collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ledbyrd & Ladybastilla's private Birthday/Valentine's Day Swap Brag!  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
At the beginning of February, the lovely Ladybastilla and I decided to embark on another private swap (we have had many...lol). She has become a great friend of mine here on the Arena and we have so much fun sending surprise boxes back and forth. So when she mentioned that her birthday was in February and she wanted to swap I was all for it. I sent her a birthday themed box and she sent me a Valentine's Day themed box. This is our group brag thread. Here are my goodies!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

All of the amazing presents! It's like Christmas or your birthday when you get to open this many packages. It's one of my favorite things about swaps :)

Delicious Valentine's treats! I am loving the Tim Tams. I hadn't tried those before. The Reese's candies barely lasted two days :lol:

Super fun stickers and extras. Ladybastilla and I are both working on Smashbooks so she sent me a few Smash items to use in mine. And that Unicorn Rescue Kit is the cutest thing ever!!!!

Ladybastilla is always sweet and includes something for my oldest daughter (who always watches me open my swap boxes). She loves Shopkins and stickers so this was a big hit! (sorry for the blurry pic)

And last but not least, three gorgeous ponies! I was blown away when I opened NSS Magic Star. She is a pony that I thought it would be hard to get. She's so amazing! And Lickety Split and Love Melody are super pretty. They really fit the Valentine's Day theme too :heart:

Thank you so much for another amazing swap Ladybastilla. Your boxes never disappoint. You put so much thought and care into them and it really shows!!!

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ledbyrd & Ladybastilla's private Birthday/Valentine's Day Swap Brag!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 04:54:40 AM »
Omg! So pretty! I'm almost 40 but I would have loved those lol :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 06:00:21 AM »
Awesome box! Congrats!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 08:29:06 AM »
Gorgeous ponies! What a super box ~ congrats!
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 10:18:20 AM »
Aww, what a cute box :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 09:22:01 PM »
This is the 3rd private swap Ledbyrd and I have done. I was looking for a birthday swap partner and she mentioned she was looking for a Valentine partner during one of our messages. I had just seen the NSS Magic Star for sale, so I suggested that we swap again and she thought that was a great idea. Now that you've seen her box--which was for Valentines--here's my birthday box since my birthday is two days after that.

I didn't get a chance to photograph the wrapped gifts. The box was packed tight and by the time I'd opened it up I was having trouble holding the box and the camera at the same time. :lol: There were gifts in two key types of paper, though: pink Disney Princess paper for my stuff, and pink and white striped paper that had stuff for my mom. We sent Ledbyrd and her family some goodies around Christmas and she sent some stuff here for mom as well.

That said, I can show you some cute birthday decorations that were in the box:

My lovely birthday card, which has a cute picture of Belle:

Here are the treats sent for my mom: Lindt chocolates, Haribo Gold Bears and Real Fruit Gummies.

Next up we have all the treats Ledbyrd sent me:

Vanilla Cupcake Goldfish, since it is impossible to safely send a cake in a swap box. These were pretty neat. They had a lovely sweet vanilla flavor and went nicely with some Earl Grey.

A giant Kinder Surprise egg. I don't have a picture of it here (hadn't had it yet when I photographed this stuff) but I got an Elsa figure which is pretty cool since I collect her. :) This was actually too much for me by myself--I shared it with my brother. (To Ledbrd: the one who always eats my chocolate. :lol: )

Cute little fruit candies called Fruitella. These remind me of Starbursts, but the ones I got inside were lemon flavored and taste like a mix between good quality lemonade or my grandma's lemon pie filling. I like lemon flavor when it's done well, so these were (well *are*--I'm eating one now) really good.

I also got some lovely Valentine themed Piurdys chocolates. I've eaten the chocolate heart, and still have the white heart left. My brother grabbed one of the packages and the other is still here. The Hello Kitty valentine is adorable and I'm going to keep the little pouch the treats came in since it's cute.

Mmmm... Mike & Ikes. These were the first candies that got opened when the box got here. They are one of mom and my favorites, so I'm lucky I had time to take a photo! :lol:

These aren't food, but they were included for when I get an actual cake. They didn't get here for my birthday, but that's okay because my grandmother made a cake and that was the weekend before. These will either get used by my mom and I next weekend, or they'll be held onto to celebrate 8 years when my boyfriend visits later this spring.

Next are some cute crafting / smashbook supplies:

First are some lovely new washi tapes. Two of these are Disney Princess themed, and the other is pink and green and seems like it'll be great if I end up doing a birthday box for someone in the future.

Some really cute pink and purple stick-on flower gems. Haven't decided quite what I will do with these yet, but I have a few ideas in mind.

And here are some SmashBook items. I'm having fun planning where I'll put the different themed pages in the Entertainment pad, and I'm excited to try out the stamp and ink.

There were also some (more) lovely Disney items:

Lovely Beauty and the Beast stickers that will likely end up on the same page in my smashbook as the birthday card I showed earlier in this post.

A scented pen in a bottle. This one has Belle on it and its lemon scented.

An adorable Elsa Pocket Pop! :)

...And the cutest Disgust figure for my growing collection. :heart: I've been looking for this one for a while. I'm keeping it boxed for now, but if I end up getting the rest of this set I'll have to open her to see how she works.

Last but not least there were some MLP goodies:

First up is a drawing from Ledbyrd's daughter. I pretty much always send a toy or stickers for her, and she likes sending artwork, which is adorable. :)

Some really neat MLP socks. I have a strong suspicion mom's gonna be trying to borrow these. My mother loves quirky socks with unique designs. :lol:

Sweetheart Sister Twinkler. I absolutely love her colors. With the yellow and gold theme, she looks as if someone took Belle and turned her into an MLP--which is funny since this pony was out before Beauty and the Beast was released. I've wanted her for a while and she's even more gorgeous in person than she was in photos.

And keeping with the birthday theme, the other pony Ledbyrd chose was SS Cupcake. I am confident that I can take much better care of an SS pony now than I could at 4 or 5. I was very excited to open her--she's in my top three SS ponies along with Shady (first pony) and Crumpet (tea pony!). She's currently sitting with Up, Up and Away. I figured the cupcake pony and the balloon pony would go well together. :lol:

My table is too little for a group shot of all this, but here is a picture of my two new ponies together:

Ledbyrd, thanks so much for yet another lovely box. :) I always have a blast putting boxes together for you and opening those you spend time putting together for me. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed all your goodies--and that you finally got to try the TimTams. :) (I still can't believe a store here is carrying them!!) Doing this swap was definitely one of the highlights of my birthday. MY family got me nice things, but none of my loved ones are good at picking gifts as a surprise. it was fun not knowing what would be inside, but (of course) knowing I would like what was there. :lol: :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal