collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Official Monster High Thread  (Read 85971 times)

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Official Monster High Thread
« Reply #990 on: July 14, 2012, 10:24:43 PM »
Display Question

I've been thinking about getting some MH dolls, but the main issue is that my pet rabbit lives in my room with me. And she sheds. Like crazy. Two days after I dust, it's back again, and it gets everywhere. For my special collection items, I have to cram them into a tiny display case that I have. (I only have two ponies in there...the rest are gathering stupid loads of dust on my dresser e_e my poor Fizzy...) I DON'T want these dolls to get messed up if I do get any...can someone recommend a good size case for these dolls? When I collected beanie babies, they had specific plastic rectangular cases that were made for them to be displayed in. Can anyone recommend anything that MH dolls would fit in? I want to have them on stands in cases. I don't have enough $ to get a free-standing case - I loked at Ikea, and they have one for 64$ but...my room is also carpeted, and I don't know where to put it. I can't have anything wooden because the rabbit chews. On. Everything. (sigh -_-) How can I protect Mh-sized dolls?

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 14, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 14, 2012, 10:32:50 PM »
Excellent!! Thank you so much!!

edit: looks like they are sold out of the bigger ones  :huh:

Actually I have no idea of the actual size of MH doll, as Amazon tells me in the product description "9 x 2.8 x 13 inches " I am guessing that is inc. the box??  :huh:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:40:49 PM by Heliodor »

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 14, 2012, 10:37:20 PM »
Hmmmm, the skinny Barbie ones are available.

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 14, 2012, 10:41:37 PM »
Haha sorry I was looking @ Amazon page for the dimensions and I think it's telling me standard box dimensions, which size would you recommend for MH?  :lookround:

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 14, 2012, 10:58:15 PM »
Does anyone here need the Werecat Twins? My store has some in as of close tonight so I could run by and grab a pack if anyone wants.

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #996 on: July 14, 2012, 10:59:36 PM »
Haha sorry I was looking @ Amazon page for the dimensions and I think it's telling me standard box dimensions, which size would you recommend for MH?  :lookround:

2.75 x 1.75 x 10.5" are my approximates. The 2.75" I took for the width is the widest point when the dolls arms are at her sides. 1.75" is the depth of the head.

Rococo

« Reply #997 on: July 14, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »
Does anyone here need the Werecat Twins? My store has some in as of close tonight so I could run by and grab a pack if anyone wants.

It's so hard to find a decent run of the twins, at least for me. I haven't yet seen one in person where they both have even acceptable paint jobs. x_X

Offline Mintymints

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 15, 2012, 01:36:30 AM »
Love the new kitty :D She looks like Mewtwo   :blink:

Is Toralei still being released? I need her in my life *whines*

I hope "Cat-Tastrophe" is Toralei  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 15, 2012, 03:09:27 AM »

She looks stunning like this. I do NOT like her original hair but with a bit of hot water and patience she looks gorgeous :lovey: So tempted to get her now...

So, is that all the reveals then?

:cry: What about Wydowna? :cry:

No news yet unfortunately.

:(

Total femme fatale.

*swoons* I need this doll, she is awesome!!! So beautiful. I would so change her name to Sparkler!
But, I kind of wish she had been a werewolf. But I guess there are four of each not including Caterina so maybe the next release will be a werewolf to kinda even things out?

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1000 on: July 15, 2012, 03:48:18 AM »
Display Question

I've been thinking about getting some MH dolls, but the main issue is that my pet rabbit lives in my room with me. And she sheds. Like crazy. Two days after I dust, it's back again, and it gets everywhere. For my special collection items, I have to cram them into a tiny display case that I have. (I only have two ponies in there...the rest are gathering stupid loads of dust on my dresser e_e my poor Fizzy...) I DON'T want these dolls to get messed up if I do get any...can someone recommend a good size case for these dolls? When I collected beanie babies, they had specific plastic rectangular cases that were made for them to be displayed in. Can anyone recommend anything that MH dolls would fit in? I want to have them on stands in cases. I don't have enough $ to get a free-standing case - I loked at Ikea, and they have one for 64$ but...my room is also carpeted, and I don't know where to put it. I can't have anything wooden because the rabbit chews. On. Everything. (sigh -_-) How can I protect Mh-sized dolls?

I have buns too and i know how it can be with there fur.. ( everywhere!! LOL)  also you have to protect the dolls from beng bunny chew toys and
  like you said anything wood LOL
  that said ,  i baracade everything i don't want them to chew on when they are out. I use  those grid shelf  displays and zip tie them around stuff  to make walls the bunnies can't get through to chew. you might buy a  display and then try barricading  the buns from chewing the furniture.

another thought is just to keep maybe one  or 2  dolls out of box and keep the rest MIB. I keep  most of my dolls MIB  just  because it is easier to clean dust  and animal hair off boxes than  dolls ;) plus i like how they look MIB. I  just have a few deboxed to play with.

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 15, 2012, 04:33:28 AM »
Did they release new pics of Jinafire Long and Skellita Calaveras?
I don't believe so.

Offline eristell_neko

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 15, 2012, 06:25:06 AM »

It's so hard to find a decent run of the twins, at least for me. I haven't yet seen one in person where they both have even acceptable paint jobs. x_X

I am REALLY picky with my dolls, so I know how you feel. I managed to find a set with AMAZING paint jobs for myself a while back. No rubs. No spots, Eyes where they're supposed to be. ^^ And from what I understand fromt he last person I got dolls for she was happy with her set too.

Offline SkitLeDee

• Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 15, 2012, 07:40:51 AM »
Did they release new pics of Jinafire Long and Skellita Calaveras?
I don't believe so.
Yes,I think they did at the panel.Not a physical look at the dolls but the promo pics and some stuff that inspired them at the very least,so they have been announced.
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Tagi

« Reply #1004 on: July 15, 2012, 07:43:29 AM »
Anyone who's heading around the toy stores mind picking me up the new cams? No can get cams in my country. I need the vamp/gargoyle set, ghost and puma.

I haven't bought any new MH in a bit, and have some loose change at the moment. Totally don't want to put anyone out though <3

As for the new girl, she's lovely and all but we already have four cats including the cam (five with that lab...thing.) So would have loved a new monster type instead but eh. Can't please everyone. And she is stunning, I read on somewhere someone said they thought she used Toralei's head mold.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal