collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Girly Swap 2013  (Read 8643 times)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: Girly Swap 2013
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2013, 02:47:28 PM »
Midnight mocha you have 666 posts :P

Partypony, I talk way too much so no need to worry- it wouldn't last long XD

All the same, this 667th post is dedicated to you :heart: Actually, I talk so much that it is now my 673rd post!

Hehe why thankyou XD
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2013, 03:11:13 PM »
On that less Satanic note, time for my amazing brag about my swap box from :heart: MARIGOLD :heart:!!!!!!!!

I don't even know how to begin talking about this box, but I just have to start anyway. Marigold, you couldn't have possibly done a better job even if you tried, but I can see that you worked so hard on this box and I just...I literally started tearing up when I was opening these, especially the beautiful handmade things. Everything is just so thoughtful. This literally happens every time I get a swap box- even though I know it's always amazing, I never stop being super touched at the thought of someone going through and finding so many perfect things just for me!

So I picked up this box from my mailbox- it's so heavy!

And I squeal! And immediately open it!

And I love cards so I go for that first, and LET ME JUST TELL YOU ABOUT THIS CARD, OKAY. That is a Luna Moth- aside from moths being fantastic critters, it's associated with the moon, which is what my name (Selene) means :heart: I have always adored Luna moths, and I didn't even mention that ANYWHERE, so I think Marigold is psychic. Everyone bow down to your new goddess. There was also gorgeous art inside of my ponysona, but I forgot to snap it in my excitement!

My box was filled with fun glitzy confetti, cuddly pom poms, and pretty pink gems! From that little pile of heaven, I excavated the following. I felt like I just kept finding more and more little presents!!!  :shocked: I've wanted a little egg plant forever, that thing is TOO CUTE!

Honestly, I didn't even know where to start so I just opened whatever was closest. In it, I found this sweet little owl clutch filled with GOODIES! Owl clips, a little fox necklace, and OMG, NEBULA HAIRCLIPS (HOW DID YOU KNOW)!! But I am quite partial to the hairbow with the button with smiling test tubes. Guh, my heart!!!

Next, I encountered another little box, and opened it to find...

How mysterious! Well, that's inviting for a scientist like me! Onward, in the name of discovery! I found a bunch of adorable test tube magnets (also with faces, awww!) and some GORGEOUS science-geek jewelry! Did you make these yourself, Marigold?? There's an awesome DNA helix keyring and a beautiful chemical compound necklace. Now, I tried to draw out and figure out what compound it is. Assuming that the branches are methyl groups, the formula should be something like CH(C6H9CH2)3, but I'm not sure. Either way, it doesn't matter because it looks FANTASTIC and all my geek friends are going to be envious :) I wish I still worked in a lab!

BTW on top of that box, there was an extraordinarily small, gram-sized box, which had THIS! A teeny kitty charm! I love these, they go in my good luck satchel and go with me everywhere!

The next package contained pure amazingness. A sweet little pink fox, and the girliest virus ever!! This is too sweet and I giggled a lot- I think it should be the mascot of this swap and it is SO coming with me to medical school!

Next, I discovered a coin purse with my FAVORITE Sanrio character, Cinnamoroll! And that's not all, inside was an OWL FORM OF MY PONYSONA, MIDNIGHT MOCHA! I can't believe it, you are looking at the world's first unicorn owl!!! So creative and SO beautiful, the constellation is just stunning!!!! You are all very lucky to witness the unveiling of this majestic new species!

Marigold's handmade stuff is just fantastic, and it's STILL not over. She also made me this miniature clay Rarity, my favorite G4 pony!!! Look at the little curl in her hair, too cute!!! I thought I was a decent sculptor but I humbly bow out of the way now ^^

In this gorgeous sheer pink and gold bag, I found a complete, amazing fluorite collection! WOW. I had been thinking about getting more serious about my rock and mineral collecting, and well, I think Marigold took all the work out of it for me now! I can't even go into how amazing all these specimens are, and she even made a list of where they all come from, how special! I have also really wanted a rose quartz point for a while, and now I have one!!! I need to spend more time examining them all later, they're fascinating!

I know you all are waiting for the ponies, but I'm not done showing off everything else yet. Here are the sweets! Gummies and all kinds of yummy things that I love!

But what's this??? Marigold, you beast! Cinnamon, my arch enemy, HOW COULD YOU?

Oh, but she didn't, because she's far too clever and sweet for that- lookie what I found inside! I have had my eye on this Big Mac proto blind bag for SO LONG! Now he's MINE!!!!! And I have wanted to start a terrarium- how special is it that this deer moss sample from a new friend is going to be the one to start it? I love it! You really just...got me so well!!

Okay, Okay, nowwwww we can show the ponies! Look at my new sweeties! Two gorgeous SHS, with their earrings intact!!!!! They're so much more gorgeous in person! And G3 Pretty Parasol! I've wanted her for a very long time :) Twinkleshine and her koala are the sweetest, and now I finally have my very first Tiny Tin- Bumblesweet! These are just lovely!

But it's still not over! Marigold also got me a bunch of pony prototypes! And they're all totally new to me! They're all gorgeous, I now have a prototype army!!! I love them all, thank you so much, I hope you didn't go through too much trouble to get them!

SO I think I win for longest brag, but this box was so worth it. I had to mention everything because I just love it more than I can show. Thank you so much for being an amazing partner, Marigold, you definitely made my whole month and more!
 :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bonus pic of Mocha with her new alter-ego! And modeling the awesome bow :)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:39:13 PM by MidnightMocha »
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2013, 03:33:57 PM »
Wow Marigold really went all out! Congrats!

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2013, 03:37:10 PM »
Fine, Marigold.  Fine.  Outdo us all. ;)

But seriously, wow.... what an amazing box.  I admit I wouldn't get as excited over girly viruses, Luna moths, methyl what-nots, and deer moss, but then again, I'm not MidnightMocha.  I mean, talk about shopping for your partner!  You really did your research!  And then there's the handmade goodness.  You are so multi-talented.  Again, wow.  :blink:

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2013, 03:42:00 PM »
Fine, Marigold.  Fine.  Outdo us all. ;)

But seriously, wow.... what an amazing box.  I admit I wouldn't get as excited over girly viruses, Luna moths, methyl what-nots, and deer moss, but then again, I'm not MidnightMocha.  I mean, talk about shopping for your partner!  You really did your research!  And then there's the handmade goodness.  You are so multi-talented.  Again, wow.  :blink:

She totally is! I mean, this box is just...well, it's ME in a box! It's really touching because as a scientist, I feel like in order to make it in the scientific community which is male-dominated, we have to repress the femininity a little bit to be taken seriously (sad but true), and so seeing this hybrid of stuff just makes me so happy and really reminds me of why I love doing what I do! Marigold using her talents for amazing things :)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2013, 03:57:58 PM »
I can't claim credit for the handmade things. I have a friend who helped me with them. The molecule...do you want to know what it is?  It's totally cool! 

The Luna moth card was from the random swap. You're the first person to receive one from me. I love lunas.

I was able to spoil you with ponies because I already had doubles of most of them. And Ren Ren helped me find a few. :)

The moss was a last minute addition and I wondered if you'd get the irony of the cinnamon box.  I love cinnamon, hee hee.  I was hoping you'd like the moss.  I love the stuff.

Most...actually nearly all of the crystals come from my collection. :) 

We really have lots of the same interests.  I love science.  So this was easy and I went overboard because I had things already that I could add in.

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2013, 04:02:14 PM »
I can't claim credit for the handmade things. I have a friend who helped me with them. The molecule...do you want to know what it is?  It's totally cool! 

The Luna moth card was from the random swap. You're the first person to receive one from me. I love lunas.

I was able to spoil you with ponies because I already had doubles of most of them. And Ren Ren helped me find a few. :)

The moss was a last minute addition and I wondered if you'd get the irony of the cinnamon box.  I love cinnamon, hee hee.  I was hoping you'd like the moss.  I love the stuff.

Most...actually nearly all of the crystals come from my collection. :) 

We really have lots of the same interests.  I love science.  So this was easy and I went overboard because I had things already that I could add in.

That's just awfully sweet of you! I love moss, stones, plants, ALL things nature and green! And I did get the irony, that's why I zero'd in on it- what are you doing here, fiend???

I totally want to know what the molecule is- is it cinnamaldehyde? :P I tried to discern the structure but it eludes me!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2013, 04:10:22 PM »
From wiki:  Crystal violet or Gentian violet (also known as Methyl Violet 10B, hexamethyl pararosaniline chloride, or pyoctanin(e)[2]) is a triarylmethane dye.

They use this to stain cells on slides. I always thought it was cool. 

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2013, 04:13:06 PM »
From wiki:  Crystal violet or Gentian violet (also known as Methyl Violet 10B, hexamethyl pararosaniline chloride, or pyoctanin(e)[2]) is a triarylmethane dye.

They use this to stain cells on slides. I always thought it was cool.

Ah yes, Crystal Violet! I've used it before :) AH it's an arylmethane! That's what I forgot...I was like trimethylhexane?? but that makes so much more sense now! And so much more creative that's it's made with crystally-violet beads- WOW!

For those with no idea what we're on about-if you ever see cell or tissue slides and they look purple, that's because they're stained with this dye to make them easier to see their membranes and such!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2013, 04:23:33 PM »
SeaStar, I forgot to brag about my blind bag. It was translucent Fluttershy! 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2013, 05:31:39 PM »
Wow Marigold! You put together a really awesome box. The handmade virus is VERY CLEVER! Love it! :D  It's the girliest virus I have ever seen.

I got my amazing box from grasshackgirl! I finally was able to open it this evening after I went home this morning and just crashed. This box hits every girly aspect about myself. It's so ME! I cannot wait to share these pictures.

Here is the box itself with a decapitated Pinkie Pie on it. I had to angle it where you don't see our addresses, so sorry for the awkward photo. But you can see how bit the box is with the comparison.

Pics of the inside of the box. Look at all that awesomeness. :D

All the gifts on our coffee table. I really adore the cute little anime-like stickers used on them. Very cool!

Here is a pic of the gift bag with yummy cupcakes on it!

And now time for what's inside all these bags of awesomeness. Pics are posted in the order I opened them.

Look at all these Little Pretties! The green kitty is one of my most wanted. I never expected to get Little Pretties in this swap. I am thrilled!

A cute little Sanrio notepad and this nifty key holder. :D

Princess Sunbeam! I was hoping I'd get at least one of the princess ponies on my list, and here she is! Isn't she so pretty?

And some amazing SHS ponies! The accessories in their hair are so very gorgeous! My set of glittery SHS ponies is now complete. That makes me so happy because it's one of my favorite sets! Glitter is awesome!

Lots of random goodies! Anime themed and Japanese, two things I adore. I am really excited about the Sailor Moon figure! I don't own a lot of Sailor Moon merchandise so any is welcome. Debating on whether to open her or not.
I cannot get the picture to work with me! I dunno how to fix it.

Look at all these Little Pretties! OMG! The baby kitty is so adorable! I am ecstatic to get more of these for my collection. And Daffidazy looks really great with her hair curled like that.

A cute My Melody sticker kit and girly notepads! And the barrettes! I had to take a closeup. They are AMAZING!

And last but certainly not least, this very, very unique 3DS XL case. I couldn't believe it when I opened this. It's one of the most unique items that I've ever seen. I am torn between trying to use it or not. It's a case you can put on your 3DS XL to protect it, but I am more concerned about protecting the case itself. It's an amazing piece of artwork that someone had to spend a LOT of time on. It's gorgeous and I would hate for something to happen to it. It fits my XL PERFECTLY and looks great on it. But I am not sure if I should use it  or not. Regardless, it has a place on my dresser now where I can always look at it because it's so pretty.

Thanks so much again grasshackgirl! I was absolutely enamored with my swapbox! You did an amazing job and hit many of my tastes and likes. :D I can tell you put much thought and time into it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:35:59 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »
I wasn't even a part of this swap but I'm having a blast looking at all of the amazing packages!!!  :dribble:
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »
Congrats Dazzle! It's cool that you got items to fulfill multiple collections AND you have finished you glittery SHS set!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2013, 06:18:55 PM »
Way to go Grassshackgirl...you Dazzled Dazzle! Excellent box.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2013, 06:50:06 PM »
Dazzle that is an amazing box.  Those Little Pretties!   I really like that case too. I want to eat it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal