collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Minty: What's The Word???  (Read 10220 times)

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
Re: G4 Minty: What's The Word???
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 08:14:23 AM »
I would be more than sad if we'd never get her...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 08:27:14 AM »
I'm kind of hoping she and Sweetie Blue will round out the line with confirmed Diamond Rose and Cherry Pie. Wave 4 had six non-mane characters and those two aren't part of the main suitcase line. Would they just do two?

Yup, they are just doing two new ones for the next wave, unfortunately :\ wave 6 has already been posted on Hasbro's website. It's just Cherry Pie, Diamond rose, and 4 of the mane 6. Here's hoping for wave 7, though!!

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 08:47:05 AM »
She is definitely real.  I managed to snag one from ebay for $64 last year.  She is really cute!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 08:54:55 AM »
I think Sweetie Blue may be a bonus pony since she has tinsel in her hair and is in the standing pose. though. In SoSilver's thread in the old MLPArena (here: http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=284125.html), he said that Hasbro was thinking:
"Minty: she showed me the Special pack with RD and Skywishes and probably Minty will be an extra pony too, but it's not written in stone yet. Also, probably Skywishes will be a Euro exclusive"
I really hope Minty will be a single pony, I would feel horrible if she came as a bonus pony on yet another expensive set.

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 10:28:05 AM »
I have been stalking G4 Minty for months, and here is everything I know and have heard (I like making lists  :P ):

1. 9 Mintys (or was it 11??) were found for sale on Taobao (Chinese site sort of like ebay).
2. Buyer #1 grabs 2 of them.
3. Buyer #2 buys the other 7.
4. Buyer #2 makes ridiculous money on selling them all on Ebay, ranging from about 60 to maybe 160 dollars each.
5. Someone talked to a Hasbro worker who said that Hasbro was planning on making a G4 Minty.
6. Someone talked to a Hasbro rep who said that Minty was a "seasonal pony" and there is no plan to redistribute (hopefully not the case :huh: )
7. SoSilver visited and talked to Hasbro Italy, and was told (after asking about Minty) that there were no plans to release her, but if they did it would likely be as a special edition/bonus pony.
8. Buyer #2 sells her last Minty, and it gets snagged for 153 bucks.
9. Somebody had buyers remorse and resold a Minty.

So I think its likely Hasbro has Mintys hanging around in storage somewhere. I bet they were originally intending her to be a Christmas pony, but they still have like 5 billion spring Fluttershys left, so maybe that is why they discontinued the seasonal ponies.

So, to make a long story short, there is no official evidence that she is going to be released yet. :(

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that she is very real and has the right hoof stamps and numbers and whatnot on her.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 12:08:18 PM »
I am sure she ll turn up....its reasonably apparent most of the time on Taobao what is a "prototype" [I dont really like that description] and what is a genuine pony....she is too close to her G4 forebear to be a prototype or a test run or a factory employee having some fun [I hope]....we all continue to live in expectation!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 01:14:33 PM »
I can't wait for her to show up. I guess it's not this wave, but there's hope for next! There's no way I'm paying eBay prices for her, no matter how much I love Minty. I haven't seen here on there lately either, though.
Also I'm with StarDragon. I hope she's not an expensive bonus pony(or foreign exclusive x___x) that people try to sell for $40 a pop.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

majikarte

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »
BrightIdea, that's a lovely photo... I really hope she does get an actual release, even if it's an international exclusive, but I'd much rather be able to pick her up as a single around here. She has such a great design.

Monsterelli

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 01:43:44 PM »
I really, really want Minty, she is so adorable so I hope she is released. I agree, I hope that she is a single and not an exclusive or playset pony.

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 02:04:34 PM »
Please oh PLEASE Hasbro don't release our Minty as an international exclusive!!! We've waited so long already and to have her be just a measly bonus pony is more than I could take! :yikes:

Offline Clementine

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 03:20:29 PM »
They have to release her! I hope it's not as a bonus pony though. But any kind of release it better than none!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 03:37:22 PM »
I think she will most likely be a bonus pony. A lot of the bonus ponies have had g3 infleunces.
Rainbow Flash, Starswirl, Sky Wishes and Daisy Dreams kind of looking like Daisy Jo.
I frankly doubt that Minty was ever intended to be a holiday pony. Most of the current kids don't know about the Minty christmas special and just like the spring fluttershy and valentine Pinkie Pie i think Hasbro would rather pick another of the main characters.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »
I really hope Minty will show up in stores somewhere, anywhere soon. Ideally, I'd like her to show up in the US because she wouldn't cost so much overall, but that probably won't happen. She's my favorite G3 so I wanted her even before she showed up on Taobao. I'd also love Sweetie Blue. She was on Taobao around the same time Minty was, but we haven't seen her since. I really hope those two weren't just prototypes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal