collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK PonyCon 2017 - Bristol - Sat 21 Oct - Sun 22 Oct  (Read 1563 times)

Offline FlickaFriend

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
Re: UK PonyCon 2017 - Bristol - Sat 21 Oct - Sun 22 Oct
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2017, 03:59:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi FlickaFriend!! Welcome to the madhouse ;)

Yup, there's always a couple of things for kids to do :) It is more of a "collector event with things for the kids to do" than a "kid-based event with some stuff for the collectors" (if that makes sense.. I'm terrible at explaining things) but yes kids are welcome at PonyCon :) Others can probably answer that sort of stuff better than me though.

Oh, and no, there isn't anything unsavoury there, that sort of stuff isn't allowed :)

Thanks Carrehz, that completely makes sense.

So what kinds of things happen at this event in general?  I've been to vintage VW events which is probably the closest comparison - is it similar? For example, do you have collection displays to ooh and aah over, and stalls where you can buy stuff? Competitions for customs?

Can anyone give me a description of what happens?

Thanks!!!
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2017, 11:22:31 AM »
Yes, yes and yes :) All that you just mentioned will be there. There are several competitions differ from cosplay until "how many things in a jar". Pinch the parcel is an annual event. An auction to raise money for charity. There are usually panels.
What else happens, you get to meet nice people :) And not just from the UK.

Offline FlickaFriend

• Captain Jack Pony
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2017, 01:02:48 PM »
Awesome. Thank you.
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline FlickaFriend

• Captain Jack Pony
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2017, 03:56:39 PM »
Bought my family ticket for Saturday at PonyCon 2017  :cold: :newpony: :happy:
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Archer

• *MLP Convention Staff*
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2017, 09:42:00 PM »
Glad you're coming Flickafriend :D It is a really good weekend ^_^

And bright rabbit 1, Northampton is a lot closer to Bristol than where i'm coming from :) It is worth the trip :)
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[IMG]
Art Commissions are currently OPEN including anime art ^_^ PM me for details ^_^

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2017, 09:52:13 PM »
Glad you're coming Flickafriend :D It is a really good weekend ^_^

And bright rabbit 1, Northampton is a lot closer to Bristol than where i'm coming from :) It is worth the trip :)

It also depends on modes of transport, though, and whether you have access to them. I can get to Bristol from London but if I was at home I probably couldn't because the train connections are a lot less reliable. Unfortunately there is never going to be a perfect location for everyone, which is why it's good that it moves around. Although I have to admit that I would have preferred the midlands, as then I would have been able to have a stall this year. Oh well! Maybe next time ;)
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks to Nence for Wistful Taffeta!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login|You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • MOC Mimic
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2017, 01:46:01 PM »
I'm going this year! I really truly can't wait. The last one I went to was Cardiff in 2013, I was very pregnant and had my son less than a week afterwards. This time I am hoping not to be a bloated, nauseous mess!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket!

Offline FlickaFriend

• Captain Jack Pony
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2017, 07:10:16 AM »
I'm going this year! I really truly can't wait. The last one I went to was Cardiff in 2013, I was very pregnant and had my son less than a week afterwards. This time I am hoping not to be a bloated, nauseous mess!

Hi Gingerbread, are you bringing your son?
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 07:54:15 AM »
I'm going :)and charmers coming to :D

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • MOC Mimic
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2017, 12:20:24 PM »

Hi Gingerbread, are you bringing your son?

No, not this year, he doesn't really have much interest in ponies so he is going to his Nannas for the day, lots of cake and being spoilt, much more exciting for him!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
I'm looking forward to this year. Though there's a chance I might be a completely braindead zombie (more than usual I mean) as I may have to be in Paris the two days immediately before Ponycon on an academic thing. Which if it happens will mean a late evening Eurostar back to London on the 20th and then an early train to Bristol on the 21st. Fortunately my sister is coming with on the Saturday, so hopefully she will point me towards the right bus ;)

Also, is anyone at ponycon likely to be selling deflocks this year? Sister keeps trying to steal my brazilian Paradise, so I promised we'd look out for a deflocked one for her as it's more in her price range...
Thanks to Nence for Wistful Taffeta!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login|You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login