collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So, I used Buyfromtaobao...  (Read 1310 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
So, I used Buyfromtaobao...
« on: July 04, 2012, 09:42:18 AM »
This is what I get for being impulsive... I wonder if anyone has more experience here than me. I placed an order on May 30, and the order detail is still stuck at "Paid Deposit." What's more, when I click the item I ordered, it now links to the page for a different item.

I have about ten days to open a dispute for the item, so I'm wondering if I should do that and try to get my item elsewhere, or what? Contact the seller? Has anybody used this before? :(

[moving over to TS for you ~ good luck ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:06:32 PM by hathorcat »
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: So, I used Buyfromtaobao...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 09:59:41 AM »
Sorry. I'd love to help but I use taobaonow.com.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 10:03:13 AM »
Oh dear. I'm sorry, I don't know anything about buyfromtaobao.com. It sounds a bit dodgy to me though if they can't keep your order updated. Have you been able to get in touch with the seller? I always use yoybuy.com when I'm using taobao.

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 10:29:37 AM »
Same thing happened to me.  I didn't even bother arguing, I just told them to refund my money.  Sorry I can't help in any other way.  :(

Gogobinsin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 10:30:20 AM »
I've never bought from taobao before but personally if I were you I would contact the seller, if after a few days you get no reply or not a satisfactory answer then I'd open a dispute. You say you've still got time to open a dispute but after that you aren't going to be able to get your money back if the order has messed up. If you get your money back I'm sure you can find the item again and go through a different agent if that's what you wish. Best of luck :)

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »
Yeah, I'll contact the seller and see if I can get a response. :) At the very least I'll get my money back and I can put it toward the item elsewhere.

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »
Oh no! I hope you can get a refund!

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »
unlikely you'll get a sellers response. Same thing happened to a real life friend of mine very recently with BuyFromTaoBao, it's been about 30 days with no response, so she had to contact Paypal for a refund. Use TaobaoNow or Taobao Spree. I've used Taobao Spree and they're great, and Hathorcat vouches for Taobao now. Sorry this happened to you :\ better luck on your next order!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 11:31:37 AM »
Hmm. I doubt by this point I'll be able to find the item I ordered (fashion style :muffin: Pony Hooves) on either, and I haven't the first clue how to go about looking for them. Blarg. :(

The seller I bought from has almost all positive feedback, so hopefully it's just a mistake. Even if so, it is probably too late to get the item from there, anyway.

Offline MoonShadow

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 12:42:38 PM »
I used  Buyfromtaoboa and received my Ditzy Doo last week!

This being said, it was a long drawn out process.  I placed my order when the first batch of Ditzy Doos appeared several months ago. Buyfromtaoboa let me pay even though the item was sold out.  I was waitlisted, but not informed until I asked.  Apparently they had over a 100 orders. 

After inquiring, I was given the option of a refund or continuing to wait.  Since I had less than $10 invested, I chose option two.

About three weeks ago, they contacted me to let me know a MIB version was available with my name on it.  I honestly had already written them off.  I paid shipping, and 1.5 weeks later, I have my pony!

Based on my experience, I recommend them.  Yes,  Buyfromtaoboa has communication issues, but they followed through in the end.  It’s hard to beat a $30 (including shipping) pre-release MIB Ditzy Doo.

Hope this helps!
Shadow
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:51:57 PM by MoonShadow »

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 12:57:34 PM »
I had an experience much like Moonshadow's with BuyFromTaoBao. If you're looking for a :muffin: Pony, they have been absolutely inundated with requests for this item. I had been hoping to put a group order in a while ago, and I had to email their support address a few times to get more information on what was going on or, eventually, to have the status of my order moved ahead.

A lot of people have been accusatory, saying that BuyFromTaoBao intentionally scams people. In my experience, this certainly isn't the case! I believe that the software setup on their end might be a little hard to follow and they're having a hard time keeping track of the orders they've been getting. I suspect that they are not used to the volume they've been experiencing in the past few months.

In short: Email them! They will tell you what's going on, and a refund via PayPal is always an option if your item doesn't become available. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal