collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 88871 times)

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno
« Reply #1350 on: August 09, 2017, 01:08:00 PM »
WHAT!? Where do you live!? Because they're supposed to only be in Australia!!! Not even from eggs anymore!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #1351 on: August 09, 2017, 04:39:42 PM »
WHAT!? Where do you live!? Because they're supposed to only be in Australia!!! Not even from eggs anymore!

I'm in the UK, which is what confused me as I thought you could only get them from either eggs or if you where in Australia.

My friend caught one too she said they were everywhere in town the next day.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 11, 2017, 02:53:52 PM »

I'm in the UK, which is what confused me as I thought you could only get them from either eggs or if you where in Australia.

My friend caught one too she said they were everywhere in town the next day.

Love pkw xxx
Yeah, if you're in certain European cities or within a forty-mile radius of them, you can find Kangaskhans and Unowns (E, U, R, O, and P Unowns to spell "Europe") right now :). I forget when this event ends, but it's Niantic's apology for cancelling Europe's Safari Zone events that were supposed to happen in Unibail Rodamco malls. Interesting things happening worldwide right now -- in Japan, they've just released shiny Pikachu as part of Pikachu Outbreak. I hope that's available worldwide soon!

Have you guys been doing any raids? I'm hoping to catch a Zapdos before it stops appearing sometime Monday. My sister and I found groups to raid with for Lugia, Moltres, and Articuno when we were at home, but currently we're on vacation in an area that doesn't have a very active POGO Facebook group or Discord server and finding people has been like pulling teeth. On the positive side, I found a shiny Magikarp here on the beach :) I took an AR picture of it by the sea, of course.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 12, 2017, 03:29:29 PM »
Congrats on the shiny Magikarp :)

That's why then thank you Haruna! I'm in one of those cities ^.^

I've not caught or seen a wild Unknown (yet), but now I understand what the letters are :P as I've seen them in gyms.

I did join a raid and FAILED miserably, my poor Pokemon all fainted.i didn't really have time to try more as I had an appointment.

Love pkw xxx

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 12, 2017, 05:20:39 PM »
I got an  Unknown and evolve magikarp and dragonair.

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 14, 2017, 07:11:59 PM »
Congratulations on the awesome catches everyone.

I don't get to join raids often. But the other day I was just in time to join a group on a Zapdos raid. Not only did we beat it, but I caught Zapdos too!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 15, 2017, 01:55:59 PM »
I had given up hope of getting any of the legendary birds because I don't have anybody around here to battle with. But according to a post Pokemon made on Instagram, the birds have been extended to Aug 31st. That means all of them will still be around this weekend while I'm at Gen Con. Sold out gaming convention = lots of people playing Pokemon Go!

sailorstitch

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 15, 2017, 11:25:08 PM »
So they've came up with this:
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/exclusiveraids

I think it's a horrible idea. It can be hard enough to find enough active players to fight the birds. On top of needing a large number of people, they will have to have succeeded in a raid on that specific gym recently. That alone is a small pool of people, who will quickly drop down as time goes by from either having caught one already or lost interest in going through the hoops needed to fight it.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 16, 2017, 12:20:31 AM »
.... oh. *sadface* I haven't been able to beat a single raid.... there's never anyone around when I'm in the area a raid is going on.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 16, 2017, 05:41:36 PM »
I think this is an awful idea. The only time I really get to partake in raids is on the weekend when I'm visiting my friend in Cleveland. There's only one gym near my house, but it's not close enough for me to see if raid battles are goijng on when I'm at home. And I don't know anyone that lives near me that plays. :pout:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 19, 2017, 01:41:57 PM »
I've finally hatched a Cleffa and few other of the baby Pokemon :heart:

Love pkw xxx

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 21, 2017, 02:26:25 PM »
Pokemon Go at GenCon was amazing! I got to do three raids. Each one had around 30-50 people at it! I caught Lugia, but Zapdos and Articuno got away. I really wanted Articuno, but Lugia is my second favorite.

Best part, the day I battled Lugia and Zapdos I was cosplaying as Jessie from Team Rocket!

sailorstitch

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 21, 2017, 05:16:24 PM »
I haven't done a single raid yet! :blush: No legendaries for me! Maybe someday, I hope!

I recently set up my pokemon at a gym, though! They've changed the coinage system around - it used to be you got an automatic 10 coins for putting your poke in a gym, no matter how long they stayed. Now, it's time-based! I had a Venusaur stay in a gym for something like 10 hours, which netted me 50 coins! Unfortunately, I had a pokemon sent back to me after only an hour (it was a popular gym in Disneyland, they cycle through REALLY fast there!), and I only got around 5, if I remember correctly. So, good and bad - if you can babysit a gym and keep feeding your battler berries, maybe you can earn a ton of coins!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 25, 2017, 08:27:11 PM »
Congrats on your Lugia, sailorstitch, and your Cleffa, Pinkkittywinks! :) Yeah, Snapdragon, I can't decide if I like this gym system or the old one better. At least the spoofers in my town vanished after the new gym system was set in place.

Tomorrow, my sister, mom, and I are going to the bigger city next to us to look for furniture, and it's the perfect excuse to play Pokémon Go. Where we live is mostly a grass and water biome so I'm excited to take them to an area that has much more variety -- fire, ground, electric, and much more. We started Mom on Pokémon over vacation, and she has a level 8 account. It's cute to watch her throwing Pokeball after Pokeball at the mons she finds. She hasn't chosen a team yet because she feels torn between my sister and I (we're on different teams :P). One day she told she caught a "bunny-eared" one, and after guessing Eevee, Nidoran, etc., we finally realized she meant Sentret. Duh!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 29, 2017, 11:31:11 AM »
I've done a few legendary raids, but I have crap luck and haven't caught one yet. I hope they make it so that there are other ways to run into legendaries. I'm still not a huge fan of the new raid system, since I work from 9 until 4 during the week. That seems to be when most raids are going on.

I finally got a Porygon today! It hatched from a 10K egg, and I was sure it would be another Skarmory or something I already have. :pout:

I also bit the bullet and bought a Pokemon Go Plus. It's pretty neat, and since I still play the game daily, it was worth it. I went to an amusement park over the weekend, let the game run in the background on my phone and the Go Plus tracked enough of my distance that I was able to hatch 10 eggs in the 8 hours that I was at the park!

I think Gen 3 is on the horizon! They found files for 135 new species during a recent data mine! I'm excited because a few of my friends said they'll get back into the game once Gen 3 is released, so I'll finally have other people to play with aside from my husband.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal