collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How can I improve?  (Read 3666 times)

Arkillian

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How can I improve?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 03:07:28 AM »
And I'm going to agree with arkillian, if something's just not working... ditch it.  Sometimes a drawing turns out fantastically, other times it bombs.  Don't torture yourself over a doodle that's not working out.

That reminds me of an old art teacher who used to say "98% of everything you're going to do will be crap". She meant it's just to try, try again. To most pics that I show here I usually have a couple of unfinished sketches that just didn't work. :)

98% is a bit much XD With practice and knowledge of composition and stuff that goes down. Maybe 98% isn't perfect art is a better thing to say. Doing outstanding art is not so common. The good news is that every 98 pictures you WILL draw an awesome one. Me and my friends say that it's like drawing out the clutter forcing it's way to the front of the mind. Once that's all gone then life is SWEET and art flows :)

Offline sirithfin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 03:23:19 AM »
98% is a bit much XD With practice and knowledge of composition and stuff that goes down. Maybe 98% isn't perfect art is a better thing to say. Doing outstanding art is not so common. The good news is that every 98 pictures you WILL draw an awesome one. Me and my friends say that it's like drawing out the clutter forcing it's way to the front of the mind. Once that's all gone then life is SWEET and art flows :)

Maybe a bit much, yeah. X) But on the other hand it can be a good thing to hear sometimes, when you feel like you're kinda awesome, actually, when in reality you've only just started to learn. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Dizziness for the sig!
.: | My Arts | :.  -  .: | My Wants | :.

Arkillian

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 03:26:34 AM »
I'm still learning and I love that :) I'd hate to be perfect at art and to never get better at it. I enjoy pushing my art further and seeing what I can do with it. That's why I'm keen about pony mods. It's new, and I want to see how good I can get at it. Start something new. Learn new techniques and stuff :D It's great fun for me ^^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal