collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you still have a CRT (non-flatscreen) television or monitor in your home?

Yes, and we still use it every day
26 (15.7%)
Yes, but it's a spare, and doesn't get that much use
30 (18.1%)
Yes, it's in storage, we just haven't thrown it out yet
25 (15.1%)
No, although we've had one in the last couple of years
47 (28.3%)
No, I can't even remember having a non-flat screen around here
38 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Author Topic: Watching old-school TV?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline SourdoughStomperTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • grain free and pain free
Watching old-school TV?
« on: August 21, 2017, 02:26:15 PM »
We had a CRT television for the very longest of times.  :) But we bought our first flat-screen two years ago with our tax refund.

You? :arena:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

3DS friend code: 4940-5605-9276
Credit to Squarepeg and TeeganLouise.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
Re: Watching old-school TV?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 02:41:15 PM »
We just got rid of ours earlier this year.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Reiya

• Marie Antoinette
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »
We still have two! It's a turn dial from the late 70's. The other one is a a portable black and white from who knows when.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 03:25:30 PM »
Hmm.. I know we haven't got any still in usage, not sure if we have an old one lying around or not.

We still had an old CRT TV for years, too :) Only switched to a flat-screen when the old telly finally gave up the ghost.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Unable to buy, sell, or trade
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 03:40:29 PM »
None of the options really fit my case (I selected the spare one because I guess it's as close as I can get). We have one, in my bedroom, that I use as a gaming TV for my Nintendo Wii (all our other consoles are plugged into the main flatscreen in the living room). I play it occasionally. I would not call it a spare TV, but a gaming TV.

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Princess of Equestria <3
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 04:02:13 PM »
We used to have two, one in the front room, and the other in my room. They're long gone now though
I collect owls too! :heart:
Formerly known as "CanterCadance"

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 04:33:44 PM »
Yes, the TV in my bedroom is a CRT TV. However, the picture tube is going, so I will need to get a new TV soon.

Offline Sundown

• She's a daydreamer
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Have you smiled today?
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 04:58:51 PM »
We used to have one until about ten years ago. :P Nowadays, all we've owned are flatscreens.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 09:18:29 PM »
I think we have one in a closet.  My husband has a bunch of things in that closet I want to throw out so I'm not allowed to look in it anymore.  :lol: :P

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+150)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 09:55:18 PM »
yes we have one. it's in the media room (library). my brother uses it to play super nintendo and sega genesis. I use it to watch my vhs that i refuse to give up.

by BTD.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 11:30:36 PM »
While my family has had lots of TVs through the years, I can count the number of TVs and monitors I have personally owned on one hand and only my first computer had a CRT that is probably still lurking in the basement.

Does anyone else remember rear projection TVs?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Also looking for EG Roller Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare,
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Av by Moonflower.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • taakos good out here my man
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 11:33:31 PM »
i remember using a CRT for most of my life :+ ) when my dad moved just this past year he got a big fancy digital one.

i also just a few months ago bought a bunch of old vhs classics, and now i dont have a player for them! what happened to all those built-in-vcr tvs we had when i was little ...

x You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login x You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login x

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 01:22:34 AM »
we have one in the basement that we use for video games, and two in storage "just in case" :-P

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • DA Gallery
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 02:01:56 AM »
Nope. We got our Samsung flat screen a few years ago after our livingroom monologue TV started having the screen go bad and then we replaced the free monologue one that we got from a hospital a year or two ago with another flat screen. My parents however are still using a really big monologue television and it still suits them just fine.

Many thanks to Crystal Valley for my sig image :art:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 06:28:04 AM »
We've only had flatscreens in this household but want to get a small crt to be able to play old gameconsols. Unfortunaly every other gamer out there has the same idea so they're getting hard to come by.

Persona custompony by Eferia. Thanks to Wildwrangler for my snowpony and HollowZero for my awarenespony. I love them. :)
Please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I am Beldarna on Instagram as well.