Pony Talk > Off Topic

My evening of Doggy Drama.

(1/2) > >>

MissSleepless:
X posted from my tumblr, but oh my gosh. This evening was an adventure. xD

I intended to come home and post about how KitKat Chunkys now come in Peanut Butter again (my faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavourite) and/or about how my Nan gave me these cute little espresso cups with Poppies on them…
But no. Far more interesting.

I went to open the door to our porch and a big…thing…leapt over the fence. It then politely waited for me to open the porch before stepping in himself and waiting for me to open the main door.

It was a rather large, excitable Staffie cross.

So…after a call to the police who took his details but couldn’t do anything, me and my brother wandered our surrounding areas for a few hours…no sign of anyone looking…
So when we get back I called the out of hours warden to come pick him up (My mum is disabled and my dad is athsmatic so we couldn’t keep him) they agree to come get him in a few hours. Cue me being slightly relived as he’d be put up for adoption after 7 days and not…the other thing. But still feeling kinda sucky at calling the warden on him…

Dad decided to take him out and see if he’d sort of…work his way home. He didn’t.

It’s while this is going on I get a phonecall from the police station. Telling me there’s a very upset woman looking for her dog, and she thinks we’ve found him.

Aaaaand we had.

Turns out his name was Ace (oddly fitting) and he leapt a 6 ft fence…you know…for giggles. And I am so glad this woman found him, because they rescued him in the first place when he was about 2 years old.
So yeah, my doggy drama for the evening. Can't stop smiling that he's gone home and not to a Shelter. :D

kittybethy:
That great news!

So happy that the doggie found his way home!

kaoskat:
Awwwwww! I'm so glad he's home safe and sound. And I'm glad he wandered into your yard instead of into the yard of someone who would hurt him.

ZennaBug:
What an evening!  And how wonderful that he got to go home instead of spending a night in a shelter  :heart:  I think it's sweet that the police made the connection between your phone call and the owners and helped get Ace home  :)

fingerpaints:
That is fantastic news :D so glad he got reunited with his owner :) I know how stressfull it can be when a pet goes missing, it's like losing a family member (sometimes worse lol) I am so happy for both dog and owner!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version