collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Things You Wish Hasbro Hadn't Done With FIM (TV Show or Toy Line)  (Read 13124 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Things You Wish Hasbro Hadn't Done With FIM (TV Show or Toy Line)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 02:55:09 PM »
Discord is not one of my favorite characters. I did like him in the Season 6 finale though.

I have a hard time believing Starlight is truly reformed when she slips so easily back in to using spells to control other ponies when things don't go the way she wants them to. I didn't like how easily Starlight was forgiven for trying to change time and erase the future of Equestria either. I would have liked it better if Starlight had to prove that she had changed before being accepted by the Mane 6 or if they had accepted her on a trial basis dependent on her proving herself.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 03:06:36 PM »
i hate spike's pining over rarity. they refuse to drop it and its driving me nuts. i wish they spent more care and money in the making of their toys. somewhere along the line the ideal changed from "a good toy kids love" to "the cheapest toy possible" and i wish hasbro hadnt fallen victim to that thinking.

wishlist

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »

I wish Hasbro would stop being so abominably cheap and put better QC into practice.

I wish Hasbro would stop using awful distribution practices. This goes for their other toylines too.

I wish Hasbro would put more focus on their main line and quit demonizing it by making the hair sparse and greasy and terrible.

ALL OF THESE  I have NO TRU in my area, the local wall mart has skipped a few waves blind bag wise and regular ponies.  There is nothing in my wallgreens, at all. The dollar general only had wave one of the pearly ponies.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 07:42:02 PM »

I wish Hasbro would stop being so abominably cheap and put better QC into practice.

I wish Hasbro would stop using awful distribution practices. This goes for their other toylines too.

I wish Hasbro would put more focus on their main line and quit demonizing it by making the hair sparse and greasy and terrible.

ALL OF THESE  I have NO TRU in my area, the local wall mart has skipped a few waves blind bag wise and regular ponies.  There is nothing in my wallgreens, at all. The dollar general only had wave one of the pearly ponies.

Same with the Pearlies. Walmart only had RD,  TS, Pretzel and Cherry Berry. They were there three times and then vanished.

Plus I missed the Combiner Wars Constructicons in my area completely.  I wanted a complete Devastator and they were nowhere to be found!!!

No Target nearby means no baby merponies and no TR Octane.

Booo Hasbro!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 10:24:13 PM »
Toys-I really dislike the G4.5 designs, with the exception of Twilight as a seapony and the Queen of the Seaponies. The baby seaponies have wall eyes! :(

FiM-I wish Daring Do remained a fictional character in the storyline, as opposed to being the author herself.

I feel like Twilight's transition to Princess was rushed and is still incomplete.

I wish the villains would stay villains. Friendship doesn't solve everything.

I also miss the letters to Princess Celestia. I think the storylines of the other characters would really shine through if those were continued.

I am not a fan of the CMCs cutie marks.

I feel that there needs to be less background emphasis--less in depth episodes about the background ponies, focus more on the relationships of the mane 6. How their friendships strengthen over time. This part of the plot is lacking...usually episodes focus on one pony at a time, which is great, but how they are all connected is not addressed well enough.

Equestria Girls tried really, really hard to be a cross between High School Musical and Harry Potter. It failed miserably. Not a fan of any of it.

The only thing I like about FiM are the songs. Those are fun. I think the first few seasons (1-4) did well and I am slowly getting back into season 7.

meh
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey: My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2017, 03:19:36 AM »
i hate spike's pining over rarity. they refuse to drop it and its driving me nuts. i wish they spent more care and money in the making of their toys. somewhere along the line the ideal changed from "a good toy kids love" to "the cheapest toy possible" and i wish hasbro hadnt fallen victim to that thinking.

It's one of the dumbest inventions of this gen to me. And the reasoning behind it was even dumber (signalling that Rarity is the most beautiful of the Six by having a boy pine over her - but not make him a pony of age because that would be too logical. Instead make him a baby of a different species - what the heck?)

They really should have dropped it and have Spike move on as part of a friendship lesson. But up until now he just wants to have Rarity and Rarity just wants to borrow him from Twilight as her assistant and sometimes baby brother.
Their stupid will-they-won't-they should have never been a thing because he's a child and she's got common sense.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2017, 05:55:41 AM »
Reformed Discord - He just doesn't work as a non-villain to me, and the episodes post-his reformation look more at home as an online fanseries done for fun rather than the actual show, in my opinion.

This made Discord one of the few characters I actually hate to watch. He kept acting like his villainous self until he got to play the D&D game with the boys (I think).
Unless the episode with Treehugger came after that. Because he acted so horrible there.
It was before - "Make New Friends but Keep Discord" was season five, and "Dungeons and Discords" was season six.

Also, I've thought of another think I wish they hadn't done (not Discord related) - I wish they hadn't started trying to be clever with pony designs and created ponies with a particular feature to make them standout (I assume that's what they're doing).  Moon Dancer doesn't need to have eyebrows like that in order to be a noticeable pony - it's like they created her in some kind of Pony Creator, somewhat followed (G1) Moondancer's design, and then threw every single accessory on her.  G4 is capable of designing some very toyline looking and very My Little Pony-like ponies, that would fit in perfectly in the older generations - and Moon Dance is (technically) from the oldest generation, so they should have had no problem designing her, even if they wanted her to be different.

I actually feel (and yes, this was about ponies in general, but Moon Dancer appears to have taken over) like they should have either followed G1 Moondancer's design exactly or created a new G4 Moondancer/Moon Dancer like how G4 Twilight Sparkle had a different design to G1 Twilight, but what they gave us seems utterly lost between the two choices, in my opinion.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2017, 06:19:19 AM »
This is why it's the worst gen. Cheap, badly produced toys, only seven ponies regularly made, hyper stylized,  annoying and confusing distribution,  pandering to the wrong crowd, plots that drag on well past it's expiration date, lack of creativity, dull villains that become besties forever and ever and ever.

If this is the future of MLP, then...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 06:25:09 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2017, 06:21:42 AM »
I don't really care if ponies have thick eyebrows because all the other ponies magically grow eyebrows if they have to be expressive and all those nasty human-style beards exist (the only beard I can accept on a pony is the one ponies actually can grow. Like when a pony is naturally shaggy and you don't clip their fur, similar to Sunburst's).

Also, Treesy's eyebrows are super cute and match her dreads :P

What kind of bugged me about Moondancer is that they made her have these brows as a way to make her look different from Twilight and like "the bizarro Twilight". Like, don't use the exact same character model if you need two characters to look different? Make a new one like for countless one-shot characters we never see again.

Offline mylittELLEpony

• Secret Surprise Pony
  • #SaveTheG1s
    • View Profile
    • my collection catalog (IG)
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2017, 07:34:24 AM »
This is why it's the worst gen. Cheap, badly produced toys, only seven ponies regularly made, hyper stylized,  annoying and confusing distribution,  pandering to the wrong crowd, plots that drag on well past it's expiration date, lack of creativity, dull villains that become besties forever and ever and ever.

I agree with this 100%. My kids love FiM, but I don't even feel like it's the same thing as the MLP of my childhood. I'm glad kids today have a version of MLP, but I wish it wasn't...this. I don't like the design. I don't like the toy quality. It's just lacking in every way for me.
You can see my collection on InstaGram @ mylittELLEpony  :lovey:

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2017, 08:09:49 AM »
I didn't like when the show made Daring Do a real character. I would have been okay with Daring Do being an archeologist and making up the stories but having Daring Do being real and her adventures being real was too much for me.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2017, 08:16:56 AM »
I really didn't like the way Rainbow Dash basically became an extremely selfish villain in the episode where Tank is needing to go hibernate. I'm reminded of what an evil jerk she is in that episode at least once a week since the song from that episode is on my mp3 player that I use everyday at work. XP Then in the episode, the way she's sobbing her heart out as if Tank died instead of just went to sleep for a few months was rather over the top. That behavior would've been understandable if Tank had died but c'mon.

I also don't care for the CMC's mark designs and I'd be happy if Flurry Heart wasn't around also. I also don't care for FiM designs for other baby ponies.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2017, 09:46:32 AM »
Flurry's design is kind of gross looking, but Flurry herself is really fun and cute. I love "babies innocently terrorize everyone" plots, it just amuses me to no end.

But I hope she gets to grow up. What FiM really needs, imo, is a time jump at one point. Let the babies become foals and the foals young adults so we can move on from the characters' repeating stories without losing the roles they play in the show.
Show how the CMC handle their ~business as adults. I always thought they would eventually grow up, get a job and serve as mentors or teachers in whatever field they go into. And Flurry would become the next Princess of Love because Cadence is so done with the job :lol:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2017, 12:15:56 PM »
Twilight as a Princess, to add to everyone here. I checked it out when the internet freaked out about it; it feels like a finale and should have been much longer. It just felt so ... fanfic-like? Eventhough it was set up that Twilight was the super special one from the start? I can't decide if it's the alicorn part or the Princess part that doesn't sit more ... the more alicorns added, the less unique Celestia and Luna are.

I honestly really like Princess Cadence, despite her scary body and head. She looks fine at first, love her colours and voice!, but then I start thinking about where her organs go and get scared  :blink: I don't think she should have been an alicorn either; I would have liked her being a regular Pegasus Princess or similar to Princess since she was originally a pegasus before her transformation. That would have worked out so much better actually; if Twilight HAS to become a Princess of some kind, make her a unicorn one, a pegasus one for Cadence, and then later on find an Earth one to balance it, leaving Celestia and Luna the only alicorns.

What I DON'T like is the fact she's pretty much introduced as a bride for Twilight's brother. Everything feels like it has to be about Twilight in some fashion  :mad: I lament the days where a character could be an only child! Plus, well, suddenly appearing brother who is, oh, just Captain of the Royal Guard and engaged to an alicorn that babysat for Twilight. Twilight seriously annoys me in that she was presented as the everygirl when she quite clearly is not.

Flurry Heart is grosssss. She iiiiis. Her huge wings, her massive head ... her colours are nice, but why this creature. Even the Royal Sisters looked at her like 'what is thiiiiissss' rather than 'oh, another alicorn'. Again, should have been born either unicorn or pegasus, and closer to the Cake twins or baby Applejack in design.
She came in quick, feels like Cadence didn't really get a chance to be simply married or even be her own pony before BAM! You are now a mother, deal with it.

As much as reformations all the time are annoying - Sunset's reformation is so rushed but I like her growth in following installments - I think the mass Changling, er, change is the most annoying. Chrysalis herself went from really good threat, to pretty much a ham. I liked to think that, despite her ways, she genuinely cared in her own particular way about her people; she stated that she needed to feed her subjects, hence her takeover of Canterlot. Pretty much staying true to the hive queen idea; making her spiteful and nasty to her subjects despite the lengths she goes to to feed them just seemed ... off. I hated how all the Changlings just ... changed. None decided to stay loyal to their Queen? Everyone broke free all at once because of one errant Changling? One born 'good'? I would accept a Changling that simply can't feed the same way and doesn't fit into the hive (and Chrysalis doesn't really know what to do with him or doesn't notice his difficulty). You pretty much stripped a ruling Queen trying her best to tend to her subjects of her entire way of living there, FIM, are ... you going to do anything about that? I kinda hope she has a small brood in incubation that she can raise as a new colony and keep going. That would split the Changlings almost like mosquitos; females drink blood (Chrysalis' brood feed the old fashioned way) whereas males drink nectar (King Sparklebug and friends feed the new way).

The series really needs to stop naming new antagonists-turned-friends as variations on Twilight's name.

I really like Princess Luna's design, but also kinda miss her original look. It's been hinted at that the waving mane is a symbol of pure power - Twilight's mane started floating and moving when she was trying to use the combined magic of Celestia, Luna, Cadence and herself to raise and lower the sun/moon - so I'd like to have seen if Luna's original form was her 'depowered' design and her current form is her at full strength. With a growth spurt.

The CMC's marks are horrible. The marks that were 'leaked' were MUCH nicer and the shield marks are a) lazy and b) go against everything Cutie Marks are supposed to stand for in this world.

The Brony callouts and references are skin-crawling for me, especially with backgrounders or memes appearing as jokes. Who thought Big Lebowski was a good reference to include?!

Discord is massively, MASSIVELY overrated and I don't get the amount of fawning he receives
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:19:32 PM by Lady Frostbite »

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 12:22:59 PM »

The Brony callouts and references are skin-crawling for me, especially with backgrounders or memes appearing as jokes. Who thought Big Lebowski was a good reference to include?!

To be fair, I don't think that was a brony reference - I think that it was more likely included by someone who was a fan of the movie.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal