that come with lots of ponies.  I've got so many from my own collection that have gotten mixed in, and ones that have come with accessory lots that I have no idea who they go with.... especially the pink ones!!

I found some replacement princess ribbon that's a pretty good match for the original.  The main difference is that the borders are silver instead of gold (the middle one is the new one, and the other 2 are original).  I've got a bunch of different colours, and they look great on display.  Unfortunately, I've only found them at one mom & pop fabric store about an hour from Ottawa, and it's cut by the yard, so I'm not sure who makes it.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 04:52:12 AM »
I'm totally bookmarking this thread. I don't think I have any original ribbons but would LOVE to find some and match them up with my ponies. I've never really been able to tell them apart but the pictures help a lot. Thank you! :hug:

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 04:55:12 AM »
I do have some original ribbons, but generally I'm not all that interested in the originality. I would however like to find a brand of ribbon that looks like the original. Also, I always try to display my ponies with a ribbon that is the same color as their original. I find it often compliments the pony the best.

Do you guys put the newborn's ribbons in the pony's tail like the adults have, or in their hair like hasbro often pictured?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 04:59:38 AM »
For me all ponies have ribbons in their tails :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2013, 05:53:02 AM »
This thread is amazing as I had some questions on ribbons for awhile. Thanks!!!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2013, 02:42:47 PM »
For me all ponies have ribbons in their tails :)

All my ponies get their ribbons in their tails as they get matched back up to their original owners... :heart: I love tail ribbons! So pretty!

I love ribbons, and I can usually match up the ribbons and accessories that come with lots of ponies.  I've got so many from my own collection that have gotten mixed in, and ones that have come with accessory lots that I have no idea who they go with.... especially the pink ones!!

I found some replacement princess ribbon that's a pretty good match for the original.  The main difference is that the borders are silver instead of gold (the middle one is the new one, and the other 2 are original).  I've got a bunch of different colours, and they look great on display.  Unfortunately, I've only found them at one mom & pop fabric store about an hour from Ottawa, and it's cut by the yard, so I'm not sure who makes it.

Wow - those are nice! How much is it per yard? I might have to bother you for some someday if I can't find all the princess ribbons at some point! :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 11:31:30 AM »

Wow!  ButtercreamDream, thanks for posting!  What a close match!  I know very little about Princess ribbons so I was especially interested to see this.

If anyone is interested, I'm selling many of my original ribbons here:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,343702.0.html
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal