collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro will have G1 art on display at Hascon  (Read 4049 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro will have G1 art on display at Hascon
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2017, 02:21:55 PM »
my thoughts exactly. you know hasbro flipped out when they saw what some of their vintage plastic horses go for

Where did you hear this? :o I've never heard/seen any indication that Hasbro particularly care about the pre-G4 gens.. usually we just get left in the dust. :s
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 11:59:12 AM »
There was so much art and some cool prototypes! I loved it... I have posted a few things on my instagram: bizzarro_toys and hope to post more later. :D   

https://www.instagram.com/bizzarro_toys/
~Foxtale~

Offline centaurette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • i'm preparing to shine... from the inside, out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2017, 08:09:55 PM »
my thoughts exactly. you know hasbro flipped out when they saw what some of their vintage plastic horses go for

Where did you hear this? :o I've never heard/seen any indication that Hasbro particularly care about the pre-G4 gens.. usually we just get left in the dust. :s

i just thought it was pretty obvious considering they're bringing back "g1 style" merchandise geared more towards older fans for nostalgia purposes (women's socks, shirts, bags, pajamas, loyal subjects, journals, etc). they realize there's a [very niche] market for it and that people will buy that merchandise because it reminds them of their childhood. obviously they aren't giving it the same amount of effort or attention as g4, but why would they?

g4 is the most current reincarnation and there are only a handful of people who know about g1 compared to the droves that know about g4. they're never going to give past generations the attention they're giving the current generations, but every now and then they'll toss something out that's cheap to produce so they can "satisfy" the much more obscure g1 market. fingers crossed they'll give a little love to g2 and g3 someday too!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2017, 09:16:09 PM »

i just thought it was pretty obvious considering they're bringing back "g1 style" merchandise geared more towards older fans for nostalgia purposes (women's socks, shirts, bags, pajamas, loyal subjects, journals, etc). they realize there's a [very niche] market for it and that people will buy that merchandise because it reminds them of their childhood. obviously they aren't giving it the same amount of effort or attention as g4, but why would they?

g4 is the most current reincarnation and there are only a handful of people who know about g1 compared to the droves that know about g4. they're never going to give past generations the attention they're giving the current generations, but every now and then they'll toss something out that's cheap to produce so they can "satisfy" the much more obscure g1 market. fingers crossed they'll give a little love to g2 and g3 someday too!

They don't even produce any of the G1 stuff. It's all licensed so as far as Hasbro is concerned it's pure money. As long as these other companies realize there is a market they will be willing to pay Hasbro for the G1 rights.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 11:21:48 PM »
There was so much art and some cool prototypes! I loved it... I have posted a few things on my instagram: bizzarro_toys and hope to post more later. :D   

Did they have any g1 prototypes?
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 06:20:17 AM »

They did if you looked carefully enough. ;D

The had a Megan's place for display with a megan that was not the usual one. They didn't have anything vastly different but they did have stuff from the archives which not all of  it matched the actual releases. ;D
~Foxtale~

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 10:48:46 PM »

They did if you looked carefully enough. ;D

The had a Megan's place for display with a megan that was not the usual one. They didn't have anything vastly different but they did have stuff from the archives which not all of  it matched the actual releases. ;D

Oh wow, neat! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal