collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Welcome to Big Apple Ponycon, March 23-24, 2013!  (Read 3641 times)

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
Welcome to Big Apple Ponycon, March 23-24, 2013!
« on: February 01, 2013, 08:39:53 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hi everyone!

Bee here!
I would like to announce the creation of a new My Little Pony convention in the ever amazing New York City!

The name of this convention?

BIG APPLE PONYCON!

March 23rd and 24th, 2013, at the New York Marriot, at the Brooklyn Bridge.

I want to point out that this is a convention for fans of ALL FOUR GENERATIONS. A place for fans of every generation, every age ( this is a FAMILY FRIENDLY CONVENTION ), to be able to come together, have fun, talk pony, meet new friends, see old ones, share, sell, draw, sculpt, listen to fantastic music, meet your favorite voice actors, a bit of this, a bit of that. It promises to be a blast!

A word from our founder, Kar Red Roses!
"I founded the convention in autumn 2012 after Bronycon ( the con I'd worked for since it it began ) made the decision to move out of NY state. I felt that NYC deserved to have its own pony con so I started one!

I'm hoping to combine all my favorite elements of the backyard meets, the Fairs, the city meet ups  and the Cons into one grand event. "

-------

Current contests and event being held:

~Convention book cover contest. ANY style of pony is accepted.
~A Custom Pony Competition!
~BAP Mascot Art Contest!
~Costume Parade & Contest ( aka COSPLAY! )
~Coltella Music Festival!
~Autographs and special guests!
  • Tara Strong
  • Alicorn Radio
  • Andy Price
  • Katie Cook - ( Andy and Katie are the masterminds behind the new My Little Pony comic books! )
  • Bronies for Good
  • The Brony Show
  • Bronystate
  • Brony Thank You Fund
  • Bronytime
  • Bronyville
  • Celestia Radio
  • Jesse Nowack
  • Joe Strike
  • Ponyville Live
  • Rina-chan
  • Stephnie Buscema
  • The Travleing Pony Museum
  • Unanimous Delivers
  • and our very own, SUMMER HAYES!

We also have a growing extensive list of amazing vendors and artists in our Marketplace! From pony customizers to artists, crafters to merchants, you name it, you can probably buy it! Don't forget, several of our artists in the Marketplace may be taking on site commission orders, so don't forget to bring examples of your pony personas to have some of us create some fabulous original artwork for you!

News Flash ( 2/3/2013 )

Enter-Play will be celebrating the release of Series II of the MLP Trading Cards in Brooklyn that same weekend, and offering one free special promotional card exclusive to everyone presenting a Big Apple Ponycon Badge ( limit one card per badge ):

The press release: http://thedailyoat.com/2013/01/11/enterplay-to-release-wave-2-of-trading-cards/

------------------------------

REGISTRATION INFO:
Standard registration for both days: $65
Saturday only: $40
Sunday only: $35

So, fans of every generation, join us for two days of AWESOME! If you have any questions, please feel free to reply here, email us at [email protected], or tweet us at @BigApplePonycon. We also have a Facebook account, which you can also check out for the latest updates or just meet other attendees and staff members!

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:08:15 PM by Bee-chan »

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Big Apple Ponycon, March 23-24, 2013!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »
Me,my mom, and baby brother are going to this! It's going to be my second Pony convention (first was January Bronycon in '11!), and hopefully I'll be going to Bronycon in Baltimore this Summer too.

I'm excited, even if I'm only going on Saturday, I was born in Brooklyn and lived there my whole life until just recently, so it'll be nice getting to go back home for a convention!

:3c I'm pretty darn excited I'll get to have some good Pizza after such a long time too. Yay for NYC Pizza!

Bee-chan

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:26:17 PM »
Me,my mom, and baby brother are going to this! It's going to be my second Pony convention (first was January Bronycon in '11!), and hopefully I'll be going to Bronycon in Baltimore this Summer too.

I'm excited, even if I'm only going on Saturday, I was born in Brooklyn and lived there my whole life until just recently, so it'll be nice getting to go back home for a convention!

:3c I'm pretty darn excited I'll get to have some good Pizza after such a long time too. Yay for NYC Pizza!

It's going to be a blast! And yes on the whole NYC pizza thing. We may have kicking pizza here in northern New Jersey, since we're so close to NYC, but it's still not the same. I really think it IS because of the water in the city. X3

A bit of a side note:

We're looking for more G1 to G3 pony artists and pony customizers to pop in and represent. Kar Red Roses and I will be there with our own works, but we'd love to see many more of our fellow Arena and TP old schoolers! Joooooin us, dahlinks!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 09:01:04 AM »
Sounds amazing! Hope you guys have a fantastic time. Wish I wasnt an ocean away :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
Man I wish I lived closer and could go to this. It looks like alot of fun!!!!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 10:05:31 AM »
Sadly I believe we have Girl Scout events booked for that weekend.  Otherwise I might see if Clonecommander would like to show off her G3 and G1 customs.  Hopefully everyone shall have some fun, though it does look rather heavy on the brony for the guest list.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 10:08:04 AM »
Ahhh, I want to go to this but I don't know if I'll have the cash. Looks fun though!

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:32:05 AM »
This looks like fun but I am nowhere near and have no way to get there.

Bee-chan

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 10:52:19 AM »
Sadly I believe we have Girl Scout events booked for that weekend.  Otherwise I might see if Clonecommander would like to show off her G3 and G1 customs.  Hopefully everyone shall have some fun, though it does look rather heavy on the brony for the guest list.

Admittedly, it is, though we have been trying to find ways to get in contact Bonnie Zacherle ( the original creator of My Little Pony ) to invite her.

By chance, does anyone know of a way to contact her?

If anyone can think of other people outside of Friendship is Magic that would make excellent guests, speak up, and I can pass the word on to Kar and Purple.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 10:55:34 AM »

Admittedly, it is, though we have been trying to find ways to get in contact Bonnie Zacherle ( the original creator of My Little Pony ) to invite her.

By chance, does anyone know of a way to contact her?

If anyone can think of other people outside of Friendship is Magic that would make excellent guests, speak up, and I can pass the word on to Kar and Purple.

Russi Taylor and Nancy Cartwright are voice actresses from My Little Pony and Friends! Brad Swaile, Venus Terzo, Willow Johnson and Kelly Sheridan did voices in Tales.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 10:59:33 AM »
YAY! I think I can actually go to this one, since I live on Long Island!!!

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
I would love to go represent for my G1 work but money is an issue. I need more than a 2 month notice unfortunately:( Sounds like a blast though, maybe next year:)

Bee-chan

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 12:40:44 PM »
I would love to go represent for my G1 work but money is an issue. I need more than a 2 month notice unfortunately:( Sounds like a blast though, maybe next year:)
Poo! Wysteria, that would be awesome to see you there! ;~;

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 07:53:35 PM »
You should all try to come if you're in the area! Its going to befun :-)
~Foxtale~

Offline KarRedRoses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Gallery and Scraps
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 12:52:01 PM »
Thanks Foxtale and Bee-Chan!

I'm excited to be able to promote this convention as a family friendly, all generations friendly convention for ALL fans of MLP.

I also want to invite everyone to follow me on twitter (KarRedRoses) an the convention too (BigApplePonycon) for updates on the goings-on. We're working toward a huge web update in the next few days that will include panel information as well as contest details and early registration forms, plus more celebrity guest additions and some music downloads of pony fan music.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal