collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Research pindot mold and cancer  (Read 806 times)

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
Research pindot mold and cancer
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:21:43 AM »
Hi all!

I rehaired a pony and noticed she has pindot. So I looked through my collection and noticed 6 other ponies had it to. Now I can't remember if they already had it or that it has spread over time.
I read a topic on the old arena of someone who did research on pindot. Created it herself and compared with pindot and looked under the microscoop.
Is she still active cause I want to donate some ponies to her.
The weird thing is that 3 of the ponies are lemondrops Hong kpng versions and the pther ponies are also hong kong. So it made me think is it only on the hong kong ponies?
My other ponies are all clear from pindot.
So if someone knows her on here on has a mail adres llease let me know!
I want and need to know if it is indeed mold or just dirt ^.^

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Research pindot mold and cancer
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 03:25:29 AM »
Oh no MD your poor ponies! I'm sure someone has helpful ideas to remove it though so you don't have to get rid of your girls. :(
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Moondancer115

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 04:27:47 AM »
Oh no MD your poor ponies! I'm sure someone has helpful ideas to remove it though so you don't have to get rid of your girls. :(

Yeah I am a bit sad right now. I really hope my rare lemondrops will not get it othrwise I will be devestated  :cry:

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 04:42:00 AM »
You can get rid of pindot, it just takes a lot of work!  I had a pony arrive with pindot once, so I ran her under hot water and then scrubbed with a toothbrush (and my fingernails!) until it was all gone.  It hasn't come back, although the pony has more visible pores in the plastic than usual.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondancer115

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 10:10:57 AM »
Thank you for your advice ^.^
I am nkw trying buy it ks going really slow and I have no patience at all :p
I have a bit given up  :blush:
There are so many who have it and some have it all over.
But what I really want to know is, is it spreading or is it just dirt? I really want to know.
Pfff my.poor ponies they are now in a bag instead of displayed along the other ponies.

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »

It was BlackCurtains that was doing the experiments, and yes, she is still an active member.

Pindot is just dirt.  I found the thread on the archived arena:
http://mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=259561.html

Here are a couple links to the threads she posted about cancer as well:
http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=248479.html

http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=251070.html

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Moondancer115

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 10:33:22 AM »
Oh I really hope it is cause at the moment I am scared to put them whit the rest :(. cause I am scared my piggy and greek ponies will get it.
Is she alsl called blackcurtains on.this forum?

Thanks alot for the links!!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 03:47:57 PM »
Yes as breyer says its really just dirt - you are best to try your hardest to remove it - which is possible with determination [there is an easy tutorial in the sticky at the top of the Corral] - as when removed it can leave little depressions in the plastic which may get bigger if the dirt is allowed to build up further.

I always think a better description of pindot is "in grained dirt" as plain and simple as that :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 03:55:03 PM »
some ponies are more prone to cancer and certain types of mold, the mold can be stopped from spreading to your other ponies if you leave them for about 20 minutes in boiling water with a bit of bleach (just be really careful with ponies that fade or yellow easily)

I know, pindot is horrible and very contagious, heck I have more than two ponies who would be minty if they didn't catch mold :<

The pindot is removable after hours and hours of cleaning though, it's the brown spots what you really have to watch out for :)

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Moondancer115

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 03:58:53 PM »
Yes as breyer says its really just dirt - you are best to try your hardest to remove it - which is possible with determination [there is an easy tutorial in the sticky at the top of the Corral] - as when removed it can leave little depressions in the plastic which may get bigger if the dirt is allowed to build up further.

I always think a better description of pindot is "in grained dirt" as plain and simple as that :)

Thank you so much. I am so relieved it is not really mold and will not spread to my other ponies. I was so worried my expensive and rare ponies would get it, but now I know I can savely put them back without it spreading!
I tried cleaning it but it is so hard! I don't think I can remove all of it and it are like 10 ponies! :huh:

EDIT:

This is really confusing me. Why are we all over the place with this. Some say it is just dirt and that it not spreads. And other people say it is very contagious. I am so confused!

But thanks.all for the feedback all of you ^.^
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 04:01:52 PM by Moondancer115 »

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 04:34:33 PM »
Wow, twenty minutes? I would have guessed maybe a minute to kill most common mold.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »
I am confused too. I hear different things here! (?)

And i feel a bit sad that one of my ponies, i gave you as gift, had pindot :( if it is contagious, like some say, i hate myself. I thought it didn't harm as my pindot ones never 'infected' other ponies. If it did with yours, i'm like the worst friend you ever had :(

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »
Different people, different opinions unfortunately :). Personally, I dont believe it is mold and I have never seen proof that ponies have caught any kind of contagious mold. However, I stand to be corrected of course if anyone has a different experience - thats the joy of collecting we are always learning. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 06:41:06 PM »
Just to be safe, I generally keep any ponies that have been affected by rust, mold, pindot, etc away from those who haven't. However I've had one G1 with pretty decent pindot very close to a literally brand new super minty G1 that I opened (the two have been together since she was opened), and there have been no signs of it spreading.

Moondancer115

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 01:05:29 AM »
Hokus your not the worst friend ever! Don't take this on yourself. And most likely yours didn't even spead it sweetie. The other ponies who have it I had for much longer and where even standing on a other planck above it. So hun really don't hate yourself you are my best friend ever!!!! :lovey:

About the part if it spreads. I know placed a pony with pindot in a plastic bag wifh one who doesn't have it so I am really curious what is going to happen!!! :)

I work on a laboratory so probably I am going to take a piece with me to see it ujser a microscope.

And really.hokus you are a good friend don't blame this on yourself. You dis nothing wrong.
Love you!!! :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal