collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If space and money was no object, what would you collect?  (Read 1244 times)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: If space and money was no object, what would you collect?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2022, 07:03:47 AM »
Charities and non-profits who needed to thank me for donations.  If money was no issue, I would be making the world a better place :)  I wouldn't care about collecting material objects anymore
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2022, 10:44:36 AM »
I would like to have more dvds, cds, records, i'm tired of streaming services. i miss older media.

I agree. I like having hard copies of things too. You never know when a streaming service is going to pull something off when you least expect it. I don't trust digital copies of things, either. My husband and I have set about trying to get all the season DVDs of shows that we grew up watching. We spent the stay-at-home part of the pandemic pretending it was 1985 and exposing our kids to all sorts of 80's TV. CDs and DVDs take up SO much room though...but I like to have 'em! It's also one collection my husband and I can 100% agree on!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2022, 02:59:05 PM »
Oooh yes, I'd get more CDs and DVDs too!! Oh, there's an anime CD I REALLY want, but it was only sold with a (super crazy expensive!) blu-ray set and I just can't justify it... but if money/space wasn't a problem then heck yeah I'd get that XD

I don't care for streaming either, for exactly the same reasons! I've seen SO many posts to the tune of "I was just about to start watching [show] on [service] but they just took half of the show down..", "Why doesn't [service] have the show any more", etc etc! And even if the whole show doesn't get pulled, you never know if something'll happen that'll suddenly render one episode "problematic", or some legal issue pops up over a song in it, or whatever, and then woop the streaming service doesn't have that ep any more. Or whatever. With physical media you know everything's all there (well unless it's one of those sets that's missing an ep or whatever, but that's a whole other thing... well... you know what I mean XD) and it's not going to suddenly vanish on you, you just need to figure out where to store it all! :P

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2022, 06:59:10 AM »
Charities and non-profits who needed to thank me for donations.  If money was no issue, I would be making the world a better place :)  I wouldn't care about collecting material objects anymore

Well yeah, same. I'd open a cat hospice and buy land to keep wild.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2022, 09:12:10 AM »
I am totally burned out on "replace all your media in a different format" every 5 years or so...

I had vinyl, then it needed to be cassette, then it needed to be CD, then .mp3, then whatever DRM-approved format, then iTunes or Spotify...
I had VHS, then it needed to be DVD, then it was Blu-ray then it was .mp4 then it was some streaming service...

When you watch anime, there's a lot of different releases of shows (OVA and all that) and so many depend on which version of the hardcopy Bluray or DVD you've bought. 

I had a massive box of precious discs get lost to flood damage a few years ago and I still haven't recovered most of it.  *sniff*
After that, it got a lot easier to emotionally disconnect from objects that are in my house, collectible or not. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2022, 09:41:27 AM »
I'm not even thinking about money, since that's not really the object of the question, but rather space.

Aside a better library of academic stuff, which btw I already have too much of and that means books on the floor in piles in front of my cabinet and bookcase...

But also stuff relating to Genpei, whether it be historical, or touristy, or tacky merchandise, or anime or manga...

Speaking of, I'd probably have a more organised manga collection, rather than it living mostly in tubs under my desk.

I could probably re-expand my MH collection although I am sort of happy with it where it is right now. I still have some to get rid of mind you, and two of them are still waiting for shelf space.

I'd like to have a FSF shelf.

I am not big on anime figures but I would still love to get the Hakkai and Gokuu dolls to go with my Sanzou and Gojou ones, neither of which can currently be displayed right. I'd also probably like the anime figures from Haruka just because its Haruka.

I would like to say I wouldn't fill the place with houseplants but...I might.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2022, 04:34:07 PM »
The big Breyer horses but alas..no space.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2022, 02:17:40 PM »
I certainly would have more ponies, way more horror movies, and a few fursuits as well.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2022, 01:53:11 PM »
...greyhounds, once you pop you can't stop!!

ALL 80's, early 90's girly toy lines.
Movies (DVD, VHS), vinyl, CD's.
Cars, oh yes, cars: DeLorean, 2016 Scion TC, 2021 Hyundai Veloster, 2021 Honda Civic SI, Kia Forte Koupe, Acura TT, Nissan Skyline, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Toyota Tacoma, Toyota MR-2, Toyota Celica, Toyota Supra...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 05:59:52 AM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2022, 02:44:41 PM »
If money was no object....I'd collect Disney Theme Parks.  Then I could go whenever I wanted and take all my friends and not have to wait in line.   :P

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2022, 04:43:20 PM »
For me, model horses, yard decorations, plants, classic cars, books!

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2022, 10:59:02 AM »
Design furniture! Scandinavian mostly. And art. Not like super expensive necessarily, but not be bound by the price. More buy with the heart. Vintage ceramic vases, I love them and have a small collection already. More books. All my favorites and lots of first editions :heart:

I probably would also collect shoes :lol:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2022, 12:12:42 PM »
More pony, of course.

But other than that, a nice library of books, manga, cds, dvds, and board games! I collect Monopoly games, I'd have a monopoly on Monopolies!

If this were a few years ago, I would want to build up my coin collection. But after most of them were ruined by PVC, I've been out of it. I would say enamel pins, too, but every one I get reminds me of my trauma. I'm still avidly ongoing with pin collecting, though.

Animal plushies.

Memorabilia for a few franchises I like.

And I suppose it isn't really collecting but I would have bunnies again. <3

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2022, 10:25:09 PM »
Probably a lot of different 1:43 die-cast toy cars for my collection. Also a lot of movies on DVD and music on CD and vinyl (and possibly some on cassettes) plus a lot of paper books. Not to mention tons of vintage junk from places like eBay. And speaking of collecting physical media, in this hypothetical scenario where I supposedly am rich and have a huge house, I would also arrange some sort of living room area where on one end there would be a comfy sofa with a table in front of it, and standing against the opposite wall would be a TV to watch all those movies on and a custom stereo stack to play all that music on, plus some good speakers in the corners. The stereo would probably consist of Technics components which would be an amplifier, a tuner, a cassette deck, a CD deck and a turntable, it would also have some small bottom shelf for things like headphones, where I would also keep a tablet connected to the amplifier through the aux port so that I could even play mp3 or streaming on the stereo. That way I could sit on the couch and solve nonograms or jigsaw puzzles while listening to music, or watch TV while comfortably eating. Maybe one day when I get my own place or at least live alone.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline cosmospanda

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2022, 02:59:48 AM »

I'm along these lines, only I'd help animals specifically.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal