collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anybody left that grew up with G1 ponies?  (Read 9042 times)

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
Re: Anybody left that grew up with G1 ponies?
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2017, 05:52:53 AM »
i can still remember the smel of a new pony :) lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2017, 07:39:17 AM »
Born in 1989. I remember when I was three I was diagnosed with type one diabetese. I was in hospital, when they discharged me from hospital one of the nurses brought me baby lemon drop as a going present along with a VHS copy of  My Little Pony Return of Tambelon.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »
Born in 1989. I remember when I was three I was diagnosed with type one diabetese. I was in hospital, when they discharged me from hospital one of the nurses brought me baby lemon drop as a going present along with a VHS copy of  My Little Pony Return of Tambelon.

That was so kind of her.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2017, 11:43:53 AM »
I still have my very first G1, Swirly Whirly.

Later I collected all the other Sundae Best ponies because I loved Swirly so much.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2017, 01:53:35 PM »
I still have my very first G1, Swirly Whirly.

Later I collected all the other Sundae Best ponies because I loved Swirly so much.

They are a very cute set.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2017, 06:56:14 AM »
Oh gosh, I loved my childhood MLPs.  I had a herd of about 20, but my brother had a collection too, so we shared a lot of each other's ponies.  All of my friends had them too.  We'd take them to school with us, and I remember giving them as gifts at birthday parties a few times.  I have the distinct memory of losing one of my baby ponies' yellow duck comb behind our car's back seat and crying for hours, lol.  Considering how much I loved those toys, you'd think I'd still have my childhood collection.  Unfortunately, they went missing when we were moving house, and I never got over it.  Once I started collecting again, I started with ponies that I remembered owning as a kid.  All these years later I still wonder where my poor ponies ended up. 

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2017, 09:39:15 AM »
*raises hand, jumps up and down* "Me, me, me!"

I grew up with G1 ponies. I was born in 1985, so by the time I was old enough to remember it was nearing the end of G1. But I do have some memories of seeing G1s in stores and my parents buying them for me, and unwrapping ponies as birthday or Christmas gifts. I also have memories of seeing some ponies in garage sales, even back then. I remember my childhood collection vividly because I played with them all the time! I even had a G1 themed birthday party one year, I'll have to see if I can dig up the photos some time. I also remember watching the cartoon on TV and renting the movie & the specials from Blockbuster. I had G1 sheets, a G1 game, and a few G1 plushies. The game & the plushies are actually all I have left from my childhood collection, my mom gave all my ponies and playsets away when she decided I was "too old" for ponies.

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Livia

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »
I still have all 17 of my childhood G1 ponies. Cotton Candy (I think year 1) was my first pony.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2017, 11:04:18 AM »
I did! I lost my own ponies but my sister kept a lot of hers and shared them with me the other year.

She gave me Braided Beauty, Gypsy and Wildflower and her Perufme Puff Palace.

My life is very lacking in mesh bows!

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2017, 04:37:02 PM »
I love reading stories like these...it’s all just so sweet! I grew up durig G3 so I really don’t have any stories to tell but if it helps, the first G1 that came into my collection is SS Surprise.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2017, 05:50:02 PM »
I have quite a few of my childhood ponies, including a set of twins, one of them was played with so much I lost their  tail .I did give them a new one, and they have super frizzy hair, but hey they are mine.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2017, 07:13:22 PM »
I grew up with them! I have lots of very good memories with them! I remember being so excited when my mom went shopping and I got to come with! Be it Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Pamida or Alco! I would run right back to the toy isle and droll over them all! I saw so many that I wanted! I was lucky enough to get a few time to time. Most of the time I had to choice between a pony of food so I picked food! I was pretty sad when the G1 came to an end and the G2 started to show up in the stores. I just was not a big fan of there skinny little bodies.

I also had an aunt that was six years older then me. When she lost interest in her ponies she gave them to me. I was so excited! But I had a naughty streak come threw me and I gave all of my ponies a hair cut! Along with my cat, cousin and myself! LOL  Those ponies will be getting new hair pretty soon!

I asked for ponies for my birthday and did get some! I still remember those parties also! :)

My last few years of collecting G1 ponies I took very good care of them all. I still have them and with original curls in there hair also!

I will always love those G1 ponies! :)  <3 

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2017, 12:14:33 AM »
Yep! My first ponies were a whole bunch of G1s that were handed down from a totally awesome friend of the family, so those were the ones I grew up with and the toys I played with most. They frequently had some very strange adventures; it'd start out fairly normal with them putting on a concert or a talk show but Kid Logic crept into it and before you know it, there would be pony chaos on a grand scale. :P

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2017, 02:01:22 PM »
Yeah a senior citizen conversation....hahaha just kidding we are not that old. Sigh the G1 days. As a kid I was drowning in ponies. I loved them and that is all I wanted...even at 10. All but 10 went into a box to find a fate in my moms burn pile. So I am trying to find all the ones I gre up with. My only play set was the perm shop, I was talked out of that to donate it to a needy kid...sadly it was a family friend who played the heart strings of my mom and me. Sigh it was tossed out by the family friend...wow I have a tragic pony past...man you would think I would give up...fast forward to now....if I get time home alone, I break out some ponies and play with them like I did at 6 years old. Swirly Whirly was my special needs pony. She was like the friendliest and loving, but was not very smart. The babies always loved her, but the adult were afraid she would do something to them. She was lost in the fire....and I felt like I treated her like the adult ponies until I found her again....funny how one can feel guilty from their imagination of the past. I am stuck in my in laws basement so I don’t get much play time. My dream castle is in storage and I pray it is ok. I want to do more photo stories with them. One of the mod..Ringlets (I think) did amazing photo stories...I so loved them:)

Ok I better get off this rocking chair and be productive.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2017, 02:12:52 PM »
:) I grew up with G1 ponies and I'm lucky enough to still have my childhood collection :heart:

Love pkw xxx

Me too! :)

Post Merge: November 19, 2017, 02:39:03 PM

I was born in *coughs* 1975 *coughs* so erm...quite a bit older than some posters on here, lol!  :biggrin:

So yep, definitely grew up with G1. Got my first one, Applejack, when I was 8 and my second, Sunlight, after that. Sadly, at age 9 or 10, my parents deemed me "too old" for MLP and refused to buy me any more. And so, they languished in the attic until I left Uni...

When I did leave, I went straight back home and had a mooch about in the attic. Sure enough, there, at the bottom of a dusty old box, were AJ and Sunlight, still in perfect (almost) condition. They came down from the attic and have never been back there since.

Now I have my own home, I have an entire spare bedroom dedicated to ponies, so they live in there, along with the 400+ (approx) ponies I now have as an adult collector.

But, it all started with Applejack... :heart: :heart: :heart:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 02:39:03 PM by applejackbunny »
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal