collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My 35th Anniversary First Wave collection is complete!  (Read 671 times)

Offline Cheshire_Raptor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • We're All Mad Here, or Soon Will Be.
    • View Profile
My 35th Anniversary First Wave collection is complete!
« on: May 29, 2018, 09:19:08 AM »
For anyone who didn't catch my last post about finding three of the 35th anniversary ponies at my local Target, the post is over here if you wish to read it first.

I am back in the US and managed to go to a different Target then I had done last time and found the last three ponies I needed to complete the set. Interestingly enough there was only the three I still needed and Blue Bell whom I got last time. Now wave one is complete. And I did pick up Blue Belle again as well. Didn't want to leave her all alone!  :blush:

Again, some observations; Only three of the set can turn their heads. Funny enough it is the first three I found (Blue Belle, Blossom, and Cotton Candy). Was this the same for the originals when they came out? When I first looked at the combs I thought they were all the same color, but seeing the combs of the other three that is not actually the case. Each one is of a different color that goes with the pony itself in some way; Blue Belle's is blue-ish, Minty's is green, Butterscotch's should have been orange...

I discovered this time around that the plastic thing they put on the manes can be pulled apart for a much easier removal. The first time I carefully pulled the hair out of it. I wish the mini posters were of the pony it came with on one side and then the group one on the other. Would have made for a brilliant frame opportunity. I would have put each wave together in a large frame to hang on the wall. Again, I wish they packaged them like they did the originals. At least have the pony's story on the back as many of us do not remember what those stories are and of course would never have saved the cards...although I am certain some did.

I cannot find a date for the Rainbow Ponies release, thought I read June somewhere, but one site said it is July and Webhallen now lists it for Christmas 2018. I am really hoping it'll be June as I'll be in the US at that time. And I have a small feeling that they'll be really hard to find around Christmas time.

I am on the fence about getting the playset. I'm not one for playsets, but there are original ponies usually in them. I'm more for collecting the ponies than all the additional items. I think in all honesty, it will depend on the price of the playset, if I find one as well as how I am feeling at that moment.

A big part of me wants to buy it and sell it as I know many cannot find any of these or they aren't being released in their country. I think that's the real reason I picked up the extra Blue Belle. She's still in her box and sitting on the shelf.
I just took a look at eBay in regards to these ponies and people are mean greedy! $16.99 for the pony and $20 for shipping from Ohio? Come on! Of course there were better priced ones listed thankfully but it still horrible to see such greed.

My complete first wave of the 35th Anniversary Ponies
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: My 35th Anniversary First Wave collection is complete!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 11:39:18 AM »
They look lovely together.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 11:45:35 AM »
So pretty! Congrats!

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 08:44:46 AM »
They're all beautiful! Congrats!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 01:43:52 PM »
Very envious!  I wish we got these girls in my country. Congrats on snagging them all :D

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 06:32:18 PM »
Congrats! They look so good together ^.^

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal