collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal fees?  (Read 742 times)

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
Paypal fees?
« on: October 27, 2012, 09:29:11 AM »
Hi, I have some questions, about paypal fees.  :lookround:

I recently sent a payment to a person from another forum but the person is located in japan.

I already have brought some packages from this person before, but earlier when I was sending the payments it automatically added the transfer fees and the convertion to yen  fees.

But in this last time it didn't said anything in the paypal form about fees,  and I didn't noticed until the person wrote me that paypal charged him the fees.

I'm not sure what happened, did paypal changed some policies lately?

Maybe is because I'm using a credit card? but I always have used one, since paypal don't allow bank accounts linked from the members in my country.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:33:19 AM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal fees?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 11:44:47 AM »
You would have to send it as a gift so that the other person doesn't get charged. You would then pay the fee
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 12:08:16 PM »
I think when international payments are made with a credit card, the seller pays the Paypal fees. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 12:45:23 PM »
You would have to send it as a gift so that the other person doesn't get charged. You would then pay the fee

At my country's paypal payment page, we don't have the "gift" option  :( , it only has three that are :

Goods
Services/other
eBay items

I think when international payments are made with a credit card, the seller pays the Paypal fees. 

Thank you for the information, so I will have to find out how mush is the rate of the fees and add it to the total before sending the payment.

I wish they could say it in the paypal page  :( when it tells you you are paying to someone from a different country.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 01:54:27 PM »

At my country's paypal payment page, we don't have the "gift" option  :( , it only has three that are :

Goods
Services/other
eBay items

Thank you for the information, so I will have to find out how mush is the rate of the fees and add it to the total before sending the payment.

I wish they could say it in the paypal page  :( when it tells you you are paying to someone from a different country.

Well, it's more so the sellers responsibility to understand that fees are taken out when someone pays by credit card... not yours. Fees are for the seller, not buyer. It happens with domestic payments as well. In fact, sellers are *not* supposed to ask for fees at all.

US > other countries fees are 30c + 3.9%. But you need to look through paypal's webpage for your own country for that information. For those in the US here is the breakdown : https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 01:20:10 PM »

The buyer can still cover the fees. When you are entering all the deletes like paypal addy etc you have to boxes below saying 'online purchases' 'personal payments'. You have to click any option on personal payments to cover the fees, once you go to confirm payment paypal will tell you how much the fee is.. you then have to confirm payment again before the money is sent : ) If I don't trust the seller and they ask I pay the fees I just find out how much the fees are by doing the above (I dont pay it thou) then go back and add the extra on to the total amount but send it as a online transaction so I am still covered

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal