collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 87683 times)

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
Is this still open? :lookround: I'd love to participate if so!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Hurry up and join in! We begin tomorrow, so you can still sign up!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Is this still open? :lookround: I'd love to participate if so!

Yup! =)  The sign-ups are still open =)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Haha I was gonna gloat because I was the first to get my info in.  But then I remembered the rhyme:

First is the worst,
Second is the best,
Third is the one
With the hairy chest!

:lmao:

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Haha I was gonna gloat because I was the first to get my info in.  But then I remembered the rhyme:

First is the worst,
Second is the best,
Third is the one
With the hairy chest!

:lmao:

Well then wouldn't I be first since I started the thread with my info?
 :ninja:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Thank goodness I wasn't third ...  :whew:

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Thank goodness I wasn't third ...  :whew:

LOL!

I'm waiting till tomorrow morning to do an official update. Where I live in Texas everything that I'm allergic to (most grasses/trees) decided it was time to be in season. =) I'll be responding to a few others here soon though, even if it's just with hugs.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
Awesome! :D

Username: HollowZero
GOALS:
My main goal is to not look like a hambeast for my Halloween costume! :lol: I plan to be Undead Jem (she's back from the 80s and coming to haunt the streets). My top half I can deal with, I can fit into a women's "normal" XL with no problem. It's my bottom half. :lookround:

Of course, losing more weight up top would be fine too. If possible, I would love to be able to fit into a size 14 dress or smaller by Halloween. That will open up plenty of options for costume design.

My worst habit I would love to stop is eating something sweet almost every day. I mean, I do adore chocolate, but most of the time it's just a force of habit that gets me to eat it. The idea of having dessert after dinner I guess. I'd love to quit sweets and switch to fruit.

It doesn't help that for the past 8 weeks I've been cooped up in the house attending my BF who had surgery. I really need to get back in the habit of walking nearly every day.

PLAN:
  • To stop being lazy and get in the habit of walking, walking, walking.
  • If it's raining or otherwise bad weather, do aerobics in the house. STOP BEING LAZY!
  • Start tapering off the sweets. This will be extremely hard and I would appreciate tips on how to do it.
  • When ordering out, get the vegetable options, since they're usually the healthiest. (ohgod this will be hard too, lol)
  • Do some kind of exercise for at least 30 minutes every day, except Mondays and Fridays.

I already drink tons of water, so it's definitely my eating habits which are making me keep these pounds. Oh it will be a glorious day if I can get rid of these stupid habits. :D

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to keep up with all the posting here. Oh my gosh  :drunk:
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to keep up with all the posting here. Oh my gosh  :drunk:

*hugs* Just do what you can, I think we'll all miss something or another.

And remember, for anyone, I am always available via PM =) So if you have questions/concerns, feel free to send them to me. Though I do try and back read and respond to everyone =)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile

*hugs* Just do what you can, I think we'll all miss something or another.

And remember, for anyone, I am always available via PM =) So if you have questions/concerns, feel free to send them to me. Though I do try and back read and respond to everyone =)

:hug: SurfStar.  Thank you so much for doing this. I can't wait to officially get started!  :frolic:

I think I did okay with my eating today.  I wasn't super good but still fit within the loss range (I hope).  I worked the morning and it was so cold here that I came home and had a sleep rather than a walk though.  Oh well, I'll go for a good hike tomorrow to make up for it a bit.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Well it's Saturday morning here in the UK so I guess we get to start first! :lmao:

:hug: Brightside - not going to add anything as people here have given good advice but just wanted to give you a :hug:

Cubby - frog with peg leg? Video please :D :lmao:

I had pizza last night but that was my last splurge. This morning I've eaten (well, halfway through, trying to slow down my eating!) a hummus-type (made with beans not chickpeas) tortilla wrap with lots of salad. So, going well so far! I doubt I'll be doing much excercise today as I'm in agony but I will see how I feel later :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I know that is is technically now the 16th, but the thread still says that signups are open so I would LOVE to participate if possible.

Username: Tribble79
GOALS:

* I need to lose a LOT of weight but lets start small and see if I can lose 15 pounds in the 3 month time that we have.
*I would like to cut down how much diet pop I drink, I am seriously addicted to the stuff. I drink plenty of water most days, but there are days when all I drink is pop. I don't really need to increase my liquid intake but need to cut down my pop intake.
*Cut down the portions of food that I eat. Right not I can't eat majorly healthy due to how expensive it is, but I can still eat better than I do.
*lately I have been having a LOT of back pain and stiffness so I want to find some back strengthening exercises to add.
PLAN:
*I would like to cut my portions of food down and keep them between 1400 and 1500 calories per day.
*I hate exercising so I will try to start out small with 20 -40 minutes of exercise of some kind every day.
*I love to eat so use a smaller plate to make my foot portions look bigger and to stop eating before I feel full. Try and eat before I feel hungry, as I tend to overeat if I am starving.
*A big weakness of mine is sweets, so instead of cutting them out altogether, count them in with my calorie intake - and eat less of them.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:51:00 AM by Tribble79 »

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Bright, what about taking your supplement drinks one shot glass at a time? Don't think of drinking the whole thing, it can be overwhelming! Just pour out a shot, pretend your in an old Western saloon (with pretty saloon girls!) and shoot the damn thing. Then a little later try another. I had to drink Boost supplements in high school to get my weight to a healthy level and they were nasty! So I just drank shots of it throughout the day. Tell you what, if you can drink just 3 shots today, I'll NOT eat that lovely piece of cheesecake in my fridge that I was saving for this weekend's treat. My DH can have it.

So it begins! Today I'm 148.5 lbs and 5'4 tall. My quantifiable goal is to loose 10 pounds, which is very doable in 3 months!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Lets Get Started! Update pg 20!!
« Reply #299 on: June 16, 2012, 07:57:01 AM »
Official Update

Okay, today is the day! Today we are all going to be tracking our points. A few things I want to mention here about that:

I don't care if you check in every single day, I know the thread moves fast and that can get overwhelming =) Just do what you can and as long as you're keeping track somewhere - I'm am perfectly okay with that!

If possible, try and check in once a week, just so I know you're still around.

A few other things:

Weekly Challenges will start on Sunday.
Each Sunday, I will post an official update (with people's points IF they post them in the thread - but that is not mandatory for anyone, it's just to help keep track)
Each Sunday I will also post some teaser pics, so you can guess about different things. Hopefully this will help keep everyone motivated, but I'll do my best to try and keep everything a surprise!

Start-up Notes
If you posted in this thread and are listed as [Tentatively] next to your name on sign-ups, IF you get your information to me sometime today or early tomorrow you are STILL allowed to participate.

Those individuals are:
TornadoLovesMelody
gemini_pony
Taxel
Boots

That being said, sign-ups are closed if you didn't post a prior interest in the thread!

The Official List of Participants
1. hyenacub
2. TexasGal
3. Ponytails
4. JazzMatazz
5. PrincessSparkles
6. rayechu
7. RainbowRevolver
8. Candy_Bang
9. fiwen30
10. Pinkamena
11. renee_chan
12. Rhini
13. BrightSide
14. Salli
15. Crowning_Glory13
16. kaninchen
17. Marlin
18. babystarz
19. LizabethDawn
20. ZettaMomo
21. Lemontwist
22. silverskimmer
23. MonstarNomNom
24. hlbmlp
25. psyknife
26. Yuitsu
27. kiwimlp
28. Yurusumaji
29. egyptiondragon
30. banditpony
31. nessa16
32. stopxmotion
33. DaffyDilly
34. ZennaBug
35. cuddlebuggy
36. Kitkumi
37. LeighAnnApanites
38. shockponie
39. StoryDreamer
40. HollowZero
41. madhatterada
42. Tribble79

Should any of the others respond, this list will be officially updated on Sunday.

Please send me PM's by June 30th ~ Check your name on the list on the front page to see if I have gotten your PM; currently my list indicates I am missing PM's from:

cuddlebuggy
Tribble79

For now! Good Luck and Thank you ALL for participating!

I am happy to share with each of you my passion for learning to love yourself and helping each of you with your goals. I have a lot of warm fuzzies for each of you that have signed up and I hope that I will make this a positive three months for each of you. As I have mentioned before, never hesitate to PM me! I am usually on the Arena at least once a day and sometimes I get back through PM's quicker than updating this thread =)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 07:59:25 AM

I know that is is technically now the 16th, but the thread still says that signups are open so I would LOVE to participate if possible.

*A big weakness of mine is sweets, so instead of cutting them out altogether, count them in with my calorie intake - and eat less of them.

I try not to worry about the dates too much since so many of us on these boards are from such different timezones. Welcome to the group! I hope that you will find it supportive.

Sweets are my weakness too! That's what I do, everything in moderation and I just make allowances for them with my daily intakes.

:hug: Good luck!

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:01:47 AM

Bright, what about taking your supplement drinks one shot glass at a time? Don't think of drinking the whole thing, it can be overwhelming! Just pour out a shot, pretend your in an old Western saloon (with pretty saloon girls!) and shoot the damn thing. Then a little later try another. I had to drink Boost supplements in high school to get my weight to a healthy level and they were nasty! So I just drank shots of it throughout the day. Tell you what, if you can drink just 3 shots today, I'll NOT eat that lovely piece of cheesecake in my fridge that I was saving for this weekend's treat. My DH can have it.

So it begins! Today I'm 148.5 lbs and 5'4 tall. My quantifiable goal is to loose 10 pounds, which is very doable in 3 months!

I'm just not a big fan of any of those supplements. They usually taste so grainy and.. bleh. I agree though, sometimes breaking it up throughout the day can be much easier. Is it possible to mix them with something else? Or maybe eat them with your cereal instead of milk?

That's a great goal! I think you'll do great!  :hug:

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:04:14 AM

Oooh I want to do this really bad since I recently started dieting again! Wow I have no idea why it posted in tiny text...lemme fix that really quick.

You and I can keep track of our points together! I just find it so much easier to mentally keep track of points over calories. While I watch those too as my dietician says - the extra veggies/fruits aren't generally what get people in trouble!

Just remember, for most diets are short term, usually for a plan to be long-term, it should be thought of in terms of a lifestyle change (e.g. something you're going to want to do forever).

Great goals and good luck!  :hug:

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:06:03 AM

:hug: SurfStar.  Thank you so much for doing this. I can't wait to officially get started!  :frolic:

I think I did okay with my eating today.  I wasn't super good but still fit within the loss range (I hope).  I worked the morning and it was so cold here that I came home and had a sleep rather than a walk though.  Oh well, I'll go for a good hike tomorrow to make up for it a bit.

:hug: Every day is going to be different and you've got the perfect attitude about it! Just Keep Moving Forward!! (I do love Meet the Robinsons)

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:07:44 AM

I already drink tons of water, so it's definitely my eating habits which are making me keep these pounds. Oh it will be a glorious day if I can get rid of these stupid habits. :D

I think you can do it! Welcome to the group!  :hug:

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:09:18 AM

I say "Surprise me!"

BTW:  I will be checkign in daily but I'm not sure I can read EVERY page since my las tpost so if I'm a bit behind on the gossip, please excuse me!

I'm so excited!  I was super good today at our end-of-the-year party.  I put a mini cupcake, 2 munchkins, and a cookie aside for me to eat throughout the day.  I have eaten half of the cookie, the concept of the sugar actually made me nauseated.  I have been craving water and fruit all day.  So I ate a banana and a peach.  Whoo-hoo!  I am sooooo ready to do this again!  I have been slacking this month, and I know it.

That is so awesome Ponytails! I'm glad to see that you're ready to go! =)

:hug: I'm also going to try checking in each day, It was something I decided to do on my tumblr this week since having to summarize my day really keeps me on track with my goals.

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:10:55 AM

Belly dancing sounds like so much fun. renee_chan, it's great you have your sister in law to work out with.  It's amazing how much harder you work when you're having fun with someone and not noticing how hard you are actually working. 

This is SO true. Even if you feel a bit silly the first couple of times, having fun with it is definitely key to continuing it. I had this happen to me with Zumba and I'm pretty darn uncoordinated.

I do enjoy belly dancing though, it's something that I think I'm going to have to get back into!

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:11:49 AM

Haha! That's true...I shouldn't malign those frogs.  Hmm.  How about an elephant with a peg leg?

I'll accept that, considering you know that peg leg will snap in half every time they try to dance.

This mental image here just made me laugh for a good 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure my hubby thought I had lost my mind, my puppy was trying to save me by crawling in my lap and licking me!

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:13:16 AM

Thanks to my Italian background, i have hips.  HUGE HONKING hips.  :lmao:  I'd try it, but I don't dance well at all.  I've tried.  I dance like a frog with a peg leg.

GOSH. You and me both ~ hopefully at least you don't get the 'Wow, you've really got child-bearing hips' comment too much. I dance ok, but honestly, I'm just not very coordinated ~ I think my dyslexia extends from my brain outwards.

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:15:08 AM

Hm.  I wonder if guys ever belly danced. XD

Lol if you look it up on Youtube there are quite a few. (Not speaking from experience or anything....-shifty eyes-) x'D

I can speak from real life experience, guy's totally belly dance and it can be amazing. My little "sister" does belly dancing and many of the people in her classes and troupe were guys. Lovely to look at as well :wink:

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:17:27 AM

LOL! I've seen it once and that was as a joke (he was wearing a bra and skirt over his clothes, too!). The thing about belly dance is most of the movement happens in the hips. Men don't really have hips ...  :P

If you ever watch the movie/play South Pacific, they do a cross between belly dancing and hula dancing as a joke. It's amusing. Although honestly, most belly dancing is in your abs and thighs, while there is some hip movements, it's a lot of movements that add up to those hip moves. Yoga also helps with belly dancing, since to an extent you need to be flexible (that's how I got into yoga ~ I wasn't coordinated enough for belly dancing!)

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:24:50 AM

Well it's Saturday morning here in the UK so I guess we get to start first! :lmao:

:hug: Brightside - not going to add anything as people here have given good advice but just wanted to give you a :hug:

Cubby - frog with peg leg? Video please :D :lmao:

I had pizza last night but that was my last splurge. This morning I've eaten (well, halfway through, trying to slow down my eating!) a hummus-type (made with beans not chickpeas) tortilla wrap with lots of salad. So, going well so far! I doubt I'll be doing much excercise today as I'm in agony but I will see how I feel later :)

:hugs: Splurges are okay, the trick is to not go overboard and plan for it ahead of time. Your chicken wrap does sound amazing, you're giving me the best ideas for new recipes!

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:25:39 AM

I'm going to copypasta from my WYP thread.

Bad news. I had a review today with my dietician and specialist. Wasn't expecting it to go brilliantly. It was.. I don't think there's a word to describe it. Maybe 'tragic' would do.

I've lost a lot more weight. I am now classed as 'crisis' - if I don't gain by Thursday, they are considering putting me in the Priory. Which is a psych hospital (in Cheshire, hours away), and I'd be there for months. I'd need a drip again. No college either.

Which is the worst possible thing, as I've waited years for college. If I have things on my records, I can't get my career. And then what is the point of continuing? It's what I live for. It's really scary. They're not being unreasonably harsh. Both Heather and Amanda are really worried, as they genuinely care about me. Whilst I was waiting outside in the rain to be picked up, Heather came outside and hugged me - this is a HUGE thing, as Heather never hugs or gets overly close with any of her girls..

It's so difficult to comprehend. Now I have to have 4 supplements a day if I can manage and a bowl of cereal. I can't even tolerate the supplements though. :sad: :cloud:

:hug: Sweetie, the first several months are the hardest. As quote I remember is that often "eating disorders are considered the slowest form of suicide" since if the behaviors are kept, they will kill you in the end. They are also devastating to the body (as you know). I know that you can do this; I know this this is incredibly, incredibly hard, but you've got some great goals and have gotten some great advice from Heather, Amanda, Zetta, Yurusumaji, and Renee_chan.

We all have faith, are you doing any emotional/therapeutic counseling in addition to the food counseling? I was never just an outpatient ED, I was hospitalized for my first 6 months. However, honestly, most careers are pretty forgiving since I'm currently attending graduate school and I will be able to get my licensure. What you're going through right now is a medical disorder and shouldn't keep you from your career, except in terms of time sweetie. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm sending lots and lots of positive thoughts your way.

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:27:14 AM

Ok did karate last night, but I was in so much pain from my other issues, I didn't get any yoga done.  Tonight though...or something at least.  Should be interesting with DH there.  He laughs at me xD  I might make him do it too so he can get more done toward police academy training.  Not eating great but eating less and adding some healthy things in.  Nomnomnom salad, oranges, grapes, pineapple!  xD

I found that when I made my hubby try the moves (and he was terrible at them!) that it made him laugh at me less at least.

And you're making great steps! Major changes are very hard to sustain over time, so the way you're just cutting back is perfect towards being able to keep your goals even after these 3 months have passed.

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:28:10 AM

Awwww... I used to teach a bellydance fitness class.  I probably still have all of my choreography somewhere!  I need to start bellydancing again... so fun! :)

PS - yeah, points start tomorrow! :-)

You were probably awesome at it! I've seen the things you post on Facebook =)

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:29:14 AM

I have a belly dance instructional video and I love it! It's so much fun :). My sis in law and I played dance central & kinect adventures for 45 minutes yesterday, over twice my goal of 20 minutes (20 minutes is better than what I've been doing which is nothing). I really got my heart rate up and worked up a good sweat. Plus I ate healthy except for one cupcake. But I'm 1/2 pound down from the last time I weighed in! Yay! I just need to stay consistent with my diet and exercise. I've already started writing in my HH4P journal even though we don't officially start til tomorrow. I'm going to get some stickers and for every point I earn I'm putting a sticker in my journal.

Yay! I'm glad that you are having fun with your exercise and super congrats on the weight! Stickers are awesome! I give myself a bottle of nail polish when I lose a 1lb.

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:30:36 AM

Yesterday my husband and I went out exploring and we happened upon a small arcade inside a local mall. Of course, they had a DDR machine. That poor machine was old as dirt and the back-lighting for the screen was shot, so I could barely see. That said, I beat Daikenkai on Standard for the first time in 2 years! I was barely able to stand afterwards, but I was so happy that I did it.  :accomplished:

:cheer: Yay! That is awesome!! :cheer: Are you planning to go back to play some more?

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:31:21 AM

Losing weight is as much about learning your triggers as it is will-power.  I had 4 pieces of chocolate after dinner tonight but I'm pretty confident it should fit in alright with todays 'points'.  Gotta treat myself a little :)

So true! Sometimes it's even more about knowing what's prompting us besides hunger. =)

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:33:58 AM

Today I have eaten well so far.  I am working late though and the last two times I have worked late I have raided my bag of M&M's (that I keep in my draw to have 5 a day) in a big way.  This time I took out five and then left the shop while my brother hid the rest!  LOL.  I will not break my diet.

Quote from: hyenacub
true, hiding them works!

Actually, that's supported by research studies. In a recently published study there was an experiment where candy was in a clear jar/in a bowl on someone's desk or in an non-clear jar. At the end of the study it showed that people ate more when the candy/food was visible than when it was hidden!

So yes, definitely to an extent, hiding things definitely works!

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:34:43 AM

I'm actually really excited about the weekly challenges. I can't even imagine what kind of things they will be. Also, there was walking in the rain talk about a page back? I say do it! XD If it is raining no one can keep me inside, though the best is going out for a bike ride in the rain. I always come back soaked to the bone, lol.

For me it's a good excuse to have to bathe the dog! If he comes home wet, then I just have to finish the wash/rinse part!

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:35:42 AM

I do like surprises.
 :silly:

And I am really looking forward to what you will do for the weekly challenges.
I think they will help to keep people involved and give them new things to try out.

:hug: I hope so! =) I've been writing some ideas down from various places to hopefully keep people motivated and thinking about choices.

Post Merge: June 16, 2012, 08:36:26 AM

Again, I just want to emphasize how awesome I think you all are for signing up!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:56:55 AM by SurfStar »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal