collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 88206 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 11 & 12 pg 93!! 12 Days Left!
« Reply #1470 on: September 15, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »
Remember there is round 3 starting:) its a nice way of keeping track and a place to let out all your emotions:) this is an awesome support system:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 11 & 12 pg 93!! 12 Days Left!
« Reply #1471 on: September 15, 2012, 02:37:01 PM »
Yeesh  Three months DID fly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: September 15, 2012, 03:29:54 PM »
Summer was WAY WAY WAY harder than I expected with my wild kids. I did get a bike and and got in to see a new doctor and new meds, so although I don't have a lot to show for the past 3 months, I feel pretty well on my way to a new life because of the goals I made here and support I had. Also, watching other people achieve their goals helped too. I am really positive that this next three months (holidays included) are going to find me achieving more visible/tangible results :) (And I am in the next round :)

Thank you SUrfStar!!! I hope soon you get all the good kharma coming your way for all you've done for us :)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: September 15, 2012, 05:41:02 PM »
I second that last, Salli!!

As for me, I GAINED weight.  :sigh:

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: September 15, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »
Blimmn' heck! The end already!!

As for me, I GAINED weight.  :sigh:

Aww cubby!  :hug:  I didn't gain, but I didn't really lose much either - but hey, we've all learned lots about ourselves, and that can only be good as keep at it!

Well... the last day saw my funnest work out.... I went to a sword club this morning (hee hee) and got a few tips on how to swing a blade - freakin' awesome!  I learned some cool, interesting stuff, though my arm and shoulder aren't thanking me right now!  :lol:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: September 16, 2012, 12:12:38 AM »
*hugs hyenacub*  I think you did really well to check in here most days.  At least you are thinking about making changes, and we all know they often don't happen overnight. I hope you are joing the new thread so we can follow your progress :hug:

Marlin, what a cool way to work out!  I bet it was so fun that you didn't even realize you WERE working out either. 

I have just added up my points.
 My weeks went like this:

1 = 13.5
2 = 14.5
3 = 12
4 = 13.5
5 = 12
6 = 14.5
7 = 14
8 = 11.5
9 = 10
10=12.5
11=11
12=12.5

Making a grand total of 162.5 :)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1476 on: September 16, 2012, 08:27:40 AM »
I gained what i loss:( but heres to round 3:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #1477 on: September 16, 2012, 09:43:33 AM »
Your Username: nessa16
Your  :accomplished: GOALS with PLAN worked in:

-Drink more water
     *limit pop to no more than one a day, usually with lunch and replace with water
-Eat better breakfasts
     *include fruit-juice or fresh
     *limit breakfast meats to once per week
     *limit sugary cereals to no more than 3 times a week and opt for healthier options
     *add variety-oatmeal, cereal, fruit, etc.
-Eat better lunches and dinners
     *add vegetables
     *eat more whole grains
     *try more no meat options
     *try new, healthy recipes
-limit sweets and junk food
     *no more than 1 candy or 2 cookies, etc. a day
     *replace with fruit, low fat frozen fruit bars, smoothies, etc.

-maintain my current weight, tone, strengthen and stretch
-exercise more often (at least 5 days a week) :frolic:
     *utilize a variety of activities-walking, jogging, horseback riding, heavy gardening, heavy cleaning, stretching, yoga, physical therapy exercises
-use my pain relieving physical therapy techniques
-schedule in activities
-spend less time in front of the computer :work: , and other sitting activities
-develop a better sleeping schedule :zzz:
     *go to bed at  10 and get up at 6
     *use relaxation :relaxed: techniques (warm bath, etc.) to get ready for sleep

I have to say I think I expected more out of myself than I should have with this long list.  However, I think I employed most of these goals at least some of the time over the last 3 months.  I would like to continue to try and do better.  I have to say I have been able to limit breakfast meats and drink more water and pop only once a day for the most part.  I have been spending lots of time in front of the computer still though.  My sleep schedule was going pretty well...not the one listed above but one I was comfortable with until I started school.  Now I am juggling work and school with little play and it is starting to take its toll on me.  I have not really done the exercising I wanted to do but have planned to start using my colleges Wellness Center for the first time on Monday right after class.  I even bought new exercise shoes to help motivate me.  I have gained about 5 pounds but I think that is okay considering I was borderline underweight/normal weight before I started this and I have been eating a little bit more in sweets on some days than I would like.  Overall, I think this was a good idea to get me thinking about healthier living but would definitely say this even (especially since it is continuing) should have its own sub-forum.  It was very hard to keep up with the thread.

As for points I was a bout 50% on keeping up on average and end this round with 106 points.  Oh Oh and I almost forgot, thanks to this round and planting my own garden this summer, I think one of my greatest accomplishments has been eating more vegetables.  I am enjoying them more than fruit, and I have started trying new things including onions, and tomatoes.  This I am very proud of as I was always picky with vegetables before.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:45:21 AM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 16, 2012, 02:11:57 PM »
I'll have my points tallied up tomorrow, they are on my parents computer and I've since moved! Since the start of this I've lost 15lbs :o which is more than I expected to lose.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1479 on: September 16, 2012, 06:51:11 PM »
Done already?!  :blink:

1 = 10
2 = 11
3 = 12
4 = 10
5 = 9
6 = 13
7 = 12
8 = 10
9 = 10
10=13
11=14
12=14

*TOTAL: 138

I actually gained weight over the course of the summer, since I couldn't do anything for exercise at all besides stretch.  But in the last few weeks since my diagnosis with Celiac's and finally getting a chance to start doing yoga, I'm down 2 pounds!  My hips are healing well, so I'm pleased overall.  I have higher goals for the next round and then if we do another one after that, then that's when I will be really kicking my own butt into gear once I'm cleared to exercise for real.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #1480 on: September 16, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »
Whew! I think that everyone did great. I think that for most of us things ended up being way more hectic than we had originally thought that they would be.

However, this is. Today is officially the last points day for Healthy Habits for Ponies. You're welcome to post your points... however really I'd just like to see everyone answer this for me:

Last Challenge

As this is the last challenge, to mark the end of HH4P, please take a minute to look back over the last 13 weeks and pick 3 things that you feel you did and 3 things that you think you still need to improve on.

Please PM me your address if you haven't done so already. I will be putting together the final newsletter and sending some PM's throughout the week.

As of right now my hope is to have everything shipped by the last week in September or the 1st week in October.

I hope that everyone enjoyed themselves at least a little bit *hugs* I think you've all been just wonderful!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!
« Reply #1481 on: September 16, 2012, 09:37:45 PM »
Thank you so much for hosting!  :)

*Last Challenge*

I feel like I have done really well with my exercise, within the limits set by my surgeon.  It was frustrating to be able to do little to nothing for most of the challenge, but I stuck with what I was allowed.  Now that I can do more, I have been really good about actually making my yoga classes, even if I'm sore or tired.  I also have done well adjusting to the new diet.  It will still take some getting used to, but I am proud of myself for sticking with it.  And I think I did well avoiding soda, I ordered a water instead at almost ever dinner out and drank lots at home.

I still need to work on portion control, I tend to skip some meals for convenience and then eat a ginormous meal later to make up for it.  Calorie-wise, it's probably no biggie.  But it can't be that healthy.  I would like to continue to work on my fitness within limits (still under restrictions till January, BAH!) and improve my flexibility and balance.  And I really need to work on not being so negative.  Even though I'm finally able to make some improvements and I'm sure my weight gain would have been worse if I hadn't been working to keep it down, it's so frustrating to not fit into my usual jeans and slacks.  I even have some little stretch marks.  I am trying very hard to take that in stride and just keep working to reverse the damage that a summer sitting on my butt caused.  *sigh*

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline silverskimmer

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 16, 2012, 09:43:25 PM »
Okay lets do this!

1) I think I've improved my eating habits even if only a bit
2)I've been able to stand up for myself and hang out with people more
3)some days I've had more energy then I used to :)

1)I still need to improve on my bad eating habits and purging
2)I still need to lose some weight
3)I don't make a proper tea everyday

This was very helpful for me and I'm going to continue trying to do it myself after it finishes

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list
Looking for any and all wingers! Especially baity ones in need of love!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 16, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »
Things I did:

Was supportive of others as best I could be!
I tried, even if I failed miserably, lol
I did get a lot done around the house with this program in mind.  C:

Things to work on:

Stop eating emotaionally...happy sad, whatever.
Stop being a lazy bum and run around outside sometimes!
Pay closer attention to taking my mads on time.

:hug:  for all.  I've really enjoyed seeing everyone and their progress.

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1484 on: September 17, 2012, 03:06:05 AM »
Things I did good:

- Got outside to go for walks more often
- Picked out fruits and veggies more often when I went grocery shopping
- I was able to improve my strength through working out

Things I could have improved on:

- I still need to cut out the pop
- Need to stretch more often.
- I still need to work on the emotional eating.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal