collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First time attending - what to expect?  (Read 5664 times)

Offline TattooedMLP_Rat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
Re: First time attending - what to expect?
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2013, 03:44:19 AM »
I'm coming from IL too!  I didn't know there were so many of us from IL!!!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2013, 12:51:24 AM »
I'm just posting again to say... every time I start reading the thread about the pony fair I get really nervous again...

I'm not participating in anything at the fair or staying at the hotel or... anything. I'm just going to buy ponies and meet people...

ACK I feel like I'll basically be with my fiance the whole time just... doing nothing. Meh I'm scared.  :huh:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2013, 12:55:36 AM »
Um, expect pure AWESOMENESS, plain and simple! I haven't been to the Fair since Memphis but it's always a blast.

Post Merge: April 12, 2013, 12:56:53 AM

I'm just posting again to say... every time I start reading the thread about the pony fair I get really nervous again...

I'm not participating in anything at the fair or staying at the hotel or... anything. I'm just going to buy ponies and meet people...

ACK I feel like I'll basically be with my fiance the whole time just... doing nothing. Meh I'm scared.  :huh:

Don't be scared, you dork.
Go out! Go to the things! That's half the experience! People are very friendly IRL. It's not weird. Even if they call you your pony name. lol. True story: I answer to "dragonfly" in real life.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2013, 11:07:14 PM »
Ok, because I see so many IL ponies attending the fair...here's a shameless plug to a Southern IL meet Whiskerz85, Rhini, and myself are hosting:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327704.0.html

Hehe.  Anyway, I agree...the fair is SO much fun.  You'll love it.  I definitely second the opinions everyone has given.  I came with a rough list of the ponies I needed.  If you have Summer's G1 Inventory Guide, that'd be a huge help to bring!  For the most part, everyone was very nice and sweet and willing to help you.  I'm not big on haggling either - I usually just deal with the price given lol...If I'm making multiple purchases at a booth, though, I will muster up the courage to ask, "Would you take $x for these five ponies?" - and usually knock a dollar or two off for a bundle. :)  You'll have a blast!  My husband said, "HOw are you expecting to spend two days in here?  I can't see this taking more than a couple hours."  --- Then by the end of Sunday, I had proven him very wrong, muhahahaha.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal