collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony World Building!  (Read 968 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Pony World Building!
« on: June 14, 2013, 10:00:11 PM »
So I am in the brainstorming phase of a massive project for Callista11.  I will be painting a large reproduction of the Equestria map that was released in Walmart last year.  However, we have decided to include G1 in this project.  At this point, we are thinking that the world of G1 will be a separate continent to the right of the G4 continent as seen on the map.  There is even going to be an island for "Friendship Gardens" and seapony kingdoms (plural :) )

So we are looking for help brainstorming on all of the places that should be included in a map of the world during G1.  ( Callista11, I forgot to ask you if you wanted to include the first show only or if you wanted to fit in My Little Pony Tales.)

Here is the list we have compiled so far.  Both of us are a little fuzzy on the official names of some of these places so if you can help us out on that, it would be great!

Dream Valley,
Dream Castle,
Paradise Estate,
Flutter Valley,
the Mushroomp,
Tiracs Castle,
the mountain the witches live on in the movie (volcano of gloom?)
Swamp from movie
Ice kingdom (penguins)
Bees land
Nimlic the trolls desert
Sea pony kingdom
Storybook cavern rock thingie
Grundle land
Bushwoolie land
Swan ghost thingie land?
Megan's stable other end of Rainbow?
Stone backs/fur bobs land?
Night shades hometown
Tambelon
Golden horseshoes places
Sonambula?

Also, as mentioned, seaponies will have a substantial presence on the map as well and since there isn't really anything canon about them, lets here your suggestions for names/places of their homes.

Thanks, everyone for helping!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony World Building!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:24:38 PM »
I really hope you include the MLPTales series as well! I sort of imagine them as living on a very small, somewhat sheltered little island. Clearly they are very advance in their technology, but they are very focused on their own culture so they come off as a little secluded from the rest of the world. They're not hostile of course, such as when Bright Eyes went to go visit another island for school trip, but because they have everything they need on their island they haven't really reached the advancement of travel, especially since they're all earth ponies. We know that pegasus and alicorns can visit their little island and perhaps they are becoming more and more aware of other ponies out in the world, but since these ponies don't experience magic their lives are much more low-key and "human" than the ponies of Dream Valley.

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 10:37:14 PM »
Hmm, we'll take that into consideration.  Does Tales have a name for the town and/or world they live in?

Also, I might have to fill in some spaces to the G4 part which are currently "off the map."  Can anyone think of any canon G4 locations that didn't make it onto the Walmart map?

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 10:49:26 PM »
I'll give you all the official names I know.
Tirac's castle is called Midnight Castle.
The land the Bees live in is called Bumbleland
the volcano is the Volcano of Gloom like you mentioned.
The furbobs live in "Furbobia" however it is stated that Furbobia moves because the Fubobs relocate to escape the Stonebacks.
Hope that helps.

Offline Callista11

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 10:59:02 PM »
Thanks heaps for helping guys!  :biggrin: I am soooo excited!

I just found this list of mentioned places in G4, that I don't think made it on the Walmart map. It's from the mlp FIM wikia

**oops, just saw most of these are on the map**
Mentioned regions

Hoofington
Hoofington is a village mentioned by Trixie as the site of her alleged battle with an ursa; her story implies the town is near the Everfree Forest. The suffix -ington is derived from old English for "town". The name is quite similar to that of a political news website, The Huffington Post.

Fillydelphia
Fillydelphia is briefly mentioned by Princess Celestia in the episode Swarm of the Century. As an excuse for cancelling her visit to Ponyville, the Princess says she has to go to Fillydelphia in order to deal with an infestation of "incredibly bothersome creatures", presumably parasprites. It is mentioned again in A Friend in Deed as Cranky Doodle Donkey's previous residence. In It's About Time, it is mentioned when Rainbow Dash gives the report that nothing dangerous is coming from Fillydelphia all the way to Las Pegasus. In Hurricane Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash mentions that Fillydelphia broke the tornado wind speed record with a top speed of 910 wingpower. It is also mentioned in Games Ponies Play. Lauren Faust, the show's creator, mentioned in a comment on deviantArt that she wanted to name the main setting of the show Fillydelphia after Philadelphia where her family resides, but ultimately went with Ponyville.

Trottingham
Trottingham is mentioned in Stare Master, where Rarity is making 20 gold-lined gowns for ponies there, and later mentioned in Luna Eclipsed as Pipsqueak's previous residence. It is probably a portmanteau of 'Nottingham', an English city, and 'trot', a jogging speed for horses.

Las Pegasus
Las Pegasus is mentioned in It's About Time. It is referenced when Rainbow Dash gives the report that nothing dangerous is coming from Fillydelphia all the way to Las Pegasus. The name is a play on Las Vegas according to the episode's writer M.A. Larson.[3] In the original version of the map, it was spelled "Los Pegasus", with an "Applewood" sign placed next to it, which implied a Los Angeles / Hollywood reference.

Tartarus
Tartarus is a place mentioned in It's About Time. It's a place where evil creatures are held prisoner and guarded by the three-headed dog, Cerberus. Tartarus is from Greek mythology, being a deep dark pit below the underworld where many of the damned are imprisoned.

Baltimare
Baltimare is a city mentioned in It's About Time. It is referenced when Rainbow Dash gave a mini-report that a pegasus just came back from there, and there was no danger. The name is a play on the real life city called Baltimore.

Saddle Arabia
Mentioned in the episode Magic Duel, Princess Celestia arrives to Ponyville with two representatives from the region. The name is a play on the real life desert region kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Hollow Shades
Mentioned in the episode Apple Family Reunion by Apple Bloom while she is rattling off town names. Not much else is known about the destination.

Galloping Gorge
Mentioned in the episode Apple Family Reunion by Apple Bloom while she is rattling off town names. Not much else is known about the destination.

Foal Mountain
Mentioned in the episode Apple Family Reunion by Apple Bloom while she is rattling off town names.

Tall Tale
Mentioned in the episode Apple Family Reunion by Apple Bloom while she is rattling off town names. Not much else is known about the town.

Mustangia
Mentioned in the episode Games Ponies Play by Ms. Peachbottom. In the episode, she tells Shining Armor that she is "just an ordinary wild mustang from Mustangia".

Also, from the new sea pony book -

"The underwater city of Aquastria, ruled by Princess Celestia's sea lion cousin King Leo, appears in the picture book My Little Pony: Under the Sparkling Sea. It is an underwater city populated by seaponies and mermares, as well as other sentient sea creatures; in the book, the main characters visit the kingdom. The seaponies are referred to as "cousins" of the land-based ponies."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:08:36 PM by Callista11 »
Octohug Avatar by the talented Thimble!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »
I think you have covered most of the main G1 things I can think of from the show...what about actually featuring some of the playsets?

On the Adventure Game board and in the comics and books a lot of the playsets feature as actual places - Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe, Pretty Parlour, etc. What about perhaps including them or do they have to be from the show/movies?

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
I think you have covered most of the main G1 things I can think of from the show...what about actually featuring some of the playsets?

On the Adventure Game board and in the comics and books a lot of the playsets feature as actual places - Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe, Pretty Parlour, etc. What about perhaps including them or do they have to be from the show/movies?

That's a good idea!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 01:46:08 AM »
Hmm, we'll take that into consideration.  Does Tales have a name for the town and/or world they live in?

Also, I might have to fill in some spaces to the G4 part which are currently "off the map."  Can anyone think of any canon G4 locations that didn't make it onto the Walmart map?

The Tales ponies live in "Ponyland". And the tropical ponies on the show (that Brighteyes goes to visit in one episode) live on "Tropical Island". ^-^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal