collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is the Hatchimals craze over? Did I miss out?  (Read 995 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Is the Hatchimals craze over? Did I miss out?
« on: March 20, 2017, 01:03:05 PM »
I just thought today that I'd like to get a Hatchimal for Easter, but they were a Christmas toy and I'm a bit stumped about where to find one without paying crazy eBay prices.

I'd really love the green Draggle. I had actually kind of hoped that some kids had already own bored and parents might be selling them loose on eBay. I don't mind not having the egg hatching experience if I can gurentee I get the colour I want, but no luck finding that either.

Sigh, anyone know what silly little me could do to get my hands on a green Draggle?  :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Hatchimals craze over? Did I miss out?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »
I saw them at TRU the other day lol

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 01:39:28 PM »
I don't think you know what they are exactly until they hatch there is one of two choices in each egg. I was unable to find one in time for Christmas much to my daughter's chagrin but about a week afterwards I found one at Target which I have set aside for Easter. I've seen them a few times since then, mostly at Walmart remember to check Best Buy too as my husband mentioned seeing them there recently as well.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 02:05:43 PM »
I've seen TONS at Target. I don't think you should have a problem finding one :)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Hatchimals craze over? Did I miss out? (Tell me about them?)
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 06:54:35 PM »
Unfortunately none of the big name stores here in Australia even have them listed on their websites anymore.
But the fact that they're still around in the US gives me hope that maybe we're just waiting for a new shipment? I'll have to ask someone next time I'm in a speciality toy store.

I did find an online store I could buy from but it's pretty pricey.

Does anyone have a Hatchimal they could tell me about? I never owned a Furby as a child but always thought the concept was charming. Are they worth the money, do they last the test of time as a virtual pet that engages the owner for years? Or is it more of a kid thing that an adult will tire of without more interactivity?
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 10:26:43 PM »
They're still around. They didn't have enough made for Christmas, they didn't know they'd be so popular so didn't produce enough for the demand. But they are easier to find now but still sell fast. I found a few in February at Toys R Us and bought one for my nephew. Then saw a ton a week or 2 later at the same Toys R Us, like at least 20 of them. Then last week I found 3 at Walmart and got one for my son for his birthday. My son only opened his yesterday and it seems fun, much better than a furby in my opinion. Even as an adult I enjoyed the hatching process. Both my son and nephew got a blue Draggle. I was hoping my son would get the green one so they would be different, oh well. Anyway, keep checking your stores. They seem to sell pretty fast but they are restocking them and have added a few different kinds. I'm not sure if they have codes for the different colors or not but here is the code that was on our Blue Draggle's box. It's a Canadian box so codes might be different per country.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 10:57:47 PM »
I saw a full stock at Target yesterday, 10 or so at least.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal