collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ebay refund but the item arrived, how to proceed * mlpmacimcatnoir2016_1*  (Read 3988 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: ebay refund but the item arrived, how to proceed
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 01:49:30 PM »
Personally I think you should post their username here if they don't pay.  I don't want to sell to them if they aren't going to be fair to sellers.

I agree. If they keep both the item and the money and give you nothing then that's stealing. And if they are willing to steal from a seller in this transaction then that says something about their likelihood to take advantage of other sellers and buyers in future transactions.

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 02:15:36 PM »
Yeah, you should ask for the money back, and that's all. If the sent wasn't that long you will have your money for selling stuff, in this case as everything ended well for the buyer, there's no reasons you wouldn't have your money as initial :lookround:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 03:01:44 PM »
Last year I fell prey to what later turned out to be a scammer on a grand scale.

After weeks of excuses and false tracking numbers, I called ebay about a potential scam and received a refund.

When I asked ebay customer service how I should proceed in case the item should reach me after all (basically, I wanted to know how to refund the refund :P), they told me that I should do nothing about it and simply keep both the refund and the item. 

Now, I obviously didn't think this to be fair, and I wouldn't have kept both the item and the refund, however, I'm wondering whether your buyer might have received the same advise from ebay? :(

Btw, the difference between my case and yours is that I was refunded by ebay - not by the seller.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:06:44 PM by Libelle »

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 03:20:01 PM »
I will update with a user name if I don't hear anything in a week or so. Libelle like you said I really think ebay wont do anything, all they will care about is they got paid there fees in which they did. I will properly just let the whole thing go cause I just cant be bothered with dramas just wondering if there was a process on how to proceed with things like this. Just live and learn I guess

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 04:08:58 PM »
But I hope you at least get what you asked for.  I actually hope they pay you the full amount, as I feel it is deserved.

Personally I think you should post their username here if they don't pay.  I don't want to sell to them if they aren't going to be fair to sellers.

I will properly just let the whole thing go cause I just cant be bothered with dramas just wondering if there was a process on how to proceed with things like this

I agree with everything said above. I dearly wish that you will receive some of your money back, because I really think it isn't fair that you should be out of everything. I wouldn't want to do business with that person either. And I can totally relate, conflict and drama over ebay transactions make me feel awful, and I just want them to go away.  :hug:

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 10:10:07 AM »
Has this been resolved nhal039? In case not, I'd also be interested in knowing the person's username.
It's a shame she seemed to be a nice partner to deal with, and then this happens. To be honest I don't understand why she only contacted you to tell you the pony has arrived, not mentioning a thing about repaying, as if a refund never took place :blink: I, like many others here, would have immediately suggested to repay, in the same message which I confirmed the arrival of the item to the seller.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 11:59:15 AM »
Sorry i havent updated the post. I will add her user name asap. I never heard from her again after she messaged to say she got the pony which is disapointing considering she was messaging weekly before hand. Once money was meantioned she disappeared completely

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 12:34:35 PM »
Please share the ID to warn others!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 12:35:25 PM »
This is very unfortunate news.  What a shame this person has handled things this way. 

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
 mlpmacimcatnoir2016_1 was the buyer

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
WOW! That is sad! Why are so many people like this is!

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
That sucks.  Did you ever try just sending her a paypal invoice?  That worked for me in the past.  :hug:
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline pamelad798

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
  • If you can be one thing BE KIND
    • View Profile
Re: ebay refund but the item arrived, how to proceed * mlpmacimcatnoir2016_1*
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 08:25:02 AM »
I bought a pony from a seller in Poland on Ebay and she said it would take 3 to 4 weeks and it would get to me before we left on our vacation (It was to be a birthday gift for our daughter to take with us). It didn't arrive by that time and I had a neighbour checking my mail for us while we were away. It was about 7 weeks and still no item, so I messaged the seller and let them know that it still had not arrived and if I could be refunded and that if it did arrive I would gladly send the money back. She refunded my money that day and about a week later it did arrive, so it was about 8 to 8.5 weeks. It was my first experience ever ordering from Poland, so now I know sometimes it can take 7 or 8 weeks for packages to arrive here to Canada. Immediately after it arrived I messaged her and asked for her PayPal email and I sent the money back to her right away.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal