collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pat Pend vs Non Pat Pend? & Stamped vs Airbrush eyes? Dwarf Italians?  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Pat Pend vs Non Pat Pend? & Stamped vs Airbrush eyes? Dwarf Italians?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 01:48:30 AM »
I've been dreaming about flipping pat pend and non pat pend ponies because of this thing I've started :silly: I had a Windy (very baity) made in China with no pat pend but marked Hong Kong :P Gotta love dreams...

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 08:19:05 AM »
This is interesting... I have a pat pending and a non pat pending Italy Trickles...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 11:52:00 AM »
bare in mind that some of the set one flutters got a re-release with the second set, so you will get a mix of hoof marks. i checked both my morning glory and she is made in china with a pat pend stamp :)
Right now I have two Wingsongs, both naturally stamped 1987 and China, but the one that came to me from Germany has had the pat pend stamp removed. I've observed the same phenomenon with Wind Drifter but have not seen any re-release flutters. Considering the time of release they could could be anything really.

you may be better asking in the corral about the flutters as i believe there a "fat head" vs. "thin head" versions too, there may be a correlation between that and the hoof marks :)
At least the fat head vs. thin head thing does not correlate with the year, as stated in this thread. It might be simply due to different factories using different molds.

if your wingsong came from germany and has the pat pend missing it would suggest that she was made later :)

i do find myself getting a little iffy about a ponies "home" or "place of sale" sometimes :blush: this is beause we know ponies do travel and even more so now with the likes of ebay and people buying, selling and trading and such all over the place. You can't quite be sure of a ponies true "home" now unless it was a childhood owner.

:) that is good to know about the fat head vs. thin head and that year of production is not involved.

This is interesting... I have a pat pending and a non pat pending Italy Trickles...

the italian ponies were exported all over europe :) 

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 12:34:32 AM »
if your wingsong came from germany and has the pat pend missing it would suggest that she was made later :)

i do find myself getting a little iffy about a ponies "home" or "place of sale" sometimes :blush: this is beause we know ponies do travel and even more so now with the likes of ebay and people buying, selling and trading and such all over the place. You can't quite be sure of a ponies true "home" now unless it was a childhood owner.

Yep, so true. Besides, if we accept the fact that the German release of everything was generally behind the rest of the world, it might be that the patent was already granted when the second set of flutters hit the shelves in Germany and the lack of the stamp would no longer be due to the place of sale. /wild speculation

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 03:06:42 AM »
i took all my italian cotton candys for a group picture and thats what it turned out - very different colors and very different body shapes :D yes, they are all italians!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 04:31:42 AM »
They're lovely Zora! I love the really pink one on the left!

Post Merge: April 28, 2013, 09:16:27 AM

I'm like a dog with a bone with this topic; started this topic in the corral if anyone can help? :) x
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:16:27 AM by Sarah-Bee »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal