collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 86641 times)

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Official Update

:hug:

Hopefully this coming week will improve things for a great many of us. I know that this past week I was super busy procrastinating on a paper I didn't want to write (fam autobiography - it's not a happy thing!). I also struggled with eating enough since I was having some emotional issues as well. Otherwise, tomorrow is a new day and I hope that each and every one of you has a better week too! I also spent the week getting my house cleaned and organized (finally!) and I'm starting to feel like my usual organized self again!

:hug:

Weekly Challenge #7

Do something this week to pamper yourself. You get to decide, but I think that it's important to remember that we are doing this to be healthy but that it's also okay to still do things to make ourselves feel better.

:)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Yay for another challenge.  This will be easy for me because I have been treating myself all along. At 10kgs I got my eyebrows shaped and my lashes tinted.  I already have a new wallet on layby for when I hit 15kg (notice I said 'when' lol).

I went for a walk up my steep hill today and found it so much easier.  Because I had a cold last leek I did not notice how much fitter I seem to have suddenly got.  This is kiwimlp back on track :)

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
This week's challenge feels a bit ironic.. ^.^ I've recently started watching a programme called 'Supersize vs Superskinny', and as well as the main focus of the show (which is the diet swap), they also have a section following the progress of eating disorder sufferers. The last episode I saw showed them being treated to a spa pampering session, as they tend not to treat themselves.. We all have this mindset that we don't deserve things, even if we've really done nothing wrong.

I'm not overly sure what I'll do.. Yesterday's owl handling was an escape for me, which helped both myself and my best friend get away from our problems for a while. ^.^ I'd really, really like a new piercing.. but I don't think I'm physically strong enough for one at the moment. :( hmm, a lobe piercing might not be so bad.. (one side I've had to heal, the other I've got two so far and would love a third!)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:37:54 AM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Offline hlbmlp

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
8 pts this week!!!  best week yet!!! ^__^  two fail days, so some of that was from exercise!! ^_^   Bike's finally fixed and am already feeling sore from riding it around to adjust the breaks. 
It's been hard though.  There is so much chaotic stupid dama in my life all i want to do is eat chocolate bacon and mt dew.... not mixed together though.  So that has been my downfall.  I finally finished the dew in the house and dad bought more..... sadface.... maybe i'll lock it in the basement closet, but if i get too stressed i know where i'll be.... :< 
BUT, in finishing commissions and craft shows for the summer i wont have the stress of getting things done in a timely matter, so i can concentrate on unpacking and clearing out things.  I am trying to combine both being healthier physically and living healthier, as in with not as much stuff.   I come from a family of hoarders and after our last move i have realized that i could very well have the tendency to have that happen too..... especially with being an artist and having many collections.  :/  so the goal of the summer, be healthier, live healthier, and save money while doing so! ^_^  (stop buying junk to eat and junk to pile up!)

and i must say that surfstar you are amazing!!! <3  just crazy amazing! ^_^   thanks for the support every one.  It has been quite helpful.   <3 u all!!!
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 7 Challenge pg 77!!
« Reply #1144 on: July 30, 2012, 02:20:48 PM »
Pampering this week is done:) Have a few trades coming and finishing and the WAVE 2/3 US Blind Bags have hit my Walmart! YEAH. I have six so far....I am still trying to figure out the numbering system...its not working for me. I was gone for the weekend and had bad internet...so here is an update.

1 Point for Friday - ate very well for travel but there were times I could have worked out and didnt.
2 Points for Sat. - I watched my grazing at the Birthday Party so ate well and did a lot of helping out so serving and running around the home was my work out:)
2 Points for Sunday. I played an out door sport for Frisbie Golf and ate very well for traveling.

1 Pint for Monday - I really didnt want to eat my lunch I brought to work...so I spent money:( I will be working late as my work out. I could have easily said no...but with a busy weekend...I wasnt going to have a good work out...so I rather make my pay check bigger:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 30, 2012, 05:09:16 PM »
pampering is done... I caved dipped in my camera lens fund and bought FS Shining Armor & Cadence.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 30, 2012, 05:49:39 PM »
I think this past weeks points are impossible to try and calculate so I am not going to worry about them... It has been a hard week, ended up with an extremely undernourished puppy that we have been feeding around every two hours - I am exhausted. Hubby endded up in the hospital Wedesday night and is sceduled for surgery tomorrow... He has a 7mm kidney stone... ick! So I am sure it's going to be another difficult week! Men are SUCH babies!

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1147 on: July 30, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »
I think I have been pampering myself enough lately with new blind bag ponies and Monster High dolls. XD

But I think tomorrow I am going to set up a "spa" day for me. Make my own face scrub, soak my feet for a bit, do a hair treatment, paint my nails, and such.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 31, 2012, 08:05:53 AM »
Still no pampering :c we hit the shops after my meeting.. turns out I'm going into hospital within the next fortnight for definite, possibly within a week. Unfortunately, the shops weren't fabby!! Even Topshop was a bit rubbish, and I adore that store.. I'm not sure what's happening tomorrow, I'll ask the mother, if she's uninspiring I'll see if the bestie's free. ^.^

I've found that my interest in taste variation has depleted recently.. I've been narrow with flavours since I started getting sick, I'd only stick to incredibly bland food at the start of the year.. now I'm entirely against savoury food and will only eat sweet food of an even texture. Had a little fudge today that was lumpy, it was disgusting. :X
Fight like a girl..

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1149 on: July 31, 2012, 08:16:36 AM »
I have been absolutely horrible x3x I've totally lost track and vacation threw me totally off the loop and I'm struggling to get back on. I haven't exercised at all, nor am I eating the best but I'm not eating enough to gain weight, but I'm just staying the same. Which is better than gaining of course! Ha :P I still eat half my portions when I go out though, which is good. My pampering....has been spending too much money on getting into customizing. lol xD It will be worth it in the end though ;D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:19:36 AM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 31, 2012, 08:34:13 AM »
I've been thrown for a bit of a loop the last week or so, but now it's imperative that I get back on track...my blood pressure was way too high for me yesterday, and I had to be put on BP meds, since this is the third time it happened.  >.<  I might lose some pounds now, but it'll only be water weight, but hey, few pounds is a few pounds right now.  I managed to fit in some of my jeans again, though I've lost no weight at all.  I am going to go to the pool tonight and walk around and then karate is at 7 so I will be going again.  I feel a bit defeated since I've gone off track more than I care to admit.  I'm still eating less than I should, but not losing at all, working out when I can, but I've felt so horrible lately, it's hard to get moving faster than yoga speed.  >.< 

Either way, hopefully I can get back to the losing weight part of my goal soon.  I have been eating more fruits and veggies though, so that counts toward my favor, lol

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #1151 on: July 31, 2012, 08:47:16 AM »
I'm not dead! Circumstances surrounding my eating/exercising have been really terrible, but I have been doing my best to not go overboard at any given time.

My knee filled with fluid, as it is wont to do when my doctors are not on the ball and don't get me in for my infusions. That made it so I could barely walk properly, so you can bet I wasn't doing any "proper exercise". My cousin was in the weekend before last. Our eating was horrific, as it tends to be when company is in. We did walk the zoo for several hours, we walked downtown, we walked a few malls, etc. Lots of walking, so not too terrible. Now that she's left I have been struggling to get back on the wagon.

I didn't do great last week, except Saturday when I sat in a tattoo shop for 3 hours without food and had only water to drink. I went to bed early that night, too. Now I'm recovering, so I'm in a lot of pain (again, can't exercise) and yesterday I had the munchies like no other. Then tomorrow is my wedding anniversary, so we're going out for dinner.

I really need to get myself back to where I need to be. Unfortunately, things have just been crazy and they aren't going to slow down any time soon. I might be able to do some catching up in August, but at the end of the month I have to get the tattoo finished and then hubbs is having surgery done on his knee 2 days after that. We're both going to be in pretty dire straits, so I imagine we'll be ordering in a lot.

I'm even more frustrated that I was doing so well in the beginning and life has just dealt me a heavy hand.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 31, 2012, 10:23:10 AM »
Wow, sounds like everyone is having a hard week/month. I hope things improve all over :) I was gone most of last week at scout camp with my boys and I got lots of hiking in but I was such a nervous wreck when I got home every week that I totally pigged out. Question: would it be okay to revise one's original goals (not me, but for the people who have met with injury and illness) so they can still meet healthy goals that are possible for them in their current capacity?

I did well yesterday on the eating but my husband had a 12-hour shift so I didn't get to get out running, although I could have danced so I am not impressed with myself. It wasn't even hot yesterday. I do get to go to my new doc for medication counseling and I am so scared. I have been on the same meds for 17 years and I HATE trying new ones. But if I continue on this path I will get to a suicidal place (don't worry, I am not suicidal, and I have a VERY strong sense of self-preservation). I'm scared but I really have no choice. It's guinea pig time.

Also, I only earned 7 points :( but I think this week I can do much better :) I will go get my hair cut for pampering myself :)

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
« Reply #1153 on: July 31, 2012, 07:55:19 PM »
Hey, all!  I'm not really in this thread to win prizes, but I do want to check in!
This past weekend I certified in BODY PUMP!  Wow, I got pushed to my physical limits!  I learned that I'm so much stronger than I think :-)  If you've never tried, Body Pump, find it at a gym near you!  <3 it! :-)
I kinda ate crappy over the weekend... I guess I used my epic calorie burn as an excuse.  BUT, I do realize that I don't enjoy bad foods anymore.  I want/crave healthy foods!  Just tonight, I got done in class and was like, "Man, I REALLY want some lentil salad."  If you stick with your new habits long enough THOSE will become your cravings... and those foods that entice you now, the feeling of laziness that may taunt you... those will go away and be replaced by cravings for healthy food and to be active!

Keep on going in the right direction, ponies!  You can do this! :-)

Post Merge: July 31, 2012, 07:56:26 PM

PS - a fun little thing I've been doing.  So, I ordered an unopened box of mystery bag ponies on Ebay.  However, I'm only opening one of the ponies after completing my workout.  It's been a kind of fun little game to play!  I do a workout, I get a blind bag pony ;-)
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 01, 2012, 02:16:53 AM »
*hugs brightside*  I don't think I've ever eaten fudge that I didn't like, lol.  I'm sorry to hear you are looking at a stay in hospital.  Can you maybe use it as a motivator to try eating a little more and taking your supplements?  I know it's easy for me to stay but if it keeps you at home then surely it is worth it?  Keep up those baby steps. You can beat this :hug:

I haven't checked in for a bit but I'm keeping on track.  I did my really steep street today and have been watching what I eat.  No movement on the scales to report though because I'm still making up for my birthday blowout.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal