collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I have never been in this situation before  (Read 1122 times)

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I have never been in this situation before
« on: March 22, 2014, 03:16:40 PM »
This is my situation. I have the chance to buy a puppet that was used in my favorite show growing up. (spacevets and cartoon critters) I doubt anyone has heard of them as they are bbc and from the early ninties.

The problem is I go from 'not sure if I want to buy it' to 'so happy I have this chance' several times a minute. He is called dogsbody and he is an animatronic puppet who is roughly 105 cm tall. Ony 35 where made and I doubt they where sold to the public.

I should be happy but at the moment I don't feel it. I have tried listening to my heart but I still don't know. If I tell the seller no will I then regret it?
Also I know that space in my room is limited and I will have to let some things go eventually.

Dogsbody is such a great character and I would be able to say that I have one. A piece of cbbc history from the time when the bbc made great childrens tv and didn't import from america. (I have  nothing against american tv but I don't like the way childrens tv has been heading over the past few years)

Somthing tells me that the reason I can't make up my mind is due to the aspergers rearing its ugly obsessional little head and trying to stress me out by messing with me. Sometimes I really wish I was normal. Just for a day or two so I knew what it felt like.

Anyway to summerize my wafflings.. Dogsbody: to buy or not to buy.
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
Re: I have never been in this situation before
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 03:32:22 PM »
If you have the money go for it and grab the figure, the worst that can happen is you lose some money. "Lose", you actually pay for the experience of having it in your own hands and having the chance to figure out how happy it makes you, or not.

If money is not a problem and you have the chance to get something that rare (only 35 pieces in the world), why not? Go for it and think about the later problems, like space, later. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »
I am going to bump this over to Off Topic for you.  :heart: PL
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 04:50:21 PM »
If you have the money and that won't be a problem, I say go for it. If you realize you don't really want it or that you REALLY don't have space, you could likely sell it later!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 09:39:30 AM »
Go for it!

sailorstitch

Offline tornadoe

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 10:41:52 AM »
ok big update. I emailed the person who made and operated him and the thought it was a scam before saying that he may be genuine after all as she doesn't know how many where made. I did a google search and found that the seller had tried to sell doggy via gum tree and claimed that only three where made and he has no idea where the others are. Doggys creator said that the one she made is in salford in a glass case somwhere. SO in the past 24 hours the number of doggys made has gone from 35 to 8 to 3 and his status has gone from scam to maybe genuine but not sure. Also my mother is dead set against him being here as she thinks he is too big. I had told her that as the creator said he may be a scam I would not buy him but now my mind has changed again and I am thinking If he is genuine and there is only one other around then how the heck can I hide him from her.

If I take out storage under the assumption that my spare hutch will be going in then he can be smuggled into storage and kept safe until I have a better idea of what to do but my mind is still a rollercoster. The good news is that If I do buy him then as my mother is away till friday it will be safe for him to arrive and be thoroughly checked out before she comes back.

so much for a quiet weekend..

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 11:49:35 AM »
If you do purchase him will the creator be able to authenticate him in one way or the other?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 12:03:51 PM »
If you do purchase him will the creator be able to authenticate him in one way or the other?

That's the key point here... :(  I would definitely go for it if he is genuine, but is there any way to prove his authenticity?  A certificate, a signed document... 

Usually prop items produced for TV in small quantities would be accompanied by something like this - an auction site like Sotheby's or Christie's would absolutely insist on it. 

Find out and make your decision from there.  Best of luck!  I hope he is genuine, he sounds fascinating!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 01:19:51 PM »
Why does your mother not want you to have it? If you keep changing your mind, maybe your gut says not to get it?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline tornadoe

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 01:15:50 AM »
she believs he will take up too much space and she hates clutter.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 11:25:10 AM »
Humm...

It sounds like you might not want to get him afterall--you've been on the fence about it for a long while now.

That said, I wouldn't do anything until you know for sure hes real <3

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline duckie

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 12:53:40 PM »
I remember cartoon critters it was awesome! hope it works out, shame you couldn't get the poodle too :)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 02:05:51 PM »
You'll still be the show's biggest fan even if you decide not to buy it. :)
I'll put something here some time

Offline tornadoe

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 04:15:21 AM »
Mum and I sat down last night and talked. I say talked but she talked and I cried my heart out. Now it doesn't matter I I by doggy or not, she still eants me to move out. She says we are no longer compatable as she is a neat freak and I am normal. So All the time I have cleaned the house for when she gets home from work really was a waste of time as if she did appreciate it then she would still want me to live with her. She spent all of last night saying how I like clutter and mess ( I don't) and how my bed room upsets her. It is non of her business whether my room is spotless or messy as it MY ROOM!! but she is almost wanting it to. I can not understand why she is doing this to me. It is breaking my heart and it is all because of her refusal to relax a bit. My possesions never venture out of my room and I de clutter regularly but still it's not enough.

picture of dogsbody
http://s81.photobucket.com/user/trucklecrag/media/dogsbody1_zps79e64001.jpg.html?filters[user]=16210236&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0#/user/trucklecrag/media/dogsbody1_zps79e64001.jpg.html?filters%5Buser%5D=16210236&filters%5Brecent%5D=1&sort=1&o=0&_suid=1395746079766039840976587644483

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 07:58:56 AM »
I am sorry to hear that your mom is being that way to you. I grew up in a house that was the opposite as yours. My mom is a hoarder and it drove me crazy. I like to have things clean and neat. But I would never be like to my daughter. I know that she is not like me and likes to have things. There are many times when I go in her room and its just full of stuff! But I tell my self that its her room and I don't care as long as it stays in her room......LOL

I am sorry to hear about that and as for the puppet thing. If you can afford it and its the real deal go for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal