collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your Moondreamers!  (Read 3475 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Show me your Moondreamers!
« on: February 24, 2017, 12:59:52 PM »
Hi ponies,

I never had Moondreamers as a child and didn't see the cartoon either, but this hasn't stopped me from falling in love with them :P

I've got Roary, Ursa Major, Ursa Minor and Crystal Star (her hair has faded to blonde) :heart:

I'd love to see your Moondreamers collections :D

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your Moondreamers!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 01:18:30 PM »
My Moon Dreamers are currently in storage, due to lack of space so I can't share pictures but I do have the big purple Moon Dreamers Central (I forget the real name of it) and Roary and Ursa Major and I think six of the dolls.  Most of the dolls were found at thrift shops.  I only had two to play with growing up and I'd have to look them up to tell you which ones they are.  One had pink hair (I think she was supposed to be the leader) and the other one was smaller and blonde.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 03:35:41 PM »
I love the Moondreamers!  I love the playsets too- especially "Starry up"

Here is a picture of some of my loose stuff- my big sets are way too big so are being stored at my sister's house, alas

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

At some point I discovered Stefanie Eskander the "sample maker" (the one who makes the actual prototypes)  for the 2nd year Moondreamers dolls (the ones that didn't actually make it out)- these ones:

She is super nice!  She also designed "Moonglow" for the Rainbow Brite series, and the Lama from Jem-

She shared with me this photo of her desk from those days- on it was a toy she designed that never made it to production for the Moondreamers line- it was called the "Cosmic Cafe"- neat isn't it!  (she doesn't have the sample- it is just a picture of her desk back when she worked on it)   sadly, she hasn't seen any of the 2nd year Moondreamers dolls since back in the day when she worked on them.  SO SAD!  I guess it is rare for sample makers to have their own samples...

Offline Cin77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:00:14 PM »
I have a couple! none of the dolls unfortunately but I have a long eared thing and  a round thing with a propeller on its head.

I loved the dolls as a kid but not for very long so I dont really remember much about them except that they come with jewellery that kicked off a life long love of aurora borealis coloured crysatals for me

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 04:50:28 PM »
These are lovely. I'm sometimes tempted by them. I'd love to have Whimzee and Ursa Major and those egg thingies with the flashlight that work for Queen Scowlene. What are they called again?

Post Merge: February 25, 2017, 04:51:42 PM

Here is a picture of some of my loose stuff- my big sets are way too big so are being stored at my sister's house, alas

At some point I discovered Stefanie Eskander the "sample maker" (the one who makes the actual prototypes)  for the 2nd year Moondreamers dolls (the ones that didn't actually make it out)- these ones:

She is super nice!  She also designed "Moonglow" for the Rainbow Brite series, and the Lama from Jem-

She shared with me this photo of her desk from those days- on it was a toy she designed that never made it to production for the Moondreamers line- it was called the "Cosmic Cafe"- neat isn't it!  (she doesn't have the sample- it is just a picture of her desk back when she worked on it)   sadly, she hasn't seen any of the 2nd year Moondreamers dolls since back in the day when she worked on them.  SO SAD!  I guess it is rare for sample makers to have their own samples...

I'm loving the Rabbit and Peacock! :thumb: :wow:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »
Pokey that's a shame they are in storage, it sounds like you have a great collection ^.^

Galactica you have a wonderful collection and those MIB! I've seen those catalogue images before ^.^ I love those other animals, the rabbit and goat! The cosmic cafe looks super sweet, thank you for sharing that :heart:

Love pkw xxx

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 04:03:38 PM »
Oh I LOVE Moondreamers! I had Crystal Starr as a child and my sister had Bitsy and Roary. I have them now since she doesn't collect. I don't have any pics since they are in storage. I will be working on collecting these once I finish my strawberry Shortcake collection.  :biggrin:

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 07:59:06 AM »

Wow did she have any other prototype pics?

Here is my collection (sorry for blurry picture LOL):

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:19:25 AM by apanda0622 »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 11:08:47 AM »
Your collection is so cute apanda ^.^

Are there any variants of any of the Moondreamers? :)

Love pkw xxx

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 12:27:27 PM »
Re question way above- those "egg" looking critters with the flash lights are called "Sleep Creeps"  - they're super cute... flocked all over just like a So Soft pony (Dozers are the hippo looking guys)

There are just a few variants-  apparently somewhere in the UK, some Moondreamer dolls may have come on blister packages rather than in boxes.  I've never actually seen one.

There is ONE variant doll known- it is Blinky (who usually has pink pigtails) who comes with BLUE curly hair like Whimzee instead.  I THINK I discovered the first one (back when ebay was new) on the UK ebay.  Since then, she has popped up several more times, which makes me think that some country somewhere must have released a batch of them this way.  Pretty clearly a factory mistake- (or possibly they were made at the end of the series when Hasbro ran out of pink hair and just used blue to use up the leftovers- they did something like that with various Jem dolls so why not MOondreamers?)

There are some pictures of her on the now defunct moondust4moondreamers- site- (not my site but I donated the pictures SO long ago).  It was so long ago that I actually got those pictures with a SCANNER (yes that is how we did it back then kids, lol)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 01:25:17 PM »
I collect Moondreamers, but mine are all in boxes right now. I also have the cartoon on DVD! Sorry I can't post the link where you can buy it, since it's technically a bootleg (but a really high quality one!).

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 04:16:43 PM »
I collect Moondreamers, but mine are all in boxes right now. I also have the cartoon on DVD! Sorry I can't post the link where you can buy it, since it's technically a bootleg (but a really high quality one!).

I have a bootleg DVD too lol

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 01:17:36 PM »
Ringwraith ive watched some of the cartoons on YouTube :) they are cute!

Galactica thank you for sharing :heart: I too remember when people scanned stuff :P I recall how it could appear to alter colours too. That Blinky is sweet with blue hair. It would hardly surprise me if she was either a factory fluff up or that they ran out of pink hair :P

Love pkw xxx

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 02:28:09 PM »
I'm not an avid collector but I do have a few :) including the UK ver of Blinky:

(sorry for the blurry photo! ^^;)

They're very sweet, I love the animals in particular! I'd love to get Ursa Minor and Galaxia (I think that's her name?) one day :) I wish they'd made those prototype animals.. omg and the Cosmic Cafe looks so cool, I've never seen that before! Thanks for sharing Galactica :)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 01:09:59 PM »
Thank you for sharing that picture Carrehz :) you have got the blue haired Blinky!

Love pkw xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal