collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Color match for Nirvana Spanish Starflower's peach hair streak?  (Read 539 times)

Offline CrashieCorbashie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
Color match for Nirvana Spanish Starflower's peach hair streak?
« on: February 23, 2022, 01:45:14 PM »
Because I don't have plans to sell my Spanish Starflower, I want to rehair the orange part of her hair (a little bit of the pink is cut off too but I am considering taking a few stripes off of her tail for that). It has been cut off in half. It would be like 9-10 plugs.

Do you know any close matches to her hair? I believe peaches and cream from dollyhair is too dark and saturated for her. Also her hair is a bit dry (I heard that's common in Spanish ponies) so the ideal thing would be to get hair from a vintage pony.

Does any common pony have a similar hair color to the nirvana spanish rainbow ponies? Or is anyone here maybe selling something that would match?

Here's the pic of what the colors looks like under flash lighting (pic a bit edited to match how it looks irl cuz my phone camera distorts the color a bit):

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Color match for Nirvana Spanish Starflower's peach hair streak?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 10:39:45 AM »
I don't have this pony and my collection is packed away, but just from photos Shimmerlocks has a color that looks like a match - Peach Sorbet

It also looks like a color found more often in G3 ponies, I think Dollyhair calls it Sunset.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 07:49:29 AM »
In general Spanisch Ponies tend to have a softer version of the hair colors their US release counterpart has. So if you have a US Starflower, check if their peach streaks are the same.

Peach Sorbet from Shimmerlocks is a blend (I don't know from which colors), so if you don't mind I'd order a sample and take a look if it matches.

Dollyhair's match for the original peach color is called Peaches n Cream, however during the years it has changed and is now too light to be a good match anymore, so it might have the right color for your girl. It's maybe worth to check out Peach Cobbler as well as Apricot from Dollyhair - these are similar. 

If you rehair the peach colored streak completely it's maybe okay to be a tad outside the correct range.

Offline CrashieCorbashie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 03:10:49 PM »
Omg so sorry for not responding, I have not seen this comment  :( I don't have a US Starflower but mine definitely has a lighter hair color than her. After some comparing I've concluded that Peach Sorbet is the closest match. I wanted to buy it but the shipping to Poland turned out to be almost 4 times the price so I put it away for now. I only need it for 9-10 plugs so that's why I'm also not too keen on spending this much money for the entire chunk. If you were to buy it, would you mind selling me some? We could arrange something

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal