collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Undeliverable as Addressed"? Possible underage eBay user  (Read 2401 times)

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
"Undeliverable as Addressed"? Possible underage eBay user
« on: June 27, 2012, 04:45:24 PM »
I sent my item to an eBay buyer via USPS First Class and everything was fine until after it was out for delivery. The message "Undeliverable as Addressed" appears. I printed the shipping  label off eBay.  Has anyone had the same problem before?

EDIT: I feel saddened to say this :sad: but it did not take long to find out I may be selling to an underage user.  My guess is that the addresse's name provoked the package to be returned.  Does that sound logical?  Next steps?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:27:41 PM by mshesha »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What could cause an item to be "Undeliverable as Addressed"?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 04:56:15 PM »
Was this shipped to a PO Box by chance?

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
Re: What could cause an item to be "Undeliverable as Addressed"?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 05:13:34 PM »
No, it was a home address. I checked it on google. If the package is returned to me, How should I issue a refund and still be protected?

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: "Undeliverable as Addressed"? Possible underage eBay user
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 07:56:03 PM »
No, it was a home address. I checked it on google. If the package is returned to me, How should I issue a refund and still be protected?

I wouldn't issue a refund. I would just wait it out and see if the buyer says anything.

If you refund, you will be out of the shipping you paid and the ebay fees. Think about this before you issue a refund.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 08:52:24 PM »
it could be the postie put it in the wrong letter box? I used to work as a postie so it happens by mistake from time to time... normally the person who recieves it just returns it to sender or reposts it hoping it will get to the right address

It could also be that the buyer has the wrong address on paypal.. like they might have moved but not updated there paypal account... I have also done this before

Furthermore as a buyer I have had to chase up parcels, some have been returned to the buyer for no reason whatsoever, some where because of incorrect postage, some cause they where sent to the wrong address.
As a seller I have them returned to me cause they confused the sender and buyer... now I make a point of writing TO: in massive letters

I wont worry or assume anything but I would message the buyer to let them know as its properly a genuine mistake

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 06:53:28 AM »
Sometimes the address gets damaged when shipping, which can result in the undeliverabe as addressed error. This happened to me with a box that went to california. I had bought a gift for a friend. The seller had to correct the address and re-ship it. If it does come back with the address damaged, you might see if the post office will waive fees to reship it. I try to mask over all addresses with clear tape on anything I send out to help avoid this issue.

Good luck!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
I doubt the buyer being a minor is an issue, I bought things on eBay as a teen. The only way it would cause a problem is if the package needed to be signed for by an aduult and the adult either was not home or refused to sign. I would be slightly wary of a chargeback down the road if the minor used PayPal without permission though. Make sure you save all your correspondence just in case.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal