collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • MOC Mimic
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
Re: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 09:27:39 PM »
I'm trying to decide if I want to watch this when it comes out or not. I'll probably have to go on my own, which doesn't bother me, but I don't want to feel like it's a waste of money. Some of the scenes though look like they will be awesome on a big screen... The other thing is the UK is highly unlikely to get all the cinema goodies that go along with the film, which is frustrating. Will definitely be getting it when it comes out on DVD though - hopefully for Xmas.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 11:00:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just watched the second trailer and I'm hyped, so I'm glad there's a new thread for discussion :D!
It was cool to hear Capper speak in the second trailer :)
Also, I'm really digging the animation style. The ponies look so fluid when they move!

Cappers voice felt really out of place to me, like it was just a little too deep to fit his character? I'm sure I'll feel different in the film but it threw me off

Thoughts on Capper's voice

Capper doesn't sound like I thought he would.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thoughts about the pirates
Also
Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:01:57 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and for my sig.

Offline BekunoTopic starter

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • Art blog
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 12:21:37 AM »
I can try to answer that ponyfan! Just know that this is from the mlp movie comics so I'm not 100% on how the movie will handle it

Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 12:26:49 AM »
Thanks Bekuno :) That makes sense.

Ponyfan

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 10:46:53 AM »
Haha, I do agree with you Bekuno- Capper's voice came as a surprise to me, being much deeper than I expected! I like it though ^^

Offline NightGliderSA

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 10:55:21 AM »
I don't want to know what is happening in the movie before I go to watch it with my fellow pony-collecting friend. But we are going to watch it, and we will eat chocolate  :biggrin:

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 06:06:35 PM »
I was excited that my Barnes and Noble showed they had the prequel comic in stock but I couldn't find it in the store today.  :sad:

The soundtrack is up for preorder on iTunes but it looks like the titles might give parts of the movie away

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:42:51 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline BekunoTopic starter

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • Art blog
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 09:10:56 PM »
Barnes and Nobles sometimes let you reserve a book, so you can always reserve a copy and go pick it up so you know for sure it's there!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 05:18:42 AM »
I'm looking forward to it! I'm a little behind on FiM episodes but the movie looks really cute!
~Formerly known as mkia9~

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 03:04:55 PM »
I'll be watching the movie anyway to see if it's better than the trailer made it out to be and to see if the "new look" and animation plays out better but the song from Sia (which is already out) wasn't really that great IMO.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • DA Gallery
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 03:55:57 PM »
I just watched a music video that had Songbird Serenade singing. I would've liked it if it weren't for this live action woman wearing a black one piece with Songbird Serenade's hairstyle flailing around. I didn't like that at all. ><

Many thanks to Crystal Valley for my sig image :art:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Unable to buy, sell, or trade
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 04:02:29 PM »
I just watched a music video that had Songbird Serenade singing. I would've liked it if it weren't for this live action woman wearing a black one piece with Songbird Serenade's hairstyle flailing around. I didn't like that at all. ><

I assume you've never seen a Sia music video before? That's Maddie Ziegler, she performs in the music videos for a lot of Sia's songs. Also Songbird Serenade's design is based directly You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 05:23:42 PM »
I finally found The Stormy Road to Canterlot  Just to be sure before I start reading it's all backstory on Tempest, right? So nothing that happens in the book will spoil anything in the movie?

Ponyfan

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 07:34:02 PM »
My BF and I have been asked by the official Dutch MLP Page from Hasbro if we would like to attend the Dutch premiere! :D
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 07:43:19 PM »
Wow, TonadoTwist. :) That's really exciting.

Ponyfan