collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DIY Resources  (Read 506 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
DIY Resources
« on: May 02, 2022, 05:53:38 AM »
Does anyone know of any good resources (books, youtube channels, instagram accounts) to learn about doing your own home repairs and projects. my partner and i are not very handy but we need to learn so we don't spend a fortune on home repairs. our house is new construction so no big projects right now. but we do want to learn how to keep up the landscaping, add flower beds, hang shelves so they don't fall down, paint. things like that.

like i said we're not very handy. i flooded my laundry room trying to hook up the washer. so very beginner level.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: DIY Resources
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 05:58:59 AM »
Wikihow is a great resource.

I don't know any channels specifically but when I need help for a home repair project I go to Youtube and type in specifically what I want to know, and always get good videos in return.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 09:17:59 AM »
I second BC on wiki how. I have to say I found these kind of claw things that open up inside a cavity wall and allow you to hang things like radiators on weak interior walls etc. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 It's ideal to have a wiring diagram of your house and the exterior to avoid any risks with eleectricity when making changes. Since it's a new build hopefyully you can still get your hands on it. Best o luck with it all!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 08:35:28 PM »
yeah we have the electrical plans and i took photos before the drywall was installed. those claws look really useful. i have a couple of heavy mirrors i want to hang and i definitely want to make sure they don't fall down. i'll check out wikihow. i really want to do more landscaping work. hopefully before it gets too hot.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 11:39:50 AM »
yeah we have the electrical plans and i took photos before the drywall was installed. those claws look really useful. i have a couple of heavy mirrors i want to hang and i definitely want to make sure they don't fall down. i'll check out wikihow. i really want to do more landscaping work. hopefully before it gets too hot.

Ooh, landscaping! I'm doing some now. My back hurts from digging but it will be worth it in the end. Just glad it's not another rental. What kind of garden do you have?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 03:24:24 PM »
right now theres just grass in the backyard. and some weeds.

I'm hoping to add some flowerbeds along the fence. There is a big oak tree next door so part of the yard is pretty shaded and part of it gets a lot of sunshine. But i'll probably start with a couple of larger planters and try again to grow some herbs. i have some chives that are doing well. the basil did well for a while but then it died. i'm a little worried that it's getting too hot already. this weekend is supposed to be almost 37C/98F. but i'm going to do what i can.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 01:05:41 AM »
right now theres just grass in the backyard. and some weeds.

I'm hoping to add some flowerbeds along the fence. There is a big oak tree next door so part of the yard is pretty shaded and part of it gets a lot of sunshine. But i'll probably start with a couple of larger planters and try again to grow some herbs. i have some chives that are doing well. the basil did well for a while but then it died. i'm a little worried that it's getting too hot already. this weekend is supposed to be almost 37C/98F. but i'm going to do what i can.

That sounds really nice. Oak trees are amazing, we have them where we recently moved to as well.  Because the leaves come quite late on them, there are a lot of spring flowers underneath. I've dug beds in the only few patches that don't need some serious weed control. A lot of my stuff is staying in pots for now because otherwise it would get smothered. I really like the look of large planters but they can be pricey, so we used some large plastic piping that i found cut into short pieces. We put compost bags inside. I wish I could get out into the garden more, but I guess it's a catch 22. I got a garden, but now I have to spend more time at work.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal