collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So, uh, what exactly is an ATC card?  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: So, uh, what exactly is an ATC card?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 05:39:58 AM »
(Shameless advertising but I've recently put up a forum for all kinds of mail artists, so anyone interested in discussing ATCs, decos, altered books and such are welcome to join. :) I know it's mainly decos as the name suggests but it'd be great to get some ATC people there, too. Link in my sig - Deco Swappers.)

Flickr is also good for ATC trades, there are a lot of ATC groups there. Some of the groups might arrange organized swaps but I guess most of them are meant for showing off your art so that you can find people interested in private trades.

Lol, I applied to Illustrated ATCs once and didn't get in because I linked my whole DA gallery instead of sending a few pics. I don't think it was said anywhere that you were only allowed to link a certain number of pics (seven or so, I don't remember)... I only got to know this when they e-mailed to inform me that my application was turned down. :'D I could've applied again after six months or so but I never did, I do my trades on Flickr, DA and here. But they sure do have some fantastic art on Illustrated ATCs, I sometimes go there just to look at the beautiful artwork.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline AmberMarie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I have a lovely bunch of coconuts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »
LOL Griffin. That cracks me up that they turned you down. You just never know what will be a little thing to get that response, eh?

That's one of my favorite things out there- there are tons of groups and tons of artists that are willing to trade. There is no one way to do it.

The work is amazing and fantastic. Blows my mind so many times. :)
Wow! I have been gone for years. Getting back into the swing of things!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
TAF LOVER! PM me if you have any ponies covered in stuff. :D
Trade List
Want List
Dig my art? Follow on Facebook!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »
Oh, hreat! I bought watercolour paper a little while ago. I guess I'll start on some soon! I'd also love to join an atc swap at some point!

rayechu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 07:50:34 PM »
I personally find using the precut ones work bet for me, but I work with watercolors and I like the feel of the thicker paper. I just try to purchase them when there is a sale!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal