TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

New ebay seller questions

<< < (2/2)

Sea_Breeze:
Eskara is right. I just got back into selling on eBay and its SO frustrating. The withheld funds are a JOKE. Honestly I would try here & the trading post a little bit more to drum up sales. Ebay at a last resort

gazzy90:
Thank you for all the replies and advice guys.

20% on fees is a lot!
I don't understand why people even bother selling items for 1 or 2 dollars, how do they ever make a profit?

And I've heard about a lot of people being disappointed and fed up with ebay...and it sucks that they hold on to your money for so long!

I guess I'll try on here for a while longer and then maybe try ebay...or maybe not?  :P
Ive always managed to sell my greeks on here, even if I had to wait months. And it's such a nice and friendly community, I always feel safe when selling to someone here.

banditpony:
There are a lot of things on ebay that suck, but it's not completely awful if you know what you are doing.

I personally like that ebay holds fees for newer sellers, especially if they are selling harder to find items. Why? Because it ends up being safer. I don't like holding fees for 21 days, but I do like holding fees until 3 days after item is confirmed to be delivered... OH and I DON'T think they should hold shipping, I think that's... horrible. ( x_x; thats my personal opinion though).

If you list your item AUCTION style, then it's 9% of your total.
If you list your item BIN then its 11% (if its a pony) for up to initial $50, then 6% afterwards to up to $1,000.

PAYPAL fees are 2.9%+30cents

I don't think that adds up to 20%, but I'm not good with math...... that why I use some tools that are available online for estimating if its worth it to list something on ebay X3

Here is a ebay fee calculator : http://www.rolbe.com/ebay.htm

Here is a page with the fees : http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html , the highest fee charged is 13% and it depends in what category. There are often insertion fees too, but they have 50 auctions free every month.

I had a discussion of what my fiance thought of "high" fees, since he sells vintage camera equipment on ebay. ^^; We both came to an agreement that even with high fees, there is a lot of exposure you can get on ebay to sell items as compared to a specialized forum.

gazzy90:
Thanx a lot banditpony, that's a lot of useful info!

I'll definitely check out the pages you mention when I decide to sell on ebay.
I'm quite scared though  :lookround:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version