collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Target Exclusive FS Magic of Everypony Collection  (Read 12193 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Target Exclusive FS Magic of Everypony Collection
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »
Well. I mean if you can't afford it, you can't afford it.

Let's be honest, there is a great chance that Target will want to sell this set during Christmas time. So it should be on the shelves November 15. There's 18 weeks till then. If you saved $3.50 each week till then you'll be able to afford $60.

Otherwise if you are doing it as a single set x 6 @$15 each, it's going to cost you $90 over time. If money is that tight, that seems like a waste of $30.

It's out on the shelves now, isn't it? It certainly looks that way from the photos.

Okay now as of less than 5 minutes ago it seems like I will be getting a job soon? Yesterday my mom and I were starting to think it would be best for me to go to culinary school first but the lady at DVR thinks that it would be ideal for me to work first so I guess now that's what I'll be doing. Should be able to set a side a small amount of money (maybe $20?) each paycheck when I have a job and then get this set and that TRU one whenever that comes out.

Guess this will work for me after all! :happy:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2017, 08:49:46 AM »
Well. I mean if you can't afford it, you can't afford it.

Let's be honest, there is a great chance that Target will want to sell this set during Christmas time. So it should be on the shelves November 15. There's 18 weeks till then. If you saved $3.50 each week till then you'll be able to afford $60.

Otherwise if you are doing it as a single set x 6 @$15 each, it's going to cost you $90 over time. If money is that tight, that seems like a waste of $30.

It's out on the shelves now, isn't it? It certainly looks that way from the photos.

Okay now as of less than 5 minutes ago it seems like I will be getting a job soon? Yesterday my mom and I were starting to think it would be best for me to go to culinary school first but the lady at DVR thinks that it would be ideal for me to work first so I guess now that's what I'll be doing. Should be able to set a side a small amount of money (maybe $20?) each paycheck when I have a job and then get this set and that TRU one whenever that comes out.

Guess this will work for me after all! :happy:

^_^ that's really exciting!

But yeah, as I mentioned, it's really likely that the stores will want these around for Christmas, so don't worry too much. In fact, it's possible around christmas time you can score a discount too ~

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2017, 09:32:50 AM »
Since these do seem to be out in at least some Target locations, does anyone here have them yet, or at least have found pictures taken by people who do of them out of their box? I'd love to be able to see more of what they look like! Especially Rarity's hair as its dark color makes it harder to see in the photo.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2017, 10:12:53 AM »
Yeah I wonder will the mane and tail be full of that wax gunk like TRU Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash, in order to hold the hairstyle in place?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2017, 10:15:23 AM »
Yeah I wonder will the mane and tail be full of that wax gunk like TRU Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash, in order to hold the hairstyle in place?

Yuck! XQ
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2017, 10:18:11 AM »
It seems to me the real reason they put these in big packs like this is to force us to buy more.  Sure $10 dollars per pony is better than $15 per pony... but only if you intend to purchase all 6.  The truth is if they were individual, most people would only buy their 1-3 favorites and leave the rest.  This way they force you to buy the entire set while rationalizing that you are spending less when actually you are spending more if you don't want all the ponies in the set.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2017, 10:22:06 AM »
It seems to me the real reason they put these in big packs like this is to force us to buy more.  Sure $10 dollars per pony is better than $15 per pony... but only if you intend to purchase all 6.  The truth is if they were individual, most people would only buy their 1-3 favorites and leave the rest.  This way they force you to buy the entire set while rationalizing that you are spending less when actually you are spending more if you don't want all the ponies in the set.

Good points.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2017, 10:50:52 AM »
Yeah but Hasbro still isn't thinking. What parent is going to pay $60 for 6 toys their kids already have, and if they don't, why pay that much when they can buy the little singles for $3-$5. Or the blind bags they can charitably cheat at?

To start with, parents whose kids are new pony fans and dont have the 6 already.

Hasbro is clearly thinking there will be a significant amount of them.

Having to buy the big set to get any of the special FSes inside has been a thing for a while now including the current wonderbolts set, the power ponies and i suspect other sets that i dont remember/dont know about.

And I just said, why should they grab that when blind bags that let you peak and singles are readily available for a fraction of that cost? Especially in this economy. You could probably get  all 6 f them in BB form for kiddo for less then $20. Or grab 3 of the singles at a time for about $10-$15

My daughter's G4 collection is nearly done because of the blind bags and singles. She really only needs a few that haven't been released yet and 2  that have been eluding her.

That's like saying why do they make those big packs of Disney Princess dolls when there's the cheaper Little Kingdom figures. Some people who are better off financially will go for the big set as a gift. I'm sure the same thing was true for the G1 Birthday and Slumber Party sets that were probably equivalent in price to this pack.

While often the way it works out in real life is that most kids end up with only a few from a set most would want all the characters if that was an option. Look at how many people on here are chasing down those set completers.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2017, 10:56:16 AM »
Yeah but the G1 Birthday Party and Slumber Party Packs came with toys and accessories that were exclusive and unique to those sets Wardah. It wasn't all six collector ponies both times.

That's my point. Paying more for a unique set of toys  is one thing, but shelling out big bucks for the same toys that a child already has/or can be bought cheap and easy everywhere is another thing entirely.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:02:26 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2017, 11:24:45 AM »

No one is being forced to buy these ponies. They are available individual as well (with outfits and accessories)

With the movie coming out there is going to be a higher interest in buying the mane 6. It's been hashed out time and again why the mane 6 remain on the store shelves.

Don't like them, don't buy them! Whatever the reason. Too expensive. Duplicate. Ugly. Too big. Not cost efficient.  It's fine!

But they are on store shelves for a reason...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2017, 12:26:16 PM »
... I think Applejack comes with her hat.

lostpony

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2017, 12:31:18 PM »
Of course you cant buy my Pinky shark-jet (so many pages ago now) as a single or in the Everypony is Cartilaginous set.

As to why not blind bags those things are microscopic though its true almost Everypony in Equestria Ever fit on one shelf that way.

Really i'd buy this set if i had money laying around especially if i had a child to buy for who doesnt have a lot of ponies and is all excited about the movie.

Not everything is for everybody and unfortunately pony toys do cost a bit so economics is always a de-equalizer as kids learn where on the have/have not scale they are on pretty early.  Its not great but its reality and toy companies arent philanthropists but profiteers. Its the world we live in and a part of why we'd like to escape to the pony world of our own making for at least a little while...isnt it?

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2017, 12:35:41 PM »

No one is being forced to buy these ponies. They are available individual as well (with outfits and accessories)

With the movie coming out there is going to be a higher interest in buying the mane 6. It's been hashed out time and again why the mane 6 remain on the store shelves.

Don't like them, don't buy them! Whatever the reason. Too expensive. Duplicate. Ugly. Too big. Not cost efficient.  It's fine!

But they are on store shelves for a reason...

I'm not saying people can't refuse to buy them.  I'm just saying that it is likely a factor in making these huge sets as opposed  to releasing them singly or in pairs.    And I'm not even just thinking of just this set.  The new TRU set is 12 ponies for $60.  That comes out to $5 a pony so the consumer isn't even getting a discount for buying in bulk.  Sure, there will always be kids who don't yet have the mane6.  Yadayadayada.  I'm not arguing with that.

But how many *more* people are going to buy this set for just 4-6 less common ponies who would have not bought the rest of the ponies if they were all offered singly?  That's money in Hasbro's pocket.  They've "forced" you to buy more ponies than you might have otherwise.  Alternatively, you could say that the consumer is paying extra for rarer ponies.  Effectively, someone who doesn't want the mane6 is paying $10 per pony for the other 6 ponies in the pack.

Side note:  I also feel FS sized ponies for $10 isn't actually a discount so much as the lack of a bunch of accessories.  The reason single FStyles are $15 is because they are sold with $5 worth of accessories.  This is another example of "tricking" you into buying more.  Remember in g1 when pony clothes were sold separately?  Well, somewhere along the way, Hasbro must have figured out it was easier to get people to buy a pony w/ accessories for a higher price than to try to get them to buy just the accessories separately.

Oh, and last thing.  The difference between the Target set and the single FS is the "show accurate" hair.    That's the selling point for the large set.  So yeah, if you don't care about that (which I don't) then you can absolutely get the mane 6 singly.  But if show accuracy is big for you, then yes, you will have to decide whether buying the whole set is worth it to you or find some other way of getting the ponies you want second hand.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:53:39 PM by Sunset »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2017, 12:50:28 PM »
When have all the Mane Six all been offered as Fashion Styling ponies at the same time?  Usually two or three of them are offered concurrently, plus maybe a Princess Cadence, Luna, or Celestia, plus maybe a random pony or two (Royal Ribbon etc).

The nice thing about this set is that parents can grab all six ponies at once without paying scalper prices on eBay or hunting from store to store.  Yeah, some kids already have some FS ponies.  But some kids don't have any.  And some kids are young enough that they are entirely new to MLP and don't have any toy ponies yet.

Right now Applejack is seven times as expensive as Pinkie Pie on eBay, because a) AJ hasn't been in as many FS sets and b) AJ is shortpacked when she IS included.   Having all the ponies packed together lessens this issue.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2017, 01:21:24 PM »
That's right Sunset and LadyMoondancer but, in this case you also do get one rare accessory:  Applejack's hat!  What a bonus.

All this discussion is making me want one.  Who knows, maybe I'm temporarily rich when I see it or if it goes on sale when I'm not broke....I miiiight just get them.

I got two Power Ponies at thrift and they are really different than the lose FSs.  All together in the box you don't really see how different they are.  I don't know about the other big multi-sets but I think the ponies are probably different enough to make each of them in the sets uniquely collectible but like I said above, I don't mind having 10 Pinkys etc and I actually am missing quite a few of the FSes now I think about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal