collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Project FurReal Butterscotch: Restoration and Customization  (Read 178 times)

Offline ginaiamTopic starter

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
Project FurReal Butterscotch: Restoration and Customization
« on: September 08, 2017, 03:32:26 PM »
Over the years I have restored and customized G1 My Little Ponies. And now I decided to work on a bigger endeaver. Project Fur Real Butterscotch. 

I rescued her for $35.00
She has some plastic rebuilding needed done in her head as one eye and ear doesn't blink/move and her tail doesn't move. And her neck wants to make a loud scary click, probably a belt slip.  Her body coat has wear spots and maine is a bit dingy with hair cut and her eye lashes were cut, so good excuse for customizing into a Unicorn. Don't know exactly which unicorn. I have a 3D printer to replace plastic parts, so no big deal.
Her maine and tail is a longer shag fabric and of course her body is a short plush with a little feathering around her ankles. 

I do have questions if anyone has knowledge on a good deal on fur fabric? 

If you want to see progress, I'm Gina Lesslie on Facebook. You can add me as a friend or follow me if you would like, you are more then welcome. I post so anyone can see usually :D
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
Re: Project FurReal Butterscotch: Restoration and Customization
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 04:18:01 PM »
ooooh fun!  I have pondered about this but never seen a FurReal cheap enough to risk the project and insanity... LOL
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 09:03:39 AM »
Sounds like an interesting project, I'd be fascinated to see the skinned robot body underneath while you're customising if you take it that far. I have a few robotic toys I've skinned because I think their mechanical structure is cool, would love to collect them.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Princess of Equestria <3
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 11:11:24 AM »
I always wanted the Fur Real Butterscotch when I was a kid, though I never got it because it would have taken up more space than we had to keep it in. It's good to hear you're rescuing one!
I collect owls too! :heart:
Formerly known as "CanterCadance"