collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fidget Spinners?  (Read 12326 times)

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Fidget Spinners?
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2017, 04:07:20 AM »
I understand why they exist, but not why they're suddenly a fad among people who don't need them. Especially since I didn't see them around before, even in contexts where they'd actually be relevant. I have a tendency to fiddle with whatever's near me, and when I realized that the only way to get that under control would be to get items specifically for that purpose, I looked at a few blogs specifically about fidget toys so I'd know what's available. I saw pretty much no spinners there. And now they're suddenly everywhere? It's weird.

I have one lying around somewhere but I'll probably never use it. I prefer Tangles and Fash'ems (which are pretty much silent).
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2017, 03:26:09 PM »
I read on the internet that Germany is tossing these in the trash and, I guess they are not going to allow them in that country?  I am not sure if it is true or not but, I knew it was a matter of time before they got pulled from shelves somewhere due to the amount of kids that are already swallowing the magnets. Not good.  Someone in Germany that can verify what I read?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2017, 10:43:37 AM »
I was considering purchasing a fidget cube in order to keep myself distracted and not bite my nails, which is what i do when i'm stressed/bored. Do you think it is a good idea?

lostpony

« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2017, 06:58:44 PM »
Only if you don't plan to swallow the magnets, Dreamer!

I haven't mentioned but I have a habit of pulling out my eyebrow hair especially when I'm anxious.  My mom had the same habit especially when she was studying.

These are cheap (less than $10 us should be) so, no reason not to give it a try and see if it works for you.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2017, 02:51:06 PM »
I keep my cube in my pocket and have a habit of putting my hand in my pocket anyway so I've just been fiddling with it when I'm walking around. I find it relaxing but I've not been in any stressful situations yet.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2017, 05:27:15 PM »
As someone who stresses out a lot and can never concentrate in class, I first thought these were interesting. But then everyone in school had them, which became annoying, and after trying one out myself, I wasn't amused and it didn't seem to help me in any way. Maybe it's different for everyone and it does work for some people, but they aren't my thing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal