collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Should I be looking for collectors that might be interested in these?  (Read 423 times)

Offline kaelynn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • KaeLynn Design on Etsy
Hi all!

I'm a customizer rather than a collector so I know very little about the collectors aspect of MLP.  I'm always keeping my eyes open for baits and recently ran across a bunch of G1s plus a Baby Pony Wear that hasn't been opened and I thought I'd check in with the collectors on here what I should do with them.

The card is pretty beat up on the Baby Pony Wear unfortunately, but it's still tightly sealed:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Parasol is in the best shape of the bunch.  Her symbols and hair are quite nice and she's just dirty.  With a bath and a hair treatment I think she'd look really good:

I believe this is the March birthflower pony?  Other than her terrible haircut and missing tail she's in nice shape and her symbols look perfect:

Peachy seems in good shape as well and her symbols and hair are nice.  Once again she's dirty but will clean up nicely I think:

Lemondrop has dry hair and those pink spots that G1s sometimes get, I don't know what they're called.  Her symbols have an odd look to them too but I'm not sure how to describe that:

Last is Sunbeam and her hair and symbols are very nice.  With a spa treatment I think she'd look really nice although she has a couple of those pink spots on her neck and ear:

I had originally picked up these ponies to use as bait but they're mostly in fairly nice condition and I'd rather not if someone else wants them for collecting.

I also picked up the full set of the 35th anniversary rainbow ponies that are scented and I have no idea if they're worth anything to anyone either!  Their hair is a bit wild but otherwise they look perfect to me.

Sorry for the long post and thank you to anyone who can provide help!   ^.^

Commissions are OPEN!
Find me on Instagram @ kaelynn_design
KaeLynn Design on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/KaeLynnDesign

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
The ponywear and Birthflower pony you could definitely sell. Cleaned up Parasol has a good chance. You'll find the other three harder to get rid of. You could try trading with other customizers instead if you don't want to bait them. Everyone says "I'd happily give a bait pony a home" until you actually try to sell them :P :throw:

And the pink spots are called highlighter marks :)

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Someone would definitely want the pony wear.  Maybe Parasol and Sunbeam (she has such great glitter!), especially with a little tidying up.  Lemon Drop looks too far gone for most collectors.  The others...not sure.

I feel like your best bet would be to clean them up a bit and sell them as a lot on eBay (except for the ponywear!).

Personally I would be interested in Sunbeam except that the shipping cost from CA to USA is probably high.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Agree with the above. The ponywear will definitely have a market as is.

Parasol looks in nice shape. The others it will depend how they clean up.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline GreyBlossom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
I’d sell the baby ponywear and Parasol and Sunbeam (Peachy too if she cleans up well) separately, then the others as a lot, especially since they’re not rare ones. Personally I love buying old battered ponies to clean up and display! I find it more fun than just buying display-ready ones. If you price them reasonably, they’ll sell. Some people price bait grade ponies as if they are fine, and as a buyer I won’t take a risk that something is salvageable unless I’m getting a reasonable deal.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 06:18:59 AM by GreyBlossom »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
I'd be interested in that Sunbeam even with the highlighter marks because I don't mind them. So maybe another collector won't mind them either.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal