collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 37120 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1620 on: April 20, 2024, 06:09:22 AM »
Artie  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Time stops for nobody. You'll still miss him xxx
BC hope your mood & your mother's mood both improve. Dealing with people is hard when you & they have so much going on xxx
Frostbite glad birb is well, though I understand their reaction to "pokey-proddy-smelly-folk" aka vets (some of the stuff they use has a distinct scent).

Anyway, I got a surprise prezzie!!! From somebody whose bd was quite recent!!! So in between craft meetup, which is good, & noisy coffee, which I was a bit late for, I've been making stuff for this person!!! TAX
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: April 20, 2024, 09:34:09 AM »
ooooh I spot a Cinderwing rose dragon!  my husband also makes those :) 
and some sharks! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1622 on: April 20, 2024, 06:36:45 PM »
Those articulated sharks are neat! I've been wanting to get a regular dragon like that.

Today I slept most of the day.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 21, 2024, 02:08:31 PM »
Hehe she was SO CROSS it was hysterical! I was worried she wasn't very cuddly and didn't want to come near me over the week I've been off, but I think I've figured out what's wrong; she was scared of something on my desk! I've removed it and today she flew onto my head twice and came down to mess around with my papers/have lots of cuddles so we're getting back to normal!

Slept quite a bit, done some big chores like changing the bed and taking the bins out for collection. I still have more rubbish to go out and signs to put on bins that have the wrong stuff in them to get emptied and 'reset' (I'm kinda the 'bin police' for my block). I'm trying to look for hotels for a concert in Dublin, I'm only away three days but OMG THE PRICES?!??!?!? WHY SO EXPENSIVE!??????????

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 21, 2024, 04:11:51 PM »
Ponybookworm, they are cute and great! But what is that pink, some dragon thing? :wow:

--

:shy: Hello everyone again.. I was away from the forum again for several days, but now I'm back and at my own laptop. At Easter, I went home again with my spouse. We were supposed to stay for a shorter time, but because of my cat Ozzy, we stayed longer. I also have a laptop at home, but it is so slow and we had left this faster laptop at my spouse's apartment, so I couldn't come here to the forum to visit on that slow machine. Now we have been at my spouse's apartment again for a few days.

The irritated skin on Ozzy's tail is already better and on Sunday morning my mother took off Ozzy's collar. :) On Wednesday, Ozzy has an appointment with the vet and blood tests will be taken. I hope everything is fine and it was "just" stress.
:zzz:

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1625 on: April 21, 2024, 05:04:07 PM »
Glad to hear Ozzy is doing better :) And to see you here again :hug:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 22, 2024, 02:11:14 AM »
The stuff I received (the sharks & rose dragon with egg) is 3D printed. The stuff I'm sending is crocheted. He can't crochet, I don't have a 3D printer (I'd love one but the price & the room!!!)
Cheers for the compliments folks!!!
HOM so glad moggie is recovering!!!
Frostbite proud of you for getting the chores done!!!

Put the stuff I had to shift back in the bathroom. Continued amigurumi as there were a few things I REALLY wanted to make!!! (I've made two of each & the second found its way into the box for my pal - he's in Germany so postage will be a pain). I REALLY need to do chores... & shower...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1627 on: April 22, 2024, 08:22:51 AM »
I too need to do chores. My kitchen is a mess after I cleaned out my fridge. So much wasted food :mad: I had like three cartons of sour cream. I've got a bunch of garbage bags to go out now, but my neighbor hasn't been around. I hate keeping it inside but I've no choice. I need to water the plants and continue cleaning the tank, I've got brown algae I need to scrub off with a toothbrush. Still need to do laundry too. Ugh. Too much.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1628 on: April 22, 2024, 01:04:22 PM »
@BC, thanks for the kind words. Also love the sharks! I love how people can create these handicraft items that look so real. The hammer head shark is amazing.

@Lady Frostbite I love you for being the bin police. What a good deed to do for your neighbours!

I took the baby to the woodland play group today. It's a lot to navigate for her since it's not just a room like the old playgroup and there are a lot of older kids crashing about too. But she's doing really well.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1629 on: April 23, 2024, 07:13:55 AM »
I might go visit my mom. Depends on how well the OTC pain relivers do today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: April 23, 2024, 11:35:19 AM »
STILL not done chores yet!!! Putting it off...
Artie cheers so much!!! And glad she enjoyed playgroup. Woodland one... sounds like fun!!!
BC I hope you see your mother, & the neighbour xxx

Well I made it to coffee, just, then got a few small bits from the Co-op. AND I got the parcel posted off!!! So excited!!! Was a bit of a pain filling all the Customs details, but we got there, hence I went in to a Post Office. I heard we're getting a new one, which is good; we need our own!!!
Apart from one little thing I felt an urge to make, I'm back on the hats & scarves bigtime. The scarves have been progressing two or four rows at a time, but the hats have lain dormant while I crocheted all the stuff for the parcel.
I HAVE to do chores, then I HAVE to do baking...

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 23, 2024, 05:41:55 PM »
Glad to hear Ozzy is doing better :) And to see you here again :hug:
HOM so glad moggie is recovering!!!

:hug: :heart:

I haven't been able to sleep because I've been thinking about Ozzy's upcoming vet visit. :huh: :sleepy: My mother will take him there and immediately let me know what the blood tests reveal. There is also another very strange thing that needs to be clarified, but I will only write about it after I have heard about it myself first.  :unsure:

--
On Tuesday, I shoveled snow from the yards and also cleaned it out from the bird feeding places so that the ground was exposed. I had to do a lot of other things too, but because of my back pain I couldn't. My back was irritated from that chore again.  >_<

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: Yesterday at 01:11:52 PM »
Last Wednesday of the month means monthly fun time for women, & there are always snacks!!! Since it was after my bd, they had a choccy cake for me!!! Just like my 40th, my 50th is an extended bd. A few of us, me included, got doggy bags home so I have some more snacks. Mine included the last of the cake (plenty of us had a piece each). We had another story, with a few associated treats. Not a big one like Passover, but still good.
Back home & more hast work, & catch-up on Youtube. Jurrassic World: Dominion is on Netflix so watched that last night

HOM you rest yourself to let your back recover!!! And hope things go well at the vets xxx

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1633 on: Yesterday at 03:52:06 PM »
HoM, I hope the vet visit goes well. Rest your back :hug:

I've been sick with my stomach for two days. As time goes on this happens more frequently. Because I have gastroparesis, it can bring on a lot of other conditions. I don't currently have a gastroenterologist but I think I'll ask for a referral for one next time I see my PCP.

Anyway, I've been sleeping most of the day. I'm about to record a game for my channel. I tried to live stream, but I couldn't get it to work. YouTube tells you to copy and paste a stream key into the recording software, which is OBS, but I don't see anywhere in the program to paste the key :huh:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: Yesterday at 05:16:51 PM »
Ozzy's vet visit went well. :) The results of the blood tests, the vet will call tomorrow.
He now has very scaly skin/fur so a medicine was prescribed for that (can't remember the name now). It might be caused by some food or the collar holding, because of which the cat couldn't clean itself. (My mother and I did try to clean Ozzy's fur with wet cotton pads and paper towels every day, and we also brushed once a week. We cleaned his butt area and tail more often, as well as his face.) The tail's skin has completely healed!  :whew:

The thing I didn't write about earlier was related to Ozzy's nipples. I hid the text because it might disgust/shock someone. :wonder:
Spoiler
Some of them (at least the first four) were blackened and cocooned inside the skin!  :crazy: I noticed their strangeness by accident when I touched the cat's stomach. When I examined one of them more closely, it started coming out and came off! It was like a mouse poop!  :shocked: The vet looked at the nipples and found that the black stuff was just dirt and some of the nipples had turned inwards, so she thought they were ok.  :rolleyes: :unsure: I don't know.. If human nipples are like that, it's not a good thing at all, but it's a cat and it's probably a completely different thing with them.

About an hour ago, my mother sent me a message and a video. Ozzy has been making a strange noise. I listened to the sounds in the video and the cat sounded really strange. :| I wrote back to my mother that that's not Ozzy. What kind of creature did you get back from the vet?!  :lol: In addition to the normal vocalization of a cat, there is something like the low muddy mumbling of a creature from outer space.  :nuts: :blink: This is completely new behavior for that cat. I wonder, even though it's been several hours since the vet visit, if the sedatives could still have an effect on its head? He eats, drinks and goes to the litter box normally. Of course, it has now slept more than usual.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal