TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Ebay transaction, non pony, opinion

<< < (2/3) > >>

hodgemo2:

--- Quote from: Eskara1862 on January 17, 2012, 01:16:56 PM ---That is a tough one. Personally, i'd leave a neutral and mark them 1 on the stars for communication and shipping. You did get the item, bust still haven't had any communication.

--- End quote ---

That's a good point.  I forgot about the star system.   :blush:

--- Quote from: rybett on January 17, 2012, 12:04:47 PM ---The last time I left neutral, the seller retaliated with negative.  I went neutral because while the cookies did arrive, the packing stunk so a lot of them were broken.  But still yummy.  Just a thought. 

--- End quote ---

Since this is ebay, the seller wouldn't be able to leave me a negative or neutral.  Thank goodness for that! 

And if they leave a false positive (ie. marked positive but saying 'horrible buyer, do not sell to'), I could get ebay to remove it. 

hathorcat:
I am so hesitant to give negatives merely because you did get the item but you should be completely honest on their DSRs - significantly marking down on this [which would simply be you being honest] can cause more problems for a seller than a single negative among hundreds of positives. All you were asking for was a response...

Ringlets:
What rubbish selling practise! you had to open a case before they bothered to ship your item, and still didnt communicate with you ?! :throw:  :yikes: 
 well since you did get the item and its ok, then I wouldnt give a negative, but I would go with the neutral and lowered star rating on the shipping and communication, and leave an appropriate comment in the feedback explaining that while the item was fine, there was no communication and the shipping was slow.. or words to that effect :awake:  I dont think you can mention opening a claim in your feedback comments now.. but will check on that.

hodgemo2:
Thanks everyone.  My angry knee jerk response was that I wanted to give a negative, but I didn't really think it was appropriate, I was leaning towards neutral (since I DID get the item), but I always feel bad leaving anything but a positive. 

@Ringlets, if you could let me know about mentioning a claim in the feedback, that would be awesome!   :thumb:

MintySocks:
I agree with all previous statements about leaving positive feedback and then dinging them with the detailed seller ratings (DSR's), because that can cause a seller to lose their "top rated seller" status, among other things that eBay store owners pride themselves on. There's one more step you can take, which is to email the seller and let them know what kind of feedback you're planning to leave, and let them know that for a partial refund you'd be willing to change your mind and say that they dealt with you fairly, like if they refund your shipping cost. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version