collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Translucent Pinkie Pie  (Read 9521 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Translucent Pinkie Pie
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »
I really don't want to be too negative here, but honestly...why can't Hasbro do the quality of a sparkle pinky pie like they did in the sparkle ponies from the 80's or the G3 ones? Its like they are trying to cut corners here by just putting this on the outside of a pony. Playwear will surely destroy this very quickly. I am disappointed in this line. I just don't understand why the quality isn't there.  Is it money for them? Are they cutting back to save money? I wish I could be positive, but if that glitter is on the outside only and just glued on..blaaaaaa sorry...I am happy for those of you that are impressed.  I just wish we could get quality back in our toys.  For kids the glitter is going to get on their fingers and then they will put their hands on their eyes and it will get in their eyes.  Not really a good idea for a kids toy.  When I was teaching they wouldn't even let us use glitter with the kids because of the danger for age 5 and under.  Not so much eating it, but the eyes can be seriously scratched.  I super love glittery things and would have adored this had it been in the plastic.  Lets hope they do that.  Sorry don't be offended by my post...its just my opinion and I am totally pleased for all those that want this. I want higher quality toys to be produced.  The price paid doesn't reflect the quality in my opinion ... with G4.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:21:18 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 09:15:11 PM »
I really don't think it is any cheaper to put the glitter on the outside but it might have something to do with it being cloudier than the old sparkle ponies. Maybe the person who came up with these was one of those people who thinks it looks odd if you can see the mane roots and tail plug. Or maybe they tried to make the plastic glittery but felt it wasn't shiny enough so added more on the outside. Whatever it was I think it was more a design reason (if it is a good one is up for debate) and not just Hasbro trying to be cheap.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 10:04:35 PM »
I'm sure if they do decide to put glitter on the outside, the pony will be sealed in some way... Otherwise, as several people have mentioned, it would be a serious hazard. Toy companies are much too careful with that sort of thing these days. One kid with glitter in his/her eye and they'd have to recall the whole line!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2012, 10:23:42 PM »
it could also be that it is just the prototype to see how it looks.  Surely at the very least the glitter will go on the symbol on the finished product.  Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll put the glitter inside the finished product.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2012, 11:05:39 PM »
it could also be that it is just the prototype to see how it looks.  Surely at the very least the glitter will go on the symbol on the finished product.  Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll put the glitter inside the finished product.

Did you get it xeevee? Should I just PM you links if I find them? ;)
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2012, 11:17:50 PM »
I kind of doubt it unfortunately =/ that's the way the blind bags are made, the glitter goes around their symbols and eyes.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2012, 11:41:28 PM »

Did you get it xeevee? Should I just PM you links if I find them? ;)

Nah, I can never decide if I want to buy things like this when they're just going to show in shops.  But yeah, links would be awesome!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:46:25 PM by xeevee »

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2012, 11:43:20 PM »
Heh! that's kind of neat actually. I'd make christmas tree ornaments from them X__X
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

xXCosmicBurstXx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2012, 10:44:23 AM »
This looks like a larger version of the Pinkie Pie blind bag. I don't mind the glitter being outside the pony. The spots around her eye and cutie mark are really noticeable. It's really distracting. I'm worried about the quality of this line. Some ponies may appear in stores with large spots without glitter.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »
I wonder if all these translucent glittery ones come in a set together.

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2012, 05:50:40 PM »
The good news about the glitter is that it's not on the eyes/cutie mark, so it should be easier to remove without damaging the paint.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »
Oh Hasbro... this has become the theme of your company... Cool idea, terrible execution...

"We'll finally release a boy mold.... with fuzzy troll hair!"
"We'll make a fan favorite character from the show... but just paint her shades over the regular eye depressions!"
"We'll make transparent glittery ponies... but only put glitter on the outside!"

Truer words never spoken.

As recently as G3 they made ponies with glitter in the plastic and now it's just smeared around the outside, where it gives the pony a weird texture and is going to flake off during play.   That's just not a good idea for a kid's toy.  Plus it looks really odd that she has glitter everywhere except a ring around her cutie mark and a ring around her eye.   Kind of makes it look like she has a black eye or something.

And I've got to say . . . if Hasbro can slather glitter-glue ALL OVER a pony's body, why can't they slap a symbol (oops, "cutie mark") on both sides of the ponies? :what:  Obviously their machinery has "access" to both sides of the pony, and all that glue and glitter is surely more expensive than a tiny little bit of paint to make a second cutie mark.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

xoVanille

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2012, 10:30:04 AM »
If these are Crystal Empire ponies, I'm in serious trouble. I already walk past the pony aisle at least twice a day at work! D: I will buy them all, no doubt.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
I do love Pinkie but that glitter looks like it would get everywhere.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Binny

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2012, 01:25:03 AM »
She looks pretty! Although judging by the lack of glitter around the eyes and cutie mark, I'm guessing it's surface. I was really hoping it would be inside the plastic, but still cool!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal