collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 plasticiser leakage :(  (Read 712 times)

Offline Rodneytheponydude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • Im the most rootin tootin cowboy in the wild west!
    • View Profile
G3 plasticiser leakage :(
« on: November 07, 2019, 11:15:10 AM »
Hi all. Ive got 2 g3 ponies ive had since 2017 in a lot and they are now both in the process of plasticiser leakage.  :(

My one pony Golden Delicious was already sticky when i got her. I knew she was leaking since i washed her and still sticky she was! Her head came off like it was nothing and we all know the pain of g3 head glue. Of course i seized the opportunity to replace the tail washer and i got covered in a thick goop of plasticiser inside her body! Even now shes still going through it! :cry:

I was moving cinnamon breeze recently who came in the same lot; and felt a very slight stickiness; so i tried pulling on her head; it came off with ease! Shes slightly tacky on the inside so now im wondering if i should quarantine anu ponies i got from that lot in general? :huh:

Has anyone got any g3s with plasticiser leakage? :(

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G3 plasticiser leakage :(
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 11:25:32 AM »
I think my wysteria is dealing with it, but I don't know if she just started or what, but her head won't come off. I pulled a pony new from box and she was fairly sticky (to be expected) I don't think plasticizer causes others to leak, that only appears to be the case if you have a bad climate. Don't keep them too close together because they can stain. I personally have separated ponies with such issues away from my herd, just because. (even though I don't mind the after math of the leakage)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:29:54 PM by caseysealia »

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 11:44:40 AM »
On the mlp preservation website there is a bit about leakage. it says to use formule 911. I dont know what it is or where to get it, but its probably somewhere. Good luck.
Here's a link to the article:  http://mlppreservationproject.webstarts.com/body.html#Plasticiser
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 12:04:43 PM »
There's a thread lurking around here about someone who had a bunch of G3 in storage and they all started going sticky. Likely something due to the offgassing of the plastics all interacting with each other.
Here's a link to the thread.
I'm curious if a goo-gone equivalent would strip the plasticizer since it is meant for sticky messes, but I don't have any leaking ponies (knock on wood) to test it out on.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal