collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 30989 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #570 on: February 21, 2014, 07:09:50 PM »
honestly the more I look at that picture...
 :stunned:
the MORE I NEED Crystal Celestia.. NAO!!!

ahem... Yes.  Can't wait.
 :rolleyes:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 21, 2014, 07:26:50 PM »
Galactica - I get a forbidden page with this image links

So do I.
Forbidden for me too :/ try a new link perhaps?
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #572 on: February 21, 2014, 07:37:07 PM »
Galactica - I get a forbidden page with this image links

So do I.
Forbidden for me too :/ try a new link perhaps?
someone mentioned just select and c/p the url... it worked for some reason
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 21, 2014, 07:45:08 PM »
Where are you getting styling size Cadence from? Both of the ponies in that photo are Twilight.

Oh I thought it was Cadance too! But yeah, it looks like it was just a trick of the light, making the Twilight-out-of-the-box a different color than the Twilight-in-the-box. But the one that looks like Cadance has Twilight's crown and the exact same accessories.

With G4s you just need to look at the eyes pretty much, everyone has very distinct shapes and the loose giant pony has Twilight eyes. But I was confused for a moment too - the yellow strip in the hair and the pinkish lighting make her very Cadence-esque.

Post Merge: February 21, 2014, 11:15:39 PM

Finally got onto the computer, this is what my pony roundup currently looks like.

Spoiler
Rainbow Power (currently released)

“Rainbow tinsel” brushables – Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Princess Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash
Zoom n Go – Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash
Fantastic Flutters - Princess Cadance, Princess Twilight Sparkle
Fashion Style – Rarity
Fashion Style “Styling Strands” – Fluttershy
Flip & Whirl - Rainbow Dash
Pinkie Pie’s Rainbow Helicopter playset
W9 blind bags & assorted minifigure sets

Rainbow Power (coming soon)

“Rainbow dots” brushables – Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Holly Dash
Breezie Packs – Princess Twilight Sparkle & Sunset-Breezie, Fluttershy & Sea-Breezie, ??? and ???-Breezie
Snowglobe Ponies – Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, Princess Twilight Sparkle
Design-a-Pony – Princess Cadance
Fashion Style “Great Skates” – Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash (“GREAT SKATES” IS NOT AN OFFICIAL TITLE, JUST WHAT I’M PERSONALLY CALLING THEM)
Fashion Style “Styling Strands” – Rarity
Giant Styling Size – Rainbow Princess Twilight Sparkle
Princess Twilight Sparkle’s Rainbow Kingdom playset
W10 blind bags & assorted minifigure sets (?)

POP Ponies

Single packed – Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Zecora
Double packed – Princess Luna & Rarity, Princess Cadence & Princess Twilight Sparkle
Pinkie Pie & Sweet Shoppe playset

EQG Rainbow Rocks

Doll & Pony Rarity (currently released)
Doll & Pony Octavia, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash (coming soon)

Pony Mania

Brushable size – Princess Celestia, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Princess Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash

Talking Queen Chrysalis

EQG Doll & Pony – Photo Finish

Brand new brushable character tally - 3. Holly Dash as a single, Octavia and Photo Finish as EQG D&P sets. Kind of a let down. :huh:

I'm not counting on new EQG characters, Asagio etc., to turn up as ponies until I actually see them as protos or taobao finds. All of the box art for Rainbow Rocks dolls released thus far (basic/deluxe/stamper/singing/D&P) have rainbowfied pony vectors on them, so the pony version being on Asagio's box doesn't necessarily mean that she will have a brushable companion.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:16:02 PM by prancingstag »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 22, 2014, 06:05:06 PM »
I think I'll buy Holly Dash, the new brushables Octavia & Photo Finish (2nd hand, no way I'm EVER buying dolls retail) and the snow globe ponies. and that'll be it, unless I see BB's on sale someplace, then I'll grab a few, not a huge fan of those, but they're nice to have around.

Just like last year, I'll be buying lots of previous gens, and spending less than 2 minutes in the pony aisle when I could be bothered visiting. It took them so long to get Sunset Shimmer over here that even she isn't flying off shelves, everyone got her online, unlike the Trixie wave which was released so quickly here and all the collectors and scalpers grabbed them up like crazy. MLP seems to be dying a slow and painful death here - retailers are taking too long to get them on shelves, and aussie collectors are importing what they want elsewhere, assuming that it will be an exclusive, and be off northern american shelves before we find out for sure.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #575 on: February 22, 2014, 06:28:50 PM »
I think it has nothing to do with orange. Honeybuzz sold like hotcakes.
I think it has to do with both AJ and Brighteyes having "boring" personalities in kids' eyes. Both are the voice of reason, both do very "adult" things and not the cool adult things but the boring ones: working hard and studying hard.

Edit: Twilight was that boring kind of character and look what Hasbro did: Princess-ification ;)

Poor AJ ;_; She's my favorite. She's part of a visibly close family, and is a hard working type who gets things DONE.  Maybe they need to push that a little more in the merch? "Family togetherness" is a concept the kiddies likes, yes? Though the Happy Family dolls kind of fizzled...

I love the idea of the snowglobe ponies, but I'll wait to still them in person. The colors being off actually bugs me MORE on these.
Might dip into the EQG dolls for Photo Finish and Octavia brushab-I mean, dolls. XD;;
Other than that's it all about Holly Dash and the BBs. If the rainbow singles were more about coloful hair and marking and less about tinsel, I'd get Rarity and AJ but...eh.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 22, 2014, 06:46:04 PM »
I think it has nothing to do with orange. Honeybuzz sold like hotcakes.
I think it has to do with both AJ and Brighteyes having "boring" personalities in kids' eyes. Both are the voice of reason, both do very "adult" things and not the cool adult things but the boring ones: working hard and studying hard.

Edit: Twilight was that boring kind of character and look what Hasbro did: Princess-ification ;)

Poor AJ ;_; She's my favorite. She's part of a visibly close family, and is a hard working type who gets things DONE.  Maybe they need to push that a little more in the merch? "Family togetherness" is a concept the kiddies likes, yes? Though the Happy Family dolls kind of fizzled...

I love the idea of the snowglobe ponies, but I'll wait to still them in person. The colors being off actually bugs me MORE on these.
Might dip into the EQG dolls for Photo Finish and Octavia brushab-I mean, dolls. XD;;
Other than that's it all about Holly Dash and the BBs. If the rainbow singles were more about coloful hair and marking and less about tinsel, I'd get Rarity and AJ but...eh.
Don't give up hope! Twilight, Flutters, and Pinkie at least seem to be getting package-accurate Rainbow Power toys, maybe we'll get the rest of them too!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #577 on: February 23, 2014, 02:49:36 AM »
AJ actually has to be on th shelves to sell. And not all kids and collectors buy ponies because of the cartoon :/ my nieces love ponies, they don't watch the cartoon at all.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 23, 2014, 05:34:20 AM »
About the Applejack/Bright Eyes thing.  What about Wind Whistler.  She was the most mature pony of the original cartoon, but she seems popular and definitely not rare.

I think Applejack and Bright Eyes' problems were not their personalities but how they were utilized.  The episodes of Tales centered around Bright Eyes were often preachy and she comes off as a holier than thou type.

Similarly Applejack's episodes tend to be the more uninteresting of the series with her contribution being the most uninteresting.  It's like they're so worried about casting her as a hick they don't want to give anything but positive attributes and when they do have to give a negative attribute they're so low key about it it's drown out by the antics of the others.

However, Wind Whistler made being smart and mature interesting and fun.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 23, 2014, 06:29:16 AM »
I really dislike Wind Whistler as a kid.  I love intelligence but she just wasn't my favorite. I didn't like her colors so that might have something to do with it too.

Last night I dreamed I was in a race of some kind and there were prize ponies on the road you could pick up and keep. All the new dotted ponies were on the ground so instead of running I was stopping to collect them all.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 27, 2014, 10:19:40 AM »

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #581 on: February 27, 2014, 10:38:59 AM »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 27, 2014, 10:48:35 AM »
It was nice to see some of the toys at different angles :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal