collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Im having the worst luck with international post...actually putting me off now!  (Read 1831 times)

mylittleponylover92

• Trade Count: (0)
Hey pony people,

I posted a thread a while a go concerning delays to post from the US and Canada to the UK.

However, my 2 Canadian packages sent surface did eventually make an appearance thankfully! But both quite over 45 days!

Alas, my US package (early March also) is still no where to be seen and Ive plucked up the courage to PM the seller about it and ask what the next step is - for me really I'm thinking of a refund since I just feel the longer I wait the less chance it has of coming :(

In relation to this, my Germany parcel is also delayed. However I know theres been postal strikes there so Im hoping that might be why! Since all the other times its never taken over 2 weeks! That one if from early April so theres a little more hope there! Also that one was sent recorded so Ive PM'd the seller asking for it so I can find where it may be! Fingers crossed!

Anyways, just hoping for some advice for what to do with this US order and how I should go about things!

Sorry for the rant its just been a big source of stress for me now and I really wanted those G1s!!  :cry:

So now thinking just asking fellow UK members for ponies since its so much less hassle!! That and its cheaper too!

PS. Sorry mods if this is in the wrong place, but I am sad about purchases from members here that are abroad since they have such lovely ponies!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:22:38 AM by mylittleponylover92 »

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
Poor you :( Theres nothing worse than waiting for pony post, and its just taking forever!!

I would definitely message the seller and let them know what the story is and see what they say. The one consolation I can give you is it seems to be the same for mw too, both outgoing and packages I recieve, packages coming from the US are taking about 3 weeks when before they took a week..a package sent from Canada at Christmas arrived in April, and that was airmail!
I sent a bandana to someone about 2 weeks before my son was born, and hes 5 weeks old now (already!! :lol: ) , it was sent to Australia and still hasn't arrived :( I hope so much it isn't lost and I'm unsure about what to do as the seller..I should probably create my own thread about it but anyway!!

You're not alone :hug:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:44:17 PM by Saoirse »

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
not more bad post!!

I would message the sellers as they are often really willing to help. An option may be a refund, then if it arrives you re-pay the seller - but obv each seller will have their own thoughts.

Sorry things are tough for you and your ponies-to-be -_-

mylittleponylover92

Poor you :( Theres nothing worse than waiting for pony post, and its just taking forever!!

I would definitely message the seller and let them know what the story is and see what they say. The one consolation I can give you is it seems to be the same for mw too, both outgoing and packages I recieve, packages coming from the US are taking about 3 weeks when before they took a week..a package sent from Canada at Christmas arrived in April, and that was airmail!
I sent a bandana to someone about 2 weeks before my son was born, and hes 5 weeks old now (already!! :lol: ) , it was sent to Australia and still hasn't arrived :( I hope so much it isn't lost and I'm unsure about what to do as the seller..I should probably create my own thread about it but anyway!!

You're not alone :hug:

Thanks Saoirse!  :satisfied:

Your advice really helps!  ^.^
WOW thats a longgg time! Maybe I am being a bit impatient but I just dont know what to do! lol  :blush:  :P But that is quite a while!  :shocked:

Aw I hope your items you have sent do arrive! Hopefully you can get some good advice if you post a thread about it! I wish you all the best with it!  ^.^

Aw bless! Thats soooo cute! I really hope he's doing well! I remember you saying how excited you were for his arrival! Glad he's doing good  ^.^  :frolic:

not more bad post!!

I would message the sellers as they are often really willing to help. An option may be a refund, then if it arrives you re-pay the seller - but obv each seller will have their own thoughts.

Sorry things are tough for you and your ponies-to-be -_-

I knowwwww  :cry:

Aw thanks! Im glad you agree with what Ive done! Im just waiting on a response now  :lookround:  :work:
Yeah I think I might ask for that...since if they do arrive then ofc Id be happy to pay her back lol  :)

Ps. dont worry I'll reply to your pm tonight! Just been so busy and then tired!  :lol:  :P
I love reading them though  ^.^

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
I'm having the same bad pony luck too. A parcel from Canada sent at the end of April/beginning of May still hasn't reached me yet, but I'm not worried. Reason? Because a box coming from Canada once took over a month and a half to reach me. I'm also waiting on a US parcel too!  -_-  :cry:

Urgh, hopefully we all get our parcels soon.  -_-
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:25:20 AM by Icecrystalline »

mylittleponylover92

I'm having the same bad pony luck too. A parcel from Canada sent at the end of April/beginning of May still hasn't reached me yet, but I'm not worried. Reason? Because a box coming from Canada once took over a month and a half to reach me. I'm also waiting on a US parcel too!  -_-  :cry:

Urgh, hopefully we all get our parcels soon.  -_-

Well you still have more time to spare than me! I wouldnt be that worried if a parcel from this month had yet to arrive! But mine are from March!!  >_<  -_-
Yes, my 2 canada parcels did arrive but obviously they are sent via a different service than the us!
It is now 60 days since the US parcel was sent  :huh:

Im sure yours will probably make it anyways!  :satisfied:

Sorry if Ive snapped, but its just its been stressing me out and I paid quite a bit for it so yeah kinda hard to not be concerned since I dont have that much money for my herd!  :cry:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Messaging the seller was the right thing to do - you've been patient and waited long enough :bigups: Please let us know how it goes :)
You've had a really bad time with international post lately havent you? its very disappointing and stressful , but I dont think I'd let it put me off completely if I were you. I would give it a bit of time before trying to buy interantionally again though if its making you stressed :hug:  It can be easy to think that international post always goes wrong when you're in the TS forum  quite a bit - espeically if you've had a few things go wrong - but most international transactions are absolutely fine - we just dont read about those so much in here :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
In the last couple of weeks I've shipped to and received from us, Canada, and Europe with no problems, and items arriving quickly on both ends. Yet one parcel I bought from the UK, and got shipped to a UK address got lost in the mail. Maybe it's UK post having troubles? Either way, fingers crossed your items arrive!! Nothing worse than waiting for int'l arrivals, as there is never accurate arrival dates :)

Offline Starfall

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
Grrr, this winds me up considering how much postage has increased in the last few years! Thankfully my international purchases recently have been fine - I've noticed though that those in padded envelopes or post office satchels come MUCH faster than recycled packaging. Might be worth it in future to ask the seller to use official packaging if you're expecting something significant.

Could you perhaps send some to another address - perhaps your workplace  has a PO box?
Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
I don't think that here are any strikes at the moment...but I hope you will get your parcels soon!

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
This makes me wonder what is happening to all these packages... Are they making forts out of the boxes and using the envelopes as projectiles to have fort wars? O.o

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
If you're buying from Canada and get antsy after a couple weeks of waiting, I advise you spring for airmail- surface can take over 45 days to the UK easily, airmail tends to take around a week and a half to two weeks. I sent one parcel "tracked packet" international to the UK. It cost well over $40 for one pony, but I mailed it on a Monday and my recipient in the UK got her pony that Friday.

mylittleponylover92

If you're buying from Canada and get antsy after a couple weeks of waiting, I advise you spring for airmail- surface can take over 45 days to the UK easily, airmail tends to take around a week and a half to two weeks. I sent one parcel "tracked packet" international to the UK. It cost well over $40 for one pony, but I mailed it on a Monday and my recipient in the UK got her pony that Friday.

Can I just say that this was my first experience of buying from Canada? I only got 'antsy' because I had never done it before and was unsure about what was the right amount of time to wait!  :huh:  :blush: One seller did say it could take months which was helpful, however the other didnt inform me - until I asked repeatedly, what method it was actually sent!  :lookround: But its no big deal, I understand how it works now and they arrived no problem! So they arent really what this thread is about, its just context to the main issue here!  :P

Thats good about the tracked packet though, I suppose you get what you pay for!  :satisfied:

This makes me wonder what is happening to all these packages... Are they making forts out of the boxes and using the envelopes as projectiles to have fort wars? O.o

LOL Maniah! That cheered me up  :lol: Thats a good theory! I wouldnt be too surprised  ;)

I don't think that here are any strikes at the moment...but I hope you will get your parcels soon!

Thanks Buffy, Im still waiting on the member to get back to me about it and the tracking! Sigh...I think I'll have to send another PM to press the issue! Thanks again for letting me know  ^.^

Grrr, this winds me up considering how much postage has increased in the last few years! Thankfully my international purchases recently have been fine - I've noticed though that those in padded envelopes or post office satchels come MUCH faster than recycled packaging. Might be worth it in future to ask the seller to use official packaging if you're expecting something significant.

Could you perhaps send some to another address - perhaps your workplace  has a PO box?

I know right?!  :shocked:
Aw thats good for you!  :) ah how interesting!   :P
I'll keep that in mind!

Unfortunately not, Ive only just started a new job (previously just a student who was unemployed) but its volunteering and also since the nature of the people Im dealing with (customers/clients) I wouldnt feel comfortable as Im new and the people who aren't staff who come in and out are ex-convicts or very poor etc. so Id rather not tempt anything!
But good idea though!  :satisfied:

In the last couple of weeks I've shipped to and received from us, Canada, and Europe with no problems, and items arriving quickly on both ends. Yet one parcel I bought from the UK, and got shipped to a UK address got lost in the mail. Maybe it's UK post having troubles? Either way, fingers crossed your items arrive!! Nothing worse than waiting for int'l arrivals, as there is never accurate arrival dates :)

Maybe it is our end! Who knows? I wish I could at least find out where on earth this package is! I mean has it even left the US? Or has it been sat in the UK for weeks? Or in-between? Theres soo many questions!  :blink:  :(
Aw Im glad youre having no problems, Im so jealous of you all that arent!  :P  :lol:

Thank you though  :)

Messaging the seller was the right thing to do - you've been patient and waited long enough :bigups: Please let us know how it goes :)
You've had a really bad time with international post lately havent you? its very disappointing and stressful , but I dont think I'd let it put me off completely if I were you. I would give it a bit of time before trying to buy interantionally again though if its making you stressed :hug:  It can be easy to think that international post always goes wrong when you're in the TS forum  quite a bit - espeically if you've had a few things go wrong - but most international transactions are absolutely fine - we just dont read about those so much in here :awake:

Thanks Ringlets!
I have  :cry: Yeah I know what you mean though, it just breaks my heart since the US has soooo much beautiful pony stuff and where I live (just my area in general) theres basically nothing!  :( So its my only way of collecting certain things now so Im sure I will try again, at least from Canada anyways! Since I know I seem to get them from there even if it takes a while - the time doesnt matter - as long as it actually arrives in the end! The ponies make it better!  :P

Yeah I understand and I know theres plenty that would go fine!  :satisfied: I guess Im just really frustrated! I wish I was like everyone else  :P  :blush:

Also, a lot of people just keeps playing it down - I have a tight budget and ponies are often the only things that make me happy nowadays. I dont have much money and so when I do buy...its a big deal for me! I live alone and struggle with things often and they just help get me through and cos I dont have a lot of money, it seems like a lot I could lose if they dont turn up! So its easy for someone else to say its no big deal...when its not your money or circumstances that will be affected and when they can afford to spend more than me on their collectons!  :huh:

Im not getting at you though Ringlets, youve been really helpful and i really appreciate it!  ^.^

I just think I needed to say that as Ive felt some people just dont get how I feel or my situation!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
The US Seller is me - everyone.

And I'm working on this - I plan on fully refunding mylittleponylover92 - but I did put out a BOLO at my local post office for anything coming back damaged or from overseas. I was hoping that I could get until the end of the "mail week" (Friday - not Saturday) to see if anything will come of this. Since I live in a town of less than 400 people, sometimes I lose faith in our local post office, so I've also alerted the next largest city post office (as I sometimes mail from there).

This is the only package I've had in over 3 years that's been lost.  :huh: Super frustrating as I package all my items with brightly colored tape, big bold writing, etc etc etc - all to help it "stand out" and not get lost, but I suppose if someone drops something off a truck, it doesn't matter what it looks like.

Either way, just wanted to alert the community we've got communication going through PMs and it will be resolved! :)
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Oh, I meant no insult, my apologies, obviously my tone did not come across correctly. I wasn't intending to scold you in any way, just add some info about our system. Of course being a buyer you won't be an expert or know ahead of time about how other countries postal systems work or how long the various services take. Also, our PO employees (and the estimates on the site itself) tends to understate how long things take to arrive surface when you ask them! So I figured I'd include a couple timelines as many of my recent buyers were from the UK, and didn't want you missing out on fantastic ponies you spot for sale if you're worried about them becoming lost, or taking 45+ days to arrive. :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:13:08 PM by FantasticFirefly »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal